Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    5k210k week 2 day 3 in the books 4.87 miles.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Did my W8D3 run today and it was terrible. I started great, did slightly over 2 miles in 20 minutes and then suddenly felt sharp pain under my ribs on the right. Walked for the 20 more minutes - tried to start running few times, but every time had to stop :(
    I ate a lot of sweets earlier today - cookies, waffles, cakes, but it was 3-4 hours before I ran. Could this be a problem? I have a race next weekend and was planning to do two more 30 min runs this coming week before the race, but now I am concerned - what if I'll have the same problem again?
    I'd chalk it up to a freak occurrence. You should be fine next time out. How was your hydration?
    Thanks! I had a great run tonight! Did 3 miles in 29:30 and felt strong and fast :) One more 30 min run this Thursday and a 5k race this weekend!!!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Did my W8D3 run today and it was terrible. I started great, did slightly over 2 miles in 20 minutes and then suddenly felt sharp pain under my ribs on the right. Walked for the 20 more minutes - tried to start running few times, but every time had to stop :(
    I ate a lot of sweets earlier today - cookies, waffles, cakes, but it was 3-4 hours before I ran. Could this be a problem? I have a race next weekend and was planning to do two more 30 min runs this coming week before the race, but now I am concerned - what if I'll have the same problem again?
    I'd chalk it up to a freak occurrence. You should be fine next time out. How was your hydration?
    Thanks! I had a great run tonight! Did 3 miles in 29:30 and felt strong and fast :) One more 30 min run this Thursday and a 5k race this weekend!!!
    Great news. I'm going to run in a 5k on Sunday. I'm hoping to be running a 10k by next calendar year.

• MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did it! Last night was W8D3, the final C25K workout. I can't believe how far I've come. I've proven to myself what I'm capable of. My next plan is to continue running 30 minutes 3 times a week and to improve my time.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I completed W8D3 before I finished W8D2 by accident. I finished W8D2 yesterday. One more 30 minute run, and I'm done. It's taken me over 14 weeks, but I'm about to be finished with training!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    @MamaGab92; @newhealthykim great work. It's been fun "running" along side you guys in the program.
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's taken me over 14 weeks, but I'm about to be finished with training!

I started in late March then got a knee injury. Started again in May and then repeated several days and weeks several times. So 33 weeks since I originally started and 19 weeks since I started over and stayed with it. I wonder if that's a record. LOL I didn't care how long it took me though. What mattered was that I finished. So good for you, @newhealthykim!

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My run sucked today. I made it about half eay through w1d2 it was just SO hot! I think I will re try tomorrow.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done-zo!! I'm a graduate :) I'm running at about a 4.3mph pace - my plan is to add 2 minutes to my time every third run til I hit the 5k distance then run that for awhile and see if my speed increases naturally by just putting my miles in like everyone claims :)
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    XX_miss--the first time I did C25K I felt worse in day 2 than day 1. I figured it was my body's way of testing my resolve. It did get better afterwards. So hang in there you are not alone. :smile:

Congrats Ishli. :smiley:
  • TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    C25k 10kTrainer: W1D2 Done last night. These longer runs are tough for sure, but very much worthwhile. 4.5 miles in the books.

Keep up all the good work people. I am going to keep posting my updates. Hoping that the people struggling in the early weeks realize that it is very possible to complete this program!

I struggled with the first week of C25k. But if you push past the barriers that are holding you back you will do fine. Trust the program it does work. Remember that most of the roadblocks you face along the way are just mental. I still have to keep telling myself that I CAN in order to keep going. So trust me if I can, so can you.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Today I completed week 8 day 3 and officially graduated from c25k with a time under 42 minutes. I'm still very slow, but I'll glad I did it and didn't give up and with time I'll get faster. So I'm running my first 5k Color Run Halloween Edition on Saturday night and will report back Sunday morning.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Those of you just graduating, there's also a Bridge to 10K Group
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Those of you just graduating, there's also a Bridge to 10K Group
    Thanks Ceci I'm going to head over there. :)

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Y'all, I'm supposed to run the 20 minutes today. I'm so nervous and don't feel like I can do it. I'm thinking of repeating the 8 minutes W5D2 one. I completed it but it was HARD and I have a lot of trouble packing myself - even on a track. Should I just try?
  • TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Y'all, I'm supposed to run the 20 minutes today. I'm so nervous and don't feel like I can do it. I'm thinking of repeating the 8 minutes W5D2 one. I completed it but it was HARD and I have a lot of trouble packing myself - even on a track. Should I just try?

I would say just give it a try, if you finished the last one (even if difficult) you should be able to get through it. A slow and steady pace, and when things get tough focus on breathing, and form.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Just do it! Slow down and just keep pushing through. It will be HARD, but you CAN do it! Trust the program. You are ready for this!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Did week 1 day 3 today. It wasnt horrible but I am going to do one more day of week one next week.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

Just do it! Slow down and just keep pushing through. It will be HARD, but you CAN do it! Trust the program. You are ready for this!

I DID IT! I can't believe it. This was the longest I've ever run, ever in my life. It was HARD especially around 10 minutes. But after that it wasn't so bad. :)

I'm running into a problem where my right leg seems to be getting worn out sooner than my left leg. My knee begins to hurt and my calf gets tighter on that leg. Any thoughts on the disparity? I'm right handed btw.

Thanks for all the support everyone.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate! Yay! I'm starting Runkeeper's 10K training on Nov. 4th. The 10K for this app seeemed way too aggressive.

@weighliftingdiva- I can't figure out which leg is bothering you since you seem to have two right legs :smile:. However, I suspect that the leg that is bothering you is weak. I'm right handed, which means right footed. My left leg is slightly weaker and is prone to a slight overpronate (meaning I roll my foot inward). I think stretching that leg and side more (glutes and hips as well) might go a really long way.