Episode Discussions **Spoiler Alert**

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I don't think its Carol, but at the same time, how did Daryl and Carol get seperated? Only a day has passed at this point, right?

It's also not Beth, although I am not sure what to make of the clip of her in that hospital. Is she back in Atlanta?

It *might* be Morgan, but the only reason I don't think it is is because of the way that Daryl said "Come on out." There was a air of almost disappointed familiarity, a sort of chiding...like he was telling a naughty dog to come. I don't remember him meeting Morgan, so that level of familiarity wouldn't exist with them.

I almost think its someone that we've forgotten. Is there someone that broke off from the group but we never got confirmation that they've died?
    I wonder about that too.... who would Daryl be leery of...
    We saw all the Termites die. Gareth and crew... Mary...all the others...
    We saw the Governor die. We saw all his people, with the exception of Tara, die. We saw all of Daryl's "claimed" hillbilly crew die.... we saw Merle die. Back on Season 2 when they killed those guys on the bar and Shane killed the one they had tied up on the barn... there was a group associated with them who we never saw again, I think. And when Rick drove Carol off... that young hippie couple they'd met, the man or the woman survived, I think, but Daryl wouldn't know them. Hmmm. Nothing is making sense.

• DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ya, that's true that they didn't seem bothered that they left. Oh that Carol and Daryl, up to their shannanagins again. ???

I think that out of everyone, the group trusts Daryl & Carol to be out on their own. Daryl & Carol have the strongest instincts, and Rick (and by proxy, everyone else) trusts that they can fend for themselves and come back when it's safe.

The theory that next week might be Beth's story leading up to Daryl bringing her back at that moment makes sense...BUT if we see the story from Beth's side, then we KNOW that Daryl rescues her and brings her back, essentially ruining the reveal to Michonne. I don't think the writers would throw the buildup of that moment away by having it conclude exactly how we expect it to, having seen Daryl rescue Beth.

If this were to happen then I would assume that carol has perished.
    OR
    It is a guy from the hospital that beth help escape and then the group will go and try to recuse both of them (carol & beth). That would lead us up to the mid season finale. Then at that point whoever is alive will go on to DC.

What if it is morgan thats with Daryl and then they go and save beth and carol.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I almost think its someone that we've forgotten. Is there someone that broke off from the group but we never got confirmation that they've died?

Morales family from season 1 or maybe Woodburians...Woodburites...whatever that they relocated to the prison that survived the attack but we did not know as characters.

And I agree on Glenn and Maggie! WTH? She's just leaving Beth for dead??? I'm hoping crazy Morgan meets up with that group because they don't know his history.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oh! Its Carol helping an injuried or sick Beth walk. She had that IV so who knows what has been pumped into her. That's why Daryl trusts them behind him.

Funny they are teasing is with the fates of Beth and Carol. Probably because they can't tease us with Daryl. Because they can't kill him off without a revolt! Seriously I think they could kill off Rick before Daryl.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So, I went through the wiki character list and I can't identify anyone that we as the audience would be excited to see walk out of the woods (list here: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/TV_Series_Characters). I mean, everyone who isn't dead would barely be remembered at this point in the series. Maybe my theory sucks...

WARNING: May be spoilers ahead? (http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Slabtown)

On another note, the wiki has some notes for next week's episode. They haven't identified the actor that plays the doctor for some reason...I don't know if its b/c the wiki doesn't know OR maybe the show doesn't want that info out for some reason...but I'm pretty sure it's Erik Jensen.

• tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Darryl didn't seem like he didn't trust the person he was with, he seemed to be protecting that person. Remember when he and carol took off, the group was being watched and he doesnt know if the danger is over yet. He came out first to see who was coming toward them, hiding the person he was with until he knew it was a friend.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I also think that Maggie and glen didn't want to leave, BUT they promised and since the other group was determine to leave they had to keep their promise.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    I don't think its Carol, but at the same time, how did Daryl and Carol get seperated? Only a day has passed at this point, right?

It's also not Beth, although I am not sure what to make of the clip of her in that hospital. Is she back in Atlanta?

It *might* be Morgan, but the only reason I don't think it is is because of the way that Daryl said "Come on out." There was a air of almost disappointed familiarity, a sort of chiding...like he was telling a naughty dog to come. I don't remember him meeting Morgan, so that level of familiarity wouldn't exist with them.

We saw the Governor die. We saw all his people, with the exception of Tara, die. We saw all of Daryl's "claimed" hillbilly crew die.... we saw Merle die. Back on Season 2 when they killed those guys on the bar and Shane killed the one they had tied up on the barn... there was a group associated with them who we never saw again, I think. And when Rick drove Carol off... that young hippie couple they'd met, the man or the woman survived, I think, but Daryl wouldn't know them. Hmmm. Nothing is making sense.

It was the hippie guy that survived but the Termites killed him. He was the first one to get his throat cut in the bleeding room or whatever that horrible place was right before Carol blew everything up.

I agree with TJ. I think Daryl was acting protective of whoever was behind him. My vote is still Carol helping Beth because of whatever she went through with the other people.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »

It was the hippie guy that survived but the Termites killed him. He was the first one to get his throat cut in the bleeding room or whatever that horrible place was right before Carol blew everything up.

I agree with TJ. I think Daryl was acting protective of whoever was behind him. My vote is still Carol helping Beth because of whatever she went through with the other people.

This is what i was thinking. I think daryl heard michonne walking up to them and maybe went ahead to make sure. And maybe carol is helping beth. I don't know though, anything can happen lol.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    I also think that Maggie and glen didn't want to leave, BUT they promised and since the other group was determine to leave they had to keep their promise.

