Fat Fast---Frustrated

Options
My goal jeans are getting awfully lonely sitting in my closet. However, it's going to be a long way off before we meet to make wonderful memories together again.

Although I'm happy about the scale going down it's nothing compared to what I was expecting. Reading up on posts and whatnot---I hear about fasting results anywhere from 4-8 lbs loss. I lost 1.3 on a fat fast, 3 days at 1000 calories/90%fat(5/5 for other macros). 1 pound! :\

I feel like I've tried almost everything. 6 weeks in with only a 4lbs loss, including the fast, is really bothering me today. Based on mood, improved sleeping patterns, increased energy, and a few ketosticks--I've been in ketosis the whole time. The measuring tape reflects 1 inch loss so nothing much is happening there either.

Any suggestions? Is anyone dealing with this issue too? Compared to the notes from my buddies they're dropping weight like crazy. I'm happy for them, but seriously, WTF is the matter with me?!?

I'm thinking of cutting my calories from 1400 to 1300 (80/15/5). Other than that I don't know what else to do.

Replies

• peabean26
    peabean26 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I've been doing keto for 6 weeks or so, and I've lost ~3lbs. Not what I was hoping for at all! I actually like doing keto, it's not that hard but damn I was hoping for better results. I know I'm in ketosis because I use the ketosticks everyday, although I'm not in deep ketosis. I bike 30 minutes a day (work commute) and have started lifting 2 days a week. Still...nothing!!!

I don't know what else to do. I have PCOS, so losing weight is really hard for me, but this is seriously ridiculous. I don't think with the amount of exercise I do that I can really drop much lower calorie wise (~1600/day). I've done egg fasts, where I lose a pound or two, then gain it back when i eat normal food again.

I guess all I can say is at least I'm not gaining weight, which is what I usually do at this time of year.
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    peabean26 wrote: »
    I'm right there with you! I've been doing keto for 6 weeks or so, and I've lost ~3lbs. Not what I was hoping for at all! I actually like doing keto, it's not that hard but damn I was hoping for better results. I know I'm in ketosis because I use the ketosticks everyday, although I'm not in deep ketosis. I bike 30 minutes a day (work commute) and have started lifting 2 days a week. Still...nothing!!!

I don't know what else to do. I have PCOS, so losing weight is really hard for me, but this is seriously ridiculous. I don't think with the amount of exercise I do that I can really drop much lower calorie wise (~1600/day). I've done egg fasts, where I lose a pound or two, then gain it back when i eat normal food again.

I guess all I can say is at least I'm not gaining weight, which is what I usually do at this time of year.

BC & PB;

I'm on day 3 of the "egg fast" (mostly as an experiment) - so far, so good, but not "spectacular".

Others have reported good results, especially as a plateau "buster", so it's worth a try.

I don't really consider it a "fast" in the true sense of that word (too many cals) but would like to demonstrate that, at least in my case, it is (or is not) useful for those hitting plateaus.

I've used the 5:2 fast in the past and had good results. I believe it's a combination of just cutting total cal intake (5 days at "normal" intake, 2 days at 4-600) AND the benefits of actual extended "fasting" (many of which are, BTW, keto related). So that's another possibility you might consider.

The more I learn about NK/Fat Adaption though, I suggest you each take a harder look at your actual levels of BOHB, Total Carbs (not net), AND Proteins - adjust as you need to and determine your actual "tolerance" levels for each.

In many cases, small changes CAN make a BIG difference in fat adaption and thereby, weight loss.

AFTER one is fully fat adapted, resistance exercises (weights) can make a difference (positively) - cardio, not so much (although it IS beneficial in other areas).

Regardless of weight loss (although I know how important that is to most of us) - celebrate the health benefits and improvements you've made by going LCHF.

They'll be there LONG after the weight loss remains an issue - they'll be there for LIFE.
  • peabean26
    peabean26 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks Deansdad for the helpful ideas. I've contemplated 5:2 in the past, but I'm nervous because I suffer from migraines. Sometimes when I go a long time without eating I get a migraine, which makes me concerned that fasting could trigger them. That said, I will see if I can make it work for 1 day a week and see how I do.

Can you explain what BOHB is? By looking at proteins, do you mean lowering protein intake and exchanging it for fat?
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    @ deansdad

I don't know what BOHB stands for either. lol

I've been contemplating the egg fast for next time. I've tweaked my macros to a sustainable 5/15/80 my body feels comfortable doing. As for total carbs--yeah I might have to bite the bullet and try it for a spell. That makes me really sad thinking about it though. I mean the keto diet would be like any other diet I've tried; make me completely miserable.

