Hmm... curious.

Replies

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    That would soooooo be my luck too!! I hate hate hate dating. Plus I hate logging on and seeing someone I have been talking to already online .. lol. I'm like really dude?? lol I have issues.

I'm the same way!! Especially someone I've been talking to for awhile and if it seems like it's going in the right direction then I see them logged in! I swear when that's the case I usually just sign on to get rid of notifications and delete messages. Which could also be true for the guy but....somehow I doubt it! lol

But you are logging in to be able to see that he is on line. Maybe he sees you on line and thinks the same thing as you do that you are seeing what else is out there.

Exactly what MM said...you are upset to see him on, but you are on too. Also, ......I know on OKC, when I had that phone app, I had no way to log out on my phone........and my friend NEVER signs out of POF when she isn't on....so that could be the reason also (although I would think some apps would log you out after a certain amount of time)

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Nooooo .. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was stalking his online activity! If I would get a message or a notification and go to clear it or whatever. There isn't even anyone I am talking to .. I was just saying hypothetically .. or when I have in the past.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    I have OKC and POF apps on my phone. Unless I specifically log out of the apps each time I use them, they will report me online as long as there is an internet connection. My ex and I did a test on this after we met.

And I had a psychology prof in college that actually made us all sign up for an Eharmony personality profile. So not the dating part necessarily, but just the long questionnaire to tell us about our personality. Talk about depressing when at the end of it all, it gave me my personality profile, and said that Eharmony would not be able to match me with anyone. The site didn't even give me an option to get rejected, it rejected me from even moving forward to the dating part. :'(
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Single and not currently dating. I have decided I just want to be single for awhile- when other people have said that in hte past I thought "how boring" but now I totally get it.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Nooooo .. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was stalking his online activity! If I would get a message or a notification and go to clear it or whatever. There isn't even anyone I am talking to .. I was just saying hypothetically .. or when I have in the past.

but.....that is just it...he could have been just on to check a message to clear it or see if message was from you....right?

• wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Single and after my last 3 attempts at dating I don't think that will be changing anytime soon.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    I am single. And... *looks around the room*
    *Whispers*: I've never had a boyfriend. :smile:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    thadenge wrote: »
    Why oh why do you womenfolk have to be so freaking confusing??? lol :s

Single - no bf

Ummm why do MEN have to be so confusing???

There's a guy I've sorta seen a few times since March. He acts like he likes me when he calls, texts, sees me. Thing is, he hardly ever calls, texts, sees me. So I give up on him thinking he's not into me then he'll call & we'll see each other. Or say something promising. And before you ask... nothing sexual with this guy yet. Only a hug so far. He seems like a real gentleman. Again... why are men so confusing???

Btw... I am NOT putting my life on hold for this guy. But if he steps it up... GREAT!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    edited October 2014

Single - no bf

There's a guy I've sorta seen a few times since March. He acts like he likes me when he calls, texts, sees me. Thing is, he hardly ever calls, texts, sees me. So I give up on him thinking he's not into me then he'll call & we'll see each other. Or say something promising. And before you ask... nothing sexual with this guy yet. Only a hug so far. He seems like a real gentleman. Again... why are men so confusing???

Btw... I am NOT putting my life on hold for this guy. But if he steps it up... GREAT!

How hard is it to say, "You are really confusing me. What's up with the infrequent nature of calling me?" or even better, you like the guy enough that you're qualifying your relationship as nothing sexual YET. Why not take some initiative and call him to arrange doing something?

• Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Hmmmm it could be a case of Hes just not that into you.
    But you've seen him since March abd you've only hugged? Why only hugged? Is that you or him? If it's him, he's def not that into you but if it's you, is it possible he thinks you've friend zoned him?
  • thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 49 Member

Single - no bf

LOL OK OK maybe it just isn't women that are confusing. Maybe it isn't so much gender-based as people that have a screw loose. Whatever the case, I've moved on from mine. Not sure what the issue is/was and it is a bit of shame since the first (and only) date was so much fun (I've contacted her a couple times since then but no change) but I totally get not putting your life on hold for someone. Moving on, better days ahead! :smiley:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    100% single
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Jennifer10723: I did a free trial for eHarmony and I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MATCHES! HAHAHA! Ughhhh!!

I got the same thing, really makes a person feel good about themselves :(

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Jennifer10723: I did a free trial for eHarmony and I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MATCHES! HAHAHA! Ughhhh!!

I got the same thing, really makes a person feel good about themselves :(

I wouldn't worry about that. I dont think they have a huge database and I think their matching system sucks. :\

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    The slowness is all him. Hugs & all. So I think he's not into me but then I'm "his" insert various pet names. I have asked him out & it fell thru. Soooo guess I keep playing the game while going with other guys & if my man comes along...
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Yeah save yourself some heartache. I was in the same exact situation a couple of yrs ago. Granted, were still great friends but that's all he wanted from me though there were confusing signs. I don't hate him because he did communicate it to me. I moved on and dated. He's met several of my bfs! He even came around a couple of months ago and met my man now that I live with. I wouldn't even play the game. If you need to have no contact for a while, do it. But don't get all confused everytime he calls you a pet name. You don't deserve that.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    I'm totally single, and I am also totally ok with it. I don't even have time to meet anyone right now, and the men around me are just too young. Is it bad that I can't even remotely find a guy under the age of 27 attractive? lol
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Single and not even dating at this point. Just ended a 1 1/2 year relationship about a month and a half ago and right now I'm reassessing myself and what I want in life.
  • thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 49 Member
    I'm totally single, and I am also totally ok with it. I don't even have time to meet anyone right now, and the men around me are just too young. Is it bad that I can't even remotely find a guy under the age of 27 attractive? lol

Speaking for all of the old(er) guys out there...that isn't bad at all! haha
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Separated from my husband (who I was with since I was 20) in June. Not 100% single, but not exactly taken. I'm in no-man's land....literally.

I know he's dating - which is good for him, but I think it would be .... not right (for me anyhow) to start dating at the moment until the divorce proceedings are official or complete. It just doesn't seem right otherwise.

And while I've met people in my single-ish status, I haven't met anyone I'd want to date for their sake.