Replies

• Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Single and happy :)
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Single and just starting the dating scene. Had a date last Friday and hoping for another this weekend.
  • thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Separated from my husband (who I was with since I was 20) in June. Not 100% single, but not exactly taken. I'm in no-man's land....literally.

I know he's dating - which is good for him, but I think it would be .... not right (for me anyhow) to start dating at the moment until the divorce proceedings are official or complete. It just doesn't seem right otherwise.

And while I've met people in my single-ish status, I haven't met anyone I'd want to date for their sake.

Having been through it recently I completely agree with the waiting until at least the divorce is complete (and maybe longer). I made the mistake of starting what ended up being a serious relationship when I'd just gotten through my divorce and she was in the middle of hers...while it was a great relationship while it lasted after a year she ended it because of needing to figure out who she was after all that time (15 years of being a couple with her husband then directly into a year as a couple with me). Anyhow, I was crushed since before that it had been really great and we were talking about possibly getting engaged but in the end it was the right move for both of us (we're great friends now).

Anyhow, just adding a little vote that you're doing the right thing there @Joannah700 (not that you needed it, but just throwing it out there lol)
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    caved in......joined POF lol

I have no problem meeting women in the real world but I've had bad luck this year, 2015 new places new faces N'all that'
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    LGrill27 wrote: »
    Single and just starting the dating scene. Had a date last Friday and hoping for another this weekend.

With the same person, or someone different?

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    caved in......joined POF lol

I have no problem meeting women in the real world but I've had bad luck this year, 2015 new places new faces N'all that'

Good luck!!!

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    thadenge wrote: »
    Why oh why do you womenfolk have to be so freaking confusing??? lol :s

Single - no bf

Ummm why do MEN have to be so confusing???

There's a guy I've sorta seen a few times since March. He acts like he likes me when he calls, texts, sees me. Thing is, he hardly ever calls, texts, sees me. So I give up on him thinking he's not into me then he'll call & we'll see each other. Or say something promising. And before you ask... nothing sexual with this guy yet. Only a hug so far. He seems like a real gentleman. Again... why are men so confusing???

Btw... I am NOT putting my life on hold for this guy. But if he steps it up... GREAT!

How hard is it to say, "You are really confusing me. What's up with the infrequent nature of calling me?" or even better, you like the guy enough that you're qualifying your relationship as nothing sexual YET. Why not take some initiative and call him to arrange doing something?

Very hard because then you are needy and smothering him with "relationship" questions when the guy didnt even think thats what was going on. Lol.
    Idk I used to ask questions like that but i hate to say I just assume they are bored with me and have moved on. Oh well.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    That would soooooo be my luck too!! I hate hate hate dating. Plus I hate logging on and seeing someone I have been talking to already online .. lol. I'm like really dude?? lol I have issues.

I'm the same way!! Especially someone I've been talking to for awhile and if it seems like it's going in the right direction then I see them logged in! I swear when that's the case I usually just sign on to get rid of notifications and delete messages. Which could also be true for the guy but....somehow I doubt it! lol

But you are logging in to be able to see that he is on line. Maybe he sees you on line and thinks the same thing as you do that you are seeing what else is out there.

I do have to agree with this! I have thought the same thing..."Well obviously I'm logging in also" but honestly 90% of the time I log in is to just delete other messages. I hate having a junked up inbox or regular email inbox!
    I have OKC and POF apps on my phone. Unless I specifically log out of the apps each time I use them, they will report me online as long as there is an internet connection. My ex and I did a test on this after we met.

This is also true. I'm pretty sure these apps leave me logged in also. One of my male friends is on there "as a joke" and he'll text me late at night asking what I'm doing up when I've been asleep for hours! ::shrug::
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    And I had a psychology prof in college that actually made us all sign up for an Eharmony personality profile. So not the dating part necessarily, but just the long questionnaire to tell us about our personality. Talk about depressing when at the end of it all, it gave me my personality profile, and said that Eharmony would not be able to match me with anyone. The site didn't even give me an option to get rejected, it rejected me from even moving forward to the dating part. :'(

LOL same thing happened to me when I signed up for eHarmony! No matches!

ETA: Ahhh crap. Just realized I posted that before haha sorry!