At least I'm not the only slow burner. In the end if thats what its going to be than I'll accept it. I'd rather enjoy myself and lose weight slowly than be miserable for a few less pounds.

Does anyone know a good lyposuction doctor? :p

• deansdad101
    Options
    BansheeCat wrote: »
    @ deansdad

I don't know what BOHB stands for either. lol

I've been contemplating the egg fast for next time. I've tweaked my macros to a sustainable 5/15/80 my body feels comfortable doing. As for total carbs--yeah I might have to bite the bullet and try it for a spell. That makes me really sad thinking about it though. I mean the keto diet would be like any other diet I've tried; make me completely miserable.

At least I'm not the only slow burner. In the end if thats what its going to be than I'll accept it. I'd rather enjoy myself and lose weight slowly than be miserable for a few less pounds.

Does anyone know a good lyposuction doctor? :p

PB/BC;

There are three "flavors" of ketones that can be measured to determine IF your body is actually producing ketones and if they are being produced (or exist) at high enough levels in your bloodstream to actually reach the point where they are beneficial (for our purposes) and you can expect the "results" to be what you are anticipating. (weight loss by using the fat stored in cells in this case).

Ketone levels are a spectrum, not an "on" or "off" switch so it's entirely possible that they DO "exist" (and show on a urine or breath test) but NOT at sufficient levels to encourage the metabolic "switch over" from utilizing carbs (glycogen) as the primary energy source to using ketones, OR, you "might" be anywhere in between.

Almost everyone (in reasonably good health) produces ketones at some point every day whether they are trying to or not. It's basically the body's "fail safe" method of ensuring that the brain (at least) never lacks for energy. Since the body is only capable of storing less than a day's worth of glycogen, a "fast" (voluntary or otherwise) will run the tank dry and before that happens the "back up" system kicks in and begins ketone production "just in case". This process too (even though this is WAY over-simplified and general) isn't an "on/off" switch but occurs on a sliding scale.

It's that "scale" (the amount being produced) that we are concerned with, not whether or not we can measure "some" ketones (since we would be able to do that on pretty much everyone, everyday to some degree.

The three flavors are:
    Acetone - primarily measured in breath (Ketonix)
    Acetoacetate - primarily measured in uring (Ketostyx)
    Beta-Hydroxybutyrate - (BOHB) measured in the blood (Meter)

They exist in different proportions (BOHB) being the most abundant and best indicator of keto adaption (for our (dietary) purposes). It's the primary energy source AND the only one of three that we are capable of measuring with sufficient accuracy (digitally) with today's technology.

The interaction between blood glucose, and insulin levels is the "control mechanism" that turns it on or off which is why there is a very direct correlation between these levels (lower carbs, less glycogen) and insulin levels driving ketone production.

Some researchers have gone as far as speculating that glucose levels below 75 "virtually guarantee" one has reached (and can maintain) complete NK/Fat Adaptation (in "almost" all cases). There are, however, no clinical studies which were designed to address this specific question and until there are it remains a hypothesis.

The body is a marvelous thing (but not a simple one to understand, which I don't even come close to). Almost nothing happens on its own, it requires an intricate process involving multiple organs, cells, etc.

Ketone production and adaptation are no exception - for starters there's carbs, glucose, glycogen, the three ketone bodies, carb, protein, and insulin "resistance" and "sensitivity" - all of which impact each of the others and do so in your body in the same way - BUT at different rates - then anyone else.

All of which comes down to why there simply are NO "simple" answers to what appear to be "simple" questions. AND, why self-testing and monitoring can play such an important part in ensuring success.

All of the variables "matter" but there is growing evidence that, in the final analysis, insulin levels (and resistance) may be the "key" and prime controlling factor and not just for T1 and T2D's - for us all.

• BansheeCat
    BansheeCat Posts: 140
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @deansdad

I'll pick up a blood meter tomorrow. I'm insulin resistant (prediabetic) which is part of the reason I chose Keto in the first place. I'm trying to get into the doc next week to figure out the problem.

Thanks for the advice.
  • deansdad101
    Options
    @deansdad

I'll pick up a blood meter tomorrow. I'm insulin resistant (prediabetic) which is part of the reason I chose Keto in the first place. I'm trying to get into the doc next week to figure out the problem.

