HO HO HO HOLIDAY Challenge weight tracker (10/31/14 through 1/2/15)

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
Looking for more accountability through the holidays. Here is a place we can all support each other and help each other through what I find to be one of the hardest times of year to stay on track. Feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet (If you have any problems let me know, I am fairly new to creating shared spreadsheets).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PALAUiTM4YxIApBHVB6demqVddthaJC6fGoSHZw30Ak/edit?usp=sharing

Stay tuned to the disscussion board, I will be posting different questions and challenges throughout the holidays to help us stay on track!

Replies

• 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im in, spreadsheet worked a treat :-)
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm in! Hoping it works to edit on my iPad. The last one didn't, and I found it a challenge to get to a real computer to update every week, even though I was recording on MFP the whole time.
    Holidays, and winter in general, have been challenging in the past for me too so I welcome the extra motivation to stay on track!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    If the spreadsheet doesn't work on the IPAD you could always post your numbers here and I an add them to the spreadsheet for tracking.
  • dquickly
    dquickly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So do we weigh in tomorrow for the 10/31 box? Or is it anytime in the next week?
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I set it up as every Friday because that is when I weigh in but please weigh on whatever day you wish and update the sheet whenever you decide to weigh. So for 10/31, weigh in any day between 10/31 an 11/6 and record it and then weigh weekly on the same day so you are representing a weeks weight loss.

I am feeling good about this challenge. I have been really focused on attitude this week and I am getting some motivation back.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Down a little today. It is only 0.4 but I will take it. Happy Halloween!
  • dquickly
    Options
    I'm down 0.8. I'd say it's all water weight ... but I've been challenging myself to drink a gallon of water a day, so it can't be that.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    dquizzo wrote: »
    I'm down 0.8. I'd say it's all water weight ... but I've been challenging myself to drink a gallon of water a day, so it can't be that.

Water weight or not, it is a step in the right direction. Great Job!
  • samanthapridgen31
    Options
    Joining a little late, but looking forward to having a group to be accountable to!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Joining a little late, but looking forward to having a group to be accountable to!

Welcome!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Week 2 starts tomorrow for weigh ins. How is everyone feeling this week? Did you stay on track? Do you expect a good number.

I have been doing good with exercise, okay with food, and horrible with water. I will be interested to see what the scale says in the morning.
  • 15in8
    Options
    Started a weight loss challenge with my partner. Works like this - At the start of the week we set our target, we try to go off % to make it an even playing field.

If we both hit our target, we get a reward - Dinner out or something similar.

If we both miss, we have a preset task to complete - Clean bathroon/oven etc...

The fun part....If one of us gets the target and the other one does not....The one that missed the target has to do one preset task (Bathroom clean/oven etc..) AND be the other persons butler for the whole week! Has to get drinks, make sandwiches, do their laundry, 5 min massages on request. This continues until the next weighin.

This is the first week of the challenge, it is a sure fire way to get motivated!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    15in8 wrote: »
    Started a weight loss challenge with my partner. Works like this - At the start of the week we set our target, we try to go off % to make it an even playing field.

If we both hit our target, we get a reward - Dinner out or something similar.

If we both miss, we have a preset task to complete - Clean bathroon/oven etc...

The fun part....If one of us gets the target and the other one does not....The one that missed the target has to do one preset task (Bathroom clean/oven etc..) AND be the other persons butler for the whole week! Has to get drinks, make sandwiches, do their laundry, 5 min massages on request. This continues until the next weighin.

This is the first week of the challenge, it is a sure fire way to get motivated!

That sounds like an amazing way to stay motivated!
  • tobiasmom
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    If the spreadsheet doesn't work on the IPAD you could always post your numbers here and I an add them to the spreadsheet for tracking.

Sure, thanks! Last Friday was 157.9, and today is 156.9 :)
  • dquickly
    Options
    I've not been doing so well with exercise. But trying to stay on target with food. Some days are better than others. I think just the knowledge that I'm going to log whatever I eat is a motivator to not crap.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Down 1.4 this week!!!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    tobiasmom wrote: »

Sure, thanks! Last Friday was 157.9, and today is 156.9 :)

Great job! 1.9 lbs lost from your starting weight. 7 more pounds to your challenge goal.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    For the first time in what feels like forever, I logged a loss 2 weeks in a row. I have my profile set to lose 0.5 per week and I have lost 0.4 each week for the last two. Apparantly, something I recently changed is helping, I am just not sure what I change ;-).
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    For the first time in what feels like forever, I logged a loss 2 weeks in a row. I have my profile set to lose 0.5 per week and I have lost 0.4 each week for the last two. Apparantly, something I recently changed is helping, I am just not sure what I change ;-).

Fantastic. Keep it going!!!!!

• 15in8
    Options
    Well the challenge helped! Prob lost a little too much! Down 2.5lbs this weigh in. Aiming for 1.3 lbs this week (May seem an odd number but I work in kg, my actual goal is to be 95.5kg by the end of the week, which means shredding 1.3lbs).

Was actually quite nerve racking for the weighin with the partner challenge. We both hit our targets - smashed them actually! - Will see how it goes over the next few weeks. Hopefully just as well!