What's your latest NSV?

Options
MistyHiker
MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
I thought I would start this thread here for everyone in the VSG group so we can encourage each other. Love my fellow Sleevers!

My latest!

I can now walk straight between cars without cleaning them off - LOL!

I did 30 minutes on my Elliptical and didn't feel like I was going to die, just felt like I was going to fall over from exhaustion. :p

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My size 16 jeans (that I NEVER thought Iwould get into) are falling off now!!! I have not been a size 14 since the SIXTH GRADE. No word of a lie! ;)
  • gastrognome89
    gastrognome89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For me it's little things like being able to curl up on the sofa, or sit cross legged. I could never do those comfortably before surgery. I also find the spring heat (I'm in Aus) so much easier. I pulled out a box of old clothes to try on, and some of them are already too big to wear. Losing kilos on the scale is very rewarding, but in reality it's all the non-scale changes that make a difference.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    For me it's little things like being able to curl up on the sofa, or sit cross legged. I could never do those comfortably before surgery. I also find the spring heat (I'm in Aus) so much easier. I pulled out a box of old clothes to try on, and some of them are already too big to wear. Losing kilos on the scale is very rewarding, but in reality it's all the non-scale changes that make a difference.

^^^^THIS!!!^^^ LOVE love love love love that I can cross my legs confortably! YESSSSS!!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I can workout and keep up with the rest of the group! I often do 2 classes back to back! 2 hours of working out! My mother did not recognize me in a Facebook post! I can no longer wear my skinny jeans! They are too big! I have more energy than I ever thought I would!
    I still have a way to go but I will get there!
  • MistyHiker
    Options

SO TRUE!!!! I live in Texas so the heat thing I totally understand!
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    This one!

Bought my 90lb down gift for myself. I bought an XL instead of a 4XL hoodie! And it fit!
  • sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I went down the slide with my daughter! I never would have been able to do that 6 months ago.
  • clcesari
    Options
    I left a dressing room the other a day, with a smile. Not tears. I cant remember the last time I was in a dressing room and didnt cry.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Went clothes shopping last weekend and walked out with pants 8 inches smaller in the waist than the ones I wore into the store! 50 waist to a 42!

Rob

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly Rob....Awesome!! :smiley:
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Being able to walk up the two stairs onto my porch without having leverage before starting. It's nice to not have to heave myself upwards lol
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    Was getting ready to walk out the door and in a hurry. Turn around stepped over to Hubby to give a quick sideways hug. He was sitting on the sofa. He grabs the back on the size 16 pants I've only been wearing for a little over 2 weeks and he says "these are already lose on you?!".

Loved it!
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    Went clothes shopping last weekend and walked out with pants 8 inches smaller in the waist than the ones I wore into the store! 50 waist to a 42!

Rob

8 inches smaller - That's great!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My latest was seeing my grandson's "other family" on Sunday, some I haven't seen in over a year and so many of them didn't know who I was until I opened my mouth. The voice is what did it. :) I've only lost about 15 more pounds than the last time I saw most of them, but with the longer, lighter hair, well let's just say the compliments were a great ego booster.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    MistyHiker wrote: »
    Was getting ready to walk out the door and in a hurry. Turn around stepped over to Hubby to give a quick sideways hug. He was sitting on the sofa. He grabs the back on the size 16 pants I've only been wearing for a little over 2 weeks and he says "these are already lose on you?!".

Loved it!

Yay! Although, in my house, "these are already loose on you" really means, "so now you're going to have to replace those pants?". Let's just say that my incredibly supportive hubby is happy about the changes in our lives, but wishes that keeping me clothed was less costly.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 176 today, which is the lightest I have been since grammar school. Today, I wore skinny jeans in a size 12 and there was no visible flubber above my belt. Today, a twenty-something man in my office cafeteria did a double take (directed at my butt) and spilled hot soup on his hand. (He did not appear to suffer lasting injury). All in all, an excellent day.

• Thaeda
    Options
    I weighed in at 176 today, which is the lightest I have been since grammar school. Today, I wore skinny jeans in a size 12 and there was no visible flubber above my belt. Today, a twenty-something man in my office cafeteria did a double take (directed at my butt) and spilled hot soup on his hand. (He did not appear to suffer lasting injury). All in all, an excellent day.

AWESOME!!! :) (had to laugh about the soup... so sorry for him.... but that is CLASSIC!)
  • dej923
    dej923 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I purchased size 12 SUPER skinny jeans!
    Today I resisted buying a treat from the ice cream social that was setup directly in front of my desk.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I guess this is an NSV - I have to go to a wedding this weekend, so last week I went dress shopping. In the past, this would have been anxiety and tear inducing. I dreaded trying to find something nice that would look halfway decent. I went to Nordstrom Rack, and I actually found 3 clearance dresses, they all fit, they all looked really good, and since I couldn't make up my mind I bought all 3 :-) I will just have to find places to wear them! So nice to actually have choices now, and so nice that shopping doesn't send me spiraling into depression any more!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Garber, just think of it this way...you saved money by getting them now and with the holidays coming up, Im sure youll have plenty of opportunities to wear them! :wink: