What's your latest NSV?

Options

Replies

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    I weighed in at 176 today, which is the lightest I have been since grammar school. Today, I wore skinny jeans in a size 12 and there was no visible flubber above my belt. Today, a twenty-something man in my office cafeteria did a double take (directed at my butt) and spilled hot soup on his hand. (He did not appear to suffer lasting injury). All in all, an excellent day.

AWESOME!!! :) (had to laugh about the soup... so sorry for him.... but that is CLASSIC!)

^^^THIS TOO KateMate^^^^^ LOL!!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I guess this is an NSV - I have to go to a wedding this weekend, so last week I went dress shopping. In the past, this would have been anxiety and tear inducing. I dreaded trying to find something nice that would look halfway decent. I went to Nordstrom Rack, and I actually found 3 clearance dresses, they all fit, they all looked really good, and since I couldn't make up my mind I bought all 3 :-) I will just have to find places to wear them! So nice to actually have choices now, and so nice that shopping doesn't send me spiraling into depression any more!

Oh yeah that is an NSV for sure!! Congrats!!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I guess this is an NSV - I have to go to a wedding this weekend, so last week I went dress shopping. In the past, this would have been anxiety and tear inducing. I dreaded trying to find something nice that would look halfway decent. I went to Nordstrom Rack, and I actually found 3 clearance dresses, they all fit, they all looked really good, and since I couldn't make up my mind I bought all 3 :-) I will just have to find places to wear them! So nice to actually have choices now, and so nice that shopping doesn't send me spiraling into depression any more!

Awesome!!

I think that being able to shop at Nordstrom Rack is its own NSV, IMHO! All their cute stuff seems smaller in size than if you go to comparable stores like TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Different brands, I am thinking...
  • katematt313
    Options
    MistyHiker wrote: »
    Thaeda wrote: »
    I weighed in at 176 today, which is the lightest I have been since grammar school. Today, I wore skinny jeans in a size 12 and there was no visible flubber above my belt. Today, a twenty-something man in my office cafeteria did a double take (directed at my butt) and spilled hot soup on his hand. (He did not appear to suffer lasting injury). All in all, an excellent day.

AWESOME!!! :) (had to laugh about the soup... so sorry for him.... but that is CLASSIC!)

^^^THIS TOO KateMate^^^^^ LOL!!

Lol.

May we all have butts that stop others in their tracks, in a good way, instead of butts that knock knick knacks (say that three times fast) off of end tables.

I am much happier now that I fit into the first category, and have left the latter category behind!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Wore a Morph Suit for halloween. Other than "Stay Puff Marshmellow man" from Goastbusters I never imagined doing this.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

^^^^ Love it Kate. :) A nice compliment in an indirect way. lol
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is I lost 1 inch on my waist and 1.5 inches on hips. :)
  • katematt313
    Options
    asia1967 wrote: »
    My most recent NSV is I lost 1 inch on my waist and 1.5 inches on hips. :)

Yay!
  • katematt313
    Options
    dej923 wrote: »
    Yesterday I purchased size 12 SUPER skinny jeans!
    Today I resisted buying a treat from the ice cream social that was setup directly in front of my desk.

atta girl!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Today I resisted buying a treat from the ice cream social that was setup directly in front of my desk.

Congrats on the jeans and EXCELLENT WORK on resisting the treat!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have been accustomed to spending a whole trip on a bus or plane crammed against the bulkhead so my fat would not invade the other persons chair space. Now I find that the seats on planes and buses have plenty of room and I am never in danger of spilling over my own seat.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I have been accustomed to spending a whole trip on a bus or plane crammed against the bulkhead so my fat would not invade the other persons chair space. Now I find that the seats on planes and buses have plenty of room and I am never in danger of spilling over my own seat.

I remember the first time I flew after surgery. I was so relieved that I didn't need the seat belt extender, and that I could comfortably fit into a seat. When I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago, I had to fly 22 hours each way and it wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as flying for just a few hours when I was over 200 lbs heavier. Being able to travel has been one of the best NSVs of my whole journey.

• jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband made dark chocolate brownies and saved the center piece for me. It has been sitting in the foil ever since. I have no desire to eat it!!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Good job!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I went to a former coworker's wedding reception tonight. A couple of tables over, I spotted another former coworker that I haven't seen in about two years, and I waved. He didn't seem to notice so I waved again. He looked at me, and I said to my friend, who also knows him, "he doesn't know who I am". He saw my friend that I was sitting next to, then looked back over at me, and he realized who I was and his jaw dropped! He came running over and said he had no idea it was me until he saw my friend. That was the first time someone flat out didn't recognize me and it was actually kinda cool!
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fit in an old size 14 pair of jeans in my closet. Couldn't tell me nothing the rest of the day..............lmao. Felt sooo good!
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I flew on an 8 hour flight across the Atlantic relatively comfortably. Climbed steep stairs to the top of Blarney Castle and kissed the Blarney Stone. Actually did quite a bit of intense walking and climbing around places in Ireland.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Saw my PCP for a check up Saturday. The printed report he gave me showed my BMI pre surgery at 61+. My BMI today is 37.5 and the report said I am "overweight"! This is the first time I've seen myself described as anything other than either morbidly obeses or obese! As funny as it sounds, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to be overweight!
  • thinnerrugger
    thinnerrugger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I climb the ladder to get out of the swimming pool, my hips don't touch the sides!
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Pawoodhull- Congratulations. That's good news. You've done well.