Thanks for the advice.
    BC;

Smart move (especially with you knowing you are PB).

All personal opinion but based on my experience so TIFWIW:
    1. Go for the Abbott Precision Xtra
    2. If you are willing to wait they have a "free meter" going on now. Only took about a week to get mine and their customer support is very good.
    3. If you don't want to wait - your local WalMart should have the ReliON - ULTIMA (it MUST be this model if you want to do ketone tests as well which I highly suggest you do)
    4. The ReliON Ultima should be <$20
    5. Both sources will include a few glucose test strips, a lancing device and lancets (which is all you need to take your first few tests
    6. You'll want to take at least 3 tests a day (to bring with you to your Doc appt)
    7. First is "fasting glucose" - AM before breakfast
    8. Next should be "post prandial" (after a meal) - ideally, the more PP tests you can take (for a baseline for the doc) the better. 1 hour after, 2, 3, 4. But if that's too much 1 and 3 would be better than nothing. (Or call the doc and ask what s/he thinks would be best)
    9. You WILL need additional glucose strips and lancets - the ReliOn strips are exactly the same as the Precision and they will work fine (so buy enough of them at WM to get you started). These too MUST be the ULTIMA strips. (There are 4 or 5 different ReliON meter models, the strips for the other models will NOT work - check the box carefully)
    10. Once you get a feel for how many a day you'll need, order strips online much cheaper.
    11. When you are set up and ready to go, let me know if I can help with any of the "details", "tricks" or if there is anything you are unclear about.
    12. For now, I'd focus on the glucose and not worry too much about measuring ketones but when you are ready check ebay for the strips - they can be had for $2-3 (instead of $5-6 in the stores).

• deansdad101
    edited November 2014
    Options
    peabean26 wrote: »
    Thanks Deansdad for the helpful ideas. I've contemplated 5:2 in the past, but I'm nervous because I suffer from migraines. Sometimes when I go a long time without eating I get a migraine, which makes me concerned that fasting could trigger them. That said, I will see if I can make it work for 1 day a week and see how I do.

Can you explain what BOHB is? By looking at proteins, do you mean lowering protein intake and exchanging it for fat?
    PB;

Sorry, I missed responding to your questions directly, so here goes;
    BOHB/B-hyroxibutirate is the ketone body existing in the blood that triggers the primary energy transport mechanism involved in NK/FA.
    It's the only (and most important) measurement we can accurately (digitally) track to actually "know" what the level is (ideally 1.0 - 3.0) and whether or not we are actually "in" NK and Fat Adapted - ALL the others (styx & breath) are, at best, "guesses".

When BOHB levels rise to the levels of "true" fat adaptation, Acetoacetate levels (those measured in urine by styx) typically fall which means that those hoping against hope for the vaunted "purple" are not only kidding themselves ("I'm IN!") but likely at LOWER k levels (since the reduction SHOULD display as a much lighter shade, if any at all).
    It's for this reason (among others) that I and others consider them essentially worthless (with some exceptions), especially after the very beginning stages of adaptation.

To the 5:2 (or other "true" fasting modes) and your migraines.
    As I'm sure you know, there are any number of "triggers" that set off the migraines and they vary widely from person to person.
    Fasting is indeed one (possibility, but not a certainty) - as are various foods (including cheese which is a "normal" component of a LCHF diet for most).
    So too, are carbs.

Much like the macro %'s (and composition of each macro) vary significantly from individual to individual, so too do your specific triggers.

Problem is, when switching to LCHF you made a number of fairly "radical" changes in your diet - all at once, and as you make changes in the macros those changes continue albeit at a slower rate. That's not a bad thing but it does make "tracking down" the culprit much more difficult since every (even minor) change has an impact on many others.

I wouldn't even attempt to try and divine "which" or what effect (broke my crystal ball), but would suggest that the only person that can figure it out is you and that the only way (unless you get really lucky) to do it is eliminate one thing at a time and see what effect that has. Likewise, it's entirely possible that the changes you've already made "might" "fix" a problem that existed before (migraines triggered by not eating e.g.). Eliminating carbs (for example) "might" have eliminated the problem (trigger) - or, it "might not" have.
    Only one way to know for sure - sorry, wish I had a better solution.

On the protein question - yes, I meant "lowering protein intake and exchanging it for fat?"

