Weekly Post Update: 10/26/14 - 11/01/14

AlyssaJoJo
AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
Thought I'd get this started for the new week!

Replies

• debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Well today has been my 1st fast of the week...... Thought I'd start the week off as I mean to go on.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    AlyssaJoJo wrote: »

Thanks for starting the new post for this week!

Today is my first fast day of the week and my first fast day back since I've been sick (I did fast last week and it feels like I have been aways for years) SO glad to be back. It's strange to actually feel happy to be back fasting, but I have actually missed it :o

Since I started back in September I had been fasting Mondays and Tuesdays (back to back). I have now decided to fast on Mondays and Wednesdays to make it more manageable, we will see how that goes.

This last weekend was super busy and ended up eating take aways a bit too often (however when I had McDonald's I decided to eat the same thing as my kids, chicken nugget happy meal and not a quarter pounder with cheese meal [little victory]). I was driving all day yesterday, a total of 6 hours to Dover and back. I logged it under exercise just for fun and it said I burnt 700 calories, could that really be right, I'm skeptical.

Hope everyone has a brilliant start to the week!

P.S. A question to all the ladies (men look away now)... How has it been when you have fasted during 'that time of the month'? Has it been more difficult? Have you avoided it?
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Hi. I'm fasting today. Haven't been running for a week as I have allowed my inner couch potato to trot out excuses. To hit my October target I still need 9.75 miles. Looks like I better get on with it!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Today is also a fast day for me. I usually fast Mon, Wed. and Friday. Hope everyone as a good fasting day.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    For this week we are fasting Tuesday and Thursday. I'm really hoping to see some kind of lost this week!!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    AlyssaJoJo wrote: »

Thanks for starting us off!

Fast day for me today!! After my week vacation and last weeks bust I finally feel "up to" fasting today! I feel geared up and ready to go. Last week I just didn't, so that's why it's important to listen to your body and respect what it has to say! Tomorrow I "get to" eat out twice - lunch and dinner which are both work events so my sodium will be crazy high tomorrow. I also won't be around much tomorrow since I'll be downtown at a convention.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

• thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    edited October 2014
    Today's a fast day for me too! Looking forward to dinner :P
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member

Me too!
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Not a fast day for me (yay) but tomorrow is and I promised myself not to focus on it so much!!
  • bbb251
    bbb251 Posts: 5 Member
    Seems like a lot of us fast on Mondays! I never did a final weigh in last week, but I checked this morning and was still where I was last Thursday - which hardly ever happens since Sat-Sun are my biggest eating days. So I feel like this will be a good week. I usually eat breakfast even on fast days, but today I didn't, so we'll see how it goes. It's almost 10 and I'm not hungry yet which is good! I did have 2 cups of coffee with cream though!
  • thecarbmonster
    @bbb251 Monday used to be the hardest day for me, so I might have "planned/hoped" it was a fast day, but normally ended up to a "moderate" day...just hoping for a calorie deficit. However, since I now have meetings first thing Monday morning it helps distract me :)

Another thing that has helped me ease into the week is that I started eating a frozen smoothie/icey treat for a late breakfast. Before I would just try to fast until dinner, but now I look forward to that little treat. It's just a cup of frozen strawberries, some spinach, and water to blend. Sometimes I add flax seed. I freeze a batch in individual cups for the week.

It helps me with the "mental" battle of wanting something, but not really needing anything. It's 50 cals for the strawberries and a few more for the spinach, so definitely a filling treat for low cals!
  • thecarbmonster
    Forgot to ask- what week is everybody on? I'm starting lucky number 13! Just in time for Halloween :)
  • AlyssaJoJo
    @bbb251 if it wasn't for coffee I feel like my fasting days would never make it. Sometimes I use cream but mostly I drink it black. But it's really something that kills all my morning hunger!
  • thecarbmonster
    @alyssajojo I totally forgot about coffee! I haven't made it lately since I've been running out the door lucky I even remembered to put on my pants haha!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Yesterday (Monday) was a public holiday here so today is my first fast for the week. I was very naughty again this long weekend but still logged every day except Saturday (when I doubt I went over by much).

Then I get surprised and disheartened when I'm not back down to my lowest number come weigh-in (Saturday morning). Duh.

That being said, I've not been at this weight for about 8 years, and certainly am in much better shape than when my husband met and fell in love with me 4yrs ago...so I'm not that concerned that the weightloss has slowed while I'm enjoying my life.

I plan to keep up this eating plan until Xmas and hope to be at goal (2-4kgs to go depending on the day of the week) by then. Seems eminently doable.

Go well this week my 5:2 friends!
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Hi, I'm just starting and did my first fast today. It wasn't so hard. Just joined this group and love to see all the positive posts. Also have linked to my fitbit flex. i've got all the gadgets, let's see if I have the discipline!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    snaps27 wrote: »

Me too!

Today and Wednesday will be my fast days this week. Normally I don't mind fast days, I just kind of charge through them. But today has been more of a struggle than usual. Looking forward to my NFD tomorrow. :/

@thecarbmonster - This is week 9 for me.
  • bbb251
    bbb251 Posts: 5 Member
    @thecarbmonster week 6 for me!

I'm done eating - clocked in @ 548 calories for the day. Really enjoyed my dinner of hummus + pita + apple slices + yasso bar for dessert, but also excited for regular eating tomorrow!
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    First fasting day started with a headache, hmpf. But it got better and I hang on :-)
  • calatheauk
    calatheauk Posts: 15 Member
    Fasted yesterday which went well. I went to the gym for the first time on a fast day and felt absolutely no different from when I go on a non-fast day. Not sure why I expected to, really! I did find that it seemed to delay my hunger pangs at lunchtime, which is all to the good as it meant I ate lunch a little later and didn't have my usual fast day 3:30pm hunger gremlins nagging at me.

Planned a really tasty day of food for today, and have my dinner already cooking gently in my slow cooker. By far my favourite meal these days though is breakfast the day after a fast. It just tastes so GOOD.