Episode Discussions **Spoiler Alert**

Options

Replies

• redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wonder when they're going to bring Morgan back into the episodes - we know he's nearby! What's he been doing all this time?
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I actually woke up early this morning just to catch up on the episode. YAY for Beth being back!! It doesn't seem to me that she remembers her group though... she hasn't mentioned them. My DVR cut off before I could see next weeks preview... anyone care to explain it to me?? THANKS!
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    PS. It also cut out the very end of the episode... what's all this Carol talk?
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I actually thought that maybe she didn't mention the group because she doesn't trust the people she's around at the hospital...BUT she did say that she didn't remember them finding her, saving her, etc...BUT (again!) she did ask about Daryl and they told her she was alone when they found her.

At the very end, it looked like Beth was going to stab the Doctor. She was walking down the hall towards him when they wheeled in a gurney that had an unconscious Carol on it. The ep ended there.

The preview for next week was just Abraham beating the pulp out of some rando. So I guess next week's ep with follow that group??
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    In reference to Beth not talking about the group, when she was last with Daryl the group was all separated so she doesn't even know if they are alive. But it would also make sense that in her way she is protecting them because she doesn't trust the hospital people.
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm so annoyed that all the previews for next week are about Abraham, as I find his video-game-commando persona very annoying!

But...my husband brought up a good point--he says that Abraham comes off as a "good guy," protecting his group, taking the leading role to get what needs doing done, following an apparent moral compass, and being a good fighter. In other words, he is the Rick of his own group.

So, I wonder...does Abraham only annoy me because my little TV-addled brain can't help but think "there can only be one alpha hero," and therefore something must be "off" about Abraham, even if we haven't seen it yet? I know people have reservations about Eugene (I particularly like whoever it was upthread that said he was borderline autistic with a gift for ensuring his own survival by pretending to know the cure), but I'm curious to read other people's thoughts on Abraham.

Also, are there any more theories on what he was getting at when he made the "that's why we're waiting" comment when Michonne offed the one zombie sans sword?
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    julebg79 wrote: »
    Also, are there any more theories on what he was getting at when he made the "that's why we're waiting" comment when Michonne offed the one zombie sans sword?

This is why I think that Abraham isn't really a good guy. Maybe its just me, but even when they are talking about Washington DC they never actually talked about the cure. They just said that DC has this Utopian place to hang out during all of this. That story just seemed off to me. I think Eugene is full of it... he found Abraham somewhere at the beginning and convinced Abraham that he knew the cure and all he needed was to safely get to DC.

Along those lines, remember two episodes ago, Eugene implied he wanted to stay at the church with Rick and the gang until Carol and Daryl came back. Doesn't seem like he is really in that much of a hurry to get to DC.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Reading all of these theories from the ones who haven't read the comics is quite entertaining :) Makes me REALLY hope that they stay with the comic story as far as Eugene goes... ;)
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    Reading all of these theories from the ones who haven't read the comics is quite entertaining :) Makes me REALLY hope that they stay with the comic story as far as Eugene goes... ;)

This really makes me want to read the comics. I sadly didn't know there were comics at first, until I really got into the show this summer and started talking to people about the show. I tend to read everything first and then watch the show, and then get mad when it doesn't really follow the storyline. :o
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Jennwa wrote: »

This really makes me want to read the comics. I sadly didn't know there were comics at first, until I really got into the show this summer and started talking to people about the show. I tend to read everything first and then watch the show, and then get mad when it doesn't really follow the storyline. :o
    I've made a pact with myself not to read the comics until the Walking Dead tv series is over. May that day never come...

• KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

This really makes me want to read the comics too. I know they have strayed far in some aspects and then stuck to it in others from talking to people who have read it so I am very interested. I might read it after the series is done so i can compare myself! :smile:
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options

A fellow comic reader....yes!! I hope they do stay story with eugene
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    DucMouse wrote: »

A fellow comic reader....yes!! I hope they do stay story with eugene

Although I am behind on the comics. I have to buy the rest. I do know the Eugene Storyline. I believe when I stopped reading them, there were no more out yet after the above was near completion. So tonight, as I have no more books at home TO read - I may go get the next few to catch up... Like I DON'T know who this third group may be based on. The Cannibals/ crazy eye patch guy were the last groups I knew of..

• KristyMayhem331
    Options
    So conic readers... is that the Eugene plot line you remember?

Also, next week looks good!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yep. Stoked for next week. Not sure what to make of this week. I'm not surprised that Eugene was full of if.
  • KristyMayhem331
    Options
    Anyone watch the talking dead sneak preview? Wth....
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I saw it! So many things running through my head after seeing that. Now we must wait a whole week until next Sunday's episode! :'(
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Aw, I missed it! What happened?
  • naanaamoreno
    Options
    They showed a sad looking Darryl walking out of the hospital with a body wrapped in sheets. He was putting it on the fire. Carol followed soon after so we know it wasn't her. Better not be Beth!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Last nights episode was very boring. I got more excited over the few seconds of previews for next week then I did the whole episode! Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita just aren't interesting enough to carry a storyline on their own. That's my opinion anyway! I could handle them if they incorporate them into the bigger group, but not if they stay on their own! I am glad that Eugene finally came clean though!!

So comic readers....I'm interested as well. Did they stick to the original comics regarding Eugene?