Much like the migraine issue, carbs, proteins, and insulin all have "sensitivity" and "resistance" levels which have a direct impact on one's ability to produce sufficient BOHB levels to attain (and maintain) NK/FA.

The "bad" news is that each must be measured and adjusted individually.

The "good" news is that it's fairly easy to do with simple "in home" tests.
    The other good news is that when folks are not receiving the benefits they expect (weight loss in this case), it often takes only minor changes in a specific macro to "fix" what isn't working.

One can do that "hit or miss" (change one macro %, give it a couple weeks and observe the effect) or in a more controlled fashion. (Blood test BOHB level, change one macro, observe the result in k-count).

Specifically on protein, I believe that MOST people set target levels too high (not their "faults" it's what the calculators tell them to do by default). 0.5-0.6g/#LBM is a good place to start (IMO) and will more than adequately meet the RDA (for most). From there, one can adjust if necessary (by checking BOHB numbers).

Finally, given that you are PCOS, insulin resistance and glucose levels are not just "nice to know" numbers (as they might be for someone without PCOS) - they are "critical" to know, for you.

My advice would be similar to that of BC's situation.
    For now, focus on measuring and logging your BG levels DAILY (yes, that means "sticking" but trust me (a true "scaredi-cat" when it comes to needles) - it's really not that bad and it could very well keep you from ever having to face the big "I" needle.

If nothing else, your log will provide a wealth of info that either you, can "interpret" and see what to do, or if not you, your doc for sure should be able to.

Down the road when you're an "old hand" at using the meter, get the strips to measure BOHB and use the results to determine your actual carb and protein "resistance" levels and you'll know for sure how to "fix" the currently, less than satisfactory weight loss rate issue.

If you are interested in considering the "egg fast" thing, have a look here. (I just finished a 3 day "experiment" with it and the results are in this thread.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10021626/breaking-news-egg-fast-diet-test-results

• myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    4 pounds in 6 weeks is pretty good. Keep it up.

I think "fasts" are not sustainable. That implies you can return to a previous "norm", which is how most people put the extra weight on in the first place. If you want to make a sustainable change in weight then the norm has to change.

Do you really intend to "fat fast" for ketosis? Seems counterproductive. Dietary fat is great for ketosis.
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    4 pounds in 6 weeks is pretty good. Keep it up.

I think "fasts" are not sustainable. That implies you can return to a previous "norm", which is how most people put the extra weight on in the first place. If you want to make a sustainable change in weight then the norm has to change.

Do you really intend to "fat fast" for ketosis? Seems counterproductive. Dietary fat is great for ketosis.

Excluding the fast, I've lost 3lbs in 6 weeks. That's not substantial for everything I'm doing especially ketogenic-wise.

Like the Egg Fast, Fat Fasting isn't technically fasting. It consists of 90% dietary fat for 3-5 days at 1000-1200 calories. I agree--attempting to sustain the "fast" for longer would lead to protein deficiency among an array of conditions (although I've heard people doing it for up to a week no problem).

According to my mental and physical signs I've been in ketosis the whole time. I tried bearable options without success which lead me to try fat fasting. The results I was reading were promising (at least 4-8lbs). Not me.

The crazy thing is, in the past I've weighed less and lost weight with just calorie restriction effortlessly--over a lb a week. I'm not so lucky this time around.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have pcos as well. For about three weeks I wasn't really losing any weight. I adjusted the amount of carbs I eat now to 10 or under for most days. Now I am losing 1-2 pounds per week. So at 20 net carbs I was losing super slowly and 10 total carbs I'm back on a good losing streak. Sometimes just tweaking some of the macros can make a difference.
  • deansdad101
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have pcos as well. For about three weeks I wasn't really losing any weight. I adjusted the amount of carbs I eat now to 10 or under for most days. Now I am losing 1-2 pounds per week. So at 20 net carbs I was losing super slowly and 10 total carbs I'm back on a good losing streak. Sometimes just tweaking some of the macros can make a difference.
    Lulu;

EXACTLY - on both counts!

Those of you with PCOS have an extra mountain to climb (IR) but in "every" case the "net carbs" issue is one that really shouldn't even exist, just leads to confusion, a false sense of security, and ultimately, a negative impression of what LCHF is capable of.

The (pseudo) "science" it is based on has pretty much been debunked and it has been exposed as the marketing "gimmick" it really is - stick with Total.