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Single and I guess I'm ok with it (most of the time). And that may be the crux of my problem (being ok with it). I've been officially divorced for 3 years. Single for almost 4 years. I have dated in that time. I've been on enough dates that I have begun to realize that I might not be boyfriend material! It's not because I have nothing to offer (because I really think I do) but rather it's because I don't know if I'm willing to change my life and prioritize someone above all the millions of other things I have going on.

It may be that I just haven't met someone that makes me WANT to give them my time. I keep hoping that will happen. . but for today, I just kind of feel 'meh' about the whole thing (that's today. . tomorrow I will feel different!).
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    @Joanna. . I think it shows class and wisdom to wait. It's an emotionally draining and confusing time (Unless you're a sociopath). It's tough to keep your focus from drifting back to what was and focus on what is. If you find your mind constantly wandering back to your marriage or your ex.. you probably aren't ready. . It's a cruel truth, because all you want is a distraction from that crap!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It may be that I just haven't met someone that makes me WANT to give them my time. I keep hoping that will happen. . but for today, I just kind of feel 'meh' about the whole thing (that's today. . tomorrow I will feel different!).

I think this is it. you just haven't met someone yet to make you WANT to give them your time and effort. when you meet that person, it'll change.

there's only been two people i've wanted to give my efforts to but neither worked out. so i'll continue to move forward. sifting through the rift raft... ;)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am legally married but haven't lived with my husband in three and a half years. I don't date because it just seems wrong, and I don't want to make someone a priority.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Single, not dating...nothing!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I've been single now for...wow...two full on years. I've gone on a few dates, even a few second and third dates, but none have panned out as relationships.
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Single; I haven't had a date in a very long time...
  • keithm138
    keithm138 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Single and not dating
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lauren and Jennifer, I've done some research on these sites, cause I'm single and nerdy and get depressed at how little action I get online dating. So I was debating doing Match or eHarmony (actually went through the eHarmony test and they had no matches for me LOL), because I was doing okc and pof and kept talking to a-holes, flakes, and losers. You can see the salary ranges on those sites and I make at least double what 80% of the guys on these sites say they make. Not that I'm looking for money, but I don't want a lot of drama about how I'm more educated/successful, blah blah blah, plus I do want someone who has a real job and his life together! Anyway, I thought maybe a paid site would be better, but wanted to do some research first....so apparently the stats of the paid sites are artificially inflated...they include active AND inactive members as well as paying members AND nonpaying members. As some of you have probably found out, there's no way to tell if someone is a paying member....you don't know if a guy is ignoring you or just isn't paying for the site. And on top of that, it doesn't pay for the site for you to actually meet someone and fall in love and stop subscribing, so they're really not going to help you find paying, active members.

So that got long...but that's why I won't bother paying for a dating site unless one comes along that's a little more effective and honest... :|
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sabs .. thanks for that information! I completely got rid of both sites. I am done trying to find someone. I am quite certain I will die alone .. lol.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sabs2009 wrote: »
    Lauren and Jennifer, I've done some research on these sites, cause I'm single and nerdy and get depressed at how little action I get online dating. So I was debating doing Match or eHarmony (actually went through the eHarmony test and they had no matches for me LOL), because I was doing okc and pof and kept talking to a-holes, flakes, and losers. You can see the salary ranges on those sites and I make at least double what 80% of the guys on these sites say they make. Not that I'm looking for money, but I don't want a lot of drama about how I'm more educated/successful, blah blah blah, plus I do want someone who has a real job and his life together! Anyway, I thought maybe a paid site would be better, but wanted to do some research first....so apparently the stats of the paid sites are artificially inflated...they include active AND inactive members as well as paying members AND nonpaying members. As some of you have probably found out, there's no way to tell if someone is a paying member....you don't know if a guy is ignoring you or just isn't paying for the site. And on top of that, it doesn't pay for the site for you to actually meet someone and fall in love and stop subscribing, so they're really not going to help you find paying, active members.

So that got long...but that's why I won't bother paying for a dating site unless one comes along that's a little more effective and honest... :|

With the constant evolution of social media, I think the online dating world is now switching over mainly to apps. Love it or hate it, it might be time for everyone who wants to be dating to get on Tinder, Clover, Scout, The Grade or others. Personally, I find more people actually 'talk' on them than online too.