Agreed. In order to get the DC group to stay and help ex"TERMIN"ate (see what I did there?) the cannibal group, Maggie and Glenn had to promise to leave with them the next day, no matter what. They didn't want to split up, and frankly I'm upset that they did. The family ought to stay together, they're the only ones they can count on. If Eugene is the fraud I fear he is, they're risking a lot.

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I believe that it is Beth with Daryl and Carol. This week will be "all about Beth" and the episode I believe will end where last weeks left off - with Daryl coming out of the woods to meet Michonne.
    - There is also speculation as Beth will be ON the Talking Dead this week that she will die this week.... IF that is the case - well my above theory is shot to hell!!!
  • DucMouse
    Options
    From what I have been reading on some forums is that this episode will end with carol being taking to this "hospital" place and beth seeing her. I believe that Daryl is with the guy that beth help escaped and in the next episode they will return to rescue beth and carol.
  • DucMouse
    Options
    I do get the feeling that Tyreese is gonna die this season.
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options
    I'm actually a little disappointed at how lazy the writers seem with this whole "Eugene has the cure, let's go live in DC where there is secret infrastructure!" storyline. First of all, HOW MANY TIMES have they dangled the "paradise" carrot in front of the audience--the prison, Woodbury, Terminus--and EVERY TIME it turns out to be not what it seemed. EVERY TIME it ends in disaster. How can they think we are naive enough to fall for it AGAIN? Lazy.

I don't feel like Eugene is a fraud. I think he really does believe he knows what he knows. But we as the audience know that the group will never find paradise...
  • DucMouse
    Options
    I can tell you what happens....again if anyone is a comic reader you know what happens....
    I'm just curious how Rick and co will meet up with Abaram and how will morgan eventually reach them...
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a little disappointed at how lazy the writers seem with this whole "Eugene has the cure, let's go live in DC where there is secret infrastructure!" storyline. First of all, HOW MANY TIMES have they dangled the "paradise" carrot in front of the audience--the prison, Woodbury, Terminus--and EVERY TIME it turns out to be not what it seemed. EVERY TIME it ends in disaster. How can they think we are naive enough to fall for it AGAIN? Lazy.

I don't feel like Eugene is a fraud. I think he really does believe he knows what he knows. But we as the audience know that the group will never find paradise...

This. ^

I find it hard to believe Eugene is the key to saving the world. Supposedly he knows the cure, or something, and he's trying to get to DC. From what little I remember when we first met him, he had previously still been in contact with the folks in DC via satellite phones or something, but then DC recently stopped responding. So, Abraham thinks the next logical step is to assist Eugene in traveling all the way to DC. I would think that if they stopped communicating, they are probably dead (or undead) like most of the rest of the world.

Plus his whole "It's classified" BS is just that: BS. This is a whole new world, there cannot possibly still be a central government whose rules need to be followed (the anarchist in me loves this part of the apocalypse, btw). And the weirdest part is none of the Rickettes are asking these questions. They are mostly just taking Eugene & Co. at their word. I don't have a bad feeling about the three of them, but if anything I think they are deluding themselves and trying to live in a world that doesn't exist anymore (Eugene with his research and protocols, Abraham with his military orderliness, and I'm sorry, I forget his girlfriend's name; not sure if she was even with them before this all happened).
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I guess I just feel like someone of Eugene's type (not strong, not fast, basically Zombie Chow) would tell someone like Abraham he could shoot rainbows out his rear end if he thought it meant Abraham would protect him as thoroughly as he's been doing. What are the chances they're actually going to make it to DC to find out he's been deluding them this whole time? And I'm not spoiling, I've read some of the comics but not this far. This is just my theory.
  • strangewebby
    strangewebby Posts: 72
    edited October 2014
    Options
    *If* Eugene ends up saving the day and curing the world, is that a finale you guys would want to see? I haven't read any of the comics, just curious about everyone's feelings toward an ending for the series that really does let the survivors be "normal" again.
    I personally think that Eugene is going to die soon.

Edited to add:
    I'm not so much annoyed with the group splitting up as much as Glenn volunteering Maggie to go with them without even asking her first (unless I missed that part).
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    *If* Eugene ends up saving the day and curing the world, is that a finale you guys would want to see? I haven't read any of the comics, just curious about everyone's feelings toward an ending for the series that really does let the survivors be "normal" again.
    I personally think that Eugene is going to die soon.

Edited to add:
    I'm not so much annoyed with the group splitting up as much as Glenn volunteering Maggie to go with them without even asking her first (unless I missed that part).

As much as I like happy endings, I would not like that one. Peace and civilization will have to be rebuilt by great and heroic acts. To me, Eugene doesn't fit that bill. And I agree, Eugene is a sitting duck. However I am assuming by some of the comments from people who have read the comics that Abraham is much more of a warrior than the show is giving him credit for.
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options

Edited to add:

Ha, I immediately noticed that too! I was like, uh, Maggie can speak for herself...BUT in S4 Maggie *did* burn Glenn's picture of her and said that he wouldn't need it anymore because they would never be apart again, so Glenn probably felt like he could speak for both of them. Still, a little consultation wouldn't hurt...
    knitapeace wrote: »
    I guess I just feel like someone of Eugene's type (not strong, not fast, basically Zombie Chow) would tell someone like Abraham he could shoot rainbows out his rear end if he thought it meant Abraham would protect him as thoroughly as he's been doing. What are the chances they're actually going to make it to DC to find out he's been deluding them this whole time? And I'm not spoiling, I've read some of the comics but not this far. This is just my theory.

As for Eugene, he definitely seems like he falls somewhere on the Autism spectrum. He is *apparently* supersmart (or so we are supposed to believe), but whenever stuff goes down, he sits there completely ineffectual and unperturbed. I think it is not unreasonable to theorize that he might be manipulating stronger people into protecting him. But to what end? Duhn-Duhn-DUHNNNN!!!