And yes, "tweaking" the macros (sometimes only a small amount) CAN make all the difference in the world.

Some get "lucky" and the generalizations work for them - others have to do the work to actually find the specific carb and protein numbers at which BOHB levels can be maintained at optimum levels.

Carb and Protein "tolerance" numbers are a real (and very important) thing.

They vary greatly from person to person and either (or both) CAN prevent an individual from becoming fat adapted if they are exceeded - regardless of what the "styx" show (or how bad one's breath is).

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You can look up Optimal Ketogenic Lifestyle - some people claim higher protein and a little lower fat is the way to break stalls or lose weight if you're struggling. To me, it seems counter-intuitive, but they claim it works best for them.

Also, I know it was just a three day fast, but 1000 calories seems really low; too low in calories can prevent weight loss. Have you figured out your TDEE? I'd eat 20% less calories than that number, which is probably like 1400-1800 calories depending on height and weight.

Just my thoughts. :smile:
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    @lula
    10 net or total? Congrats on the finding your functional macros. I very well might have to do the same thing with the carbs. I've slowly lowered my carb intake over the course of the keto lifestyle. I'm now at 16(net) a day given I've cut 100 calories.

@deandad
    Even with the type of macros I have, my calorie restriction alone should be producing better results with weightloss. It's expensive but Im going to get the TDEE breath test to accurately find out how much energy my body is burning. It's worth 150bucks. If it's substantially lower than the norm that's an indicator of an under-treated condition. BTW...I'm still on the blood meter hunt. So far no luck.

@aeb09
    I've started off with higher protein and slowly brought it down, along with carbs, as I increased the fat intake. Nothing so far is screaming success. My TDEE based on MFP (and other calculators) is almost 1900 but, as I explained to DeansDad, that's probably not accurate in my case. Calorie restriction was at 1400 until today @ 1300.

As for fasting, by it's nature, it's supposed to be very low in calories (aside from the eggfast perhaps) -most are less than 1000 and anywhere from 0-800. Fasting is somewhat controversial in modern times, but like the ketogenic diet, it has benefits depending on what you're looking for. This is the first time I've ever fasted because I believe similar as you do and I hated it lol. Hopefully through the suffering I've jumpstarted my metabolic expenditure--only time will tell.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    @lula
    10 net or total? Congrats on the finding your functional macros. I very well might have to do the same thing with the carbs. I've slowly lowered my carb intake over the course of the keto lifestyle. I'm now at 16(net) a day given I've cut 100 calories.

Probably 5 days each week I eat 10 or fewer total carbs, not net. I do find it really strict so I probably have about 20 total carbs the other two days. Generally I don't pay too much attention to my calories, but if my fat is too low I will definitely eat butter at the end of the day to get that macro up.
  • deansdad101
    Options
    @lula
    <snipped>

@deandad
    Even with the type of macros I have, my calorie restriction alone should be producing better results with weightloss. It's expensive but Im going to get the TDEE breath test to accurately find out how much energy my body is burning. It's worth 150bucks. If it's substantially lower than the norm that's an indicator of an under-treated condition. BTW...I'm still on the blood meter hunt. So far no luck.

<snipped>
    This is the first time I've ever fasted because I believe similar as you do and I hated it lol. Hopefully through the suffering I've jumpstarted my metabolic expenditure--only time will tell.
    BC;

I'm not familiar with "THE" TDEE breath test (unless you are referring to a VO2 Max test) and the googlemachine appears equally "stumped" returning results that range from an online "lab" that one mails a test tube full of breath, to something called the BodPod your local gym apparently sells.

Anyway, as you know I'm all about testing - as long as it's based on "science" and not Dr ("wizard of") Oz - endorsed.

VO2 certainly meets that standard and while I'm not sure it will actually provide you the test results you really need, what I "think" doesn't matter. What you do - DOES.

In any case, it's your money, time, and effort and if you are willing to "share" the results I, (as I'm sure others) would be very appreciative of your contribution to the "greater good".

In one way I would love to be proven wrong, and certainly you have much better info to go on, but I remain convinced (so far, at least) that you'll find the answer in one (or more) of these - Total (not net) carbs (both level and adherence), "exercise cals" added back and raising C&P targets, BG and IR levels.

It's entirely possible that an incorrect TDEE level is resulting in an incorrect cal in target (actually more "probable" than "possible") but like others, I believe that if that is the case, once you become fat adapted it should "take care of itself" (satiety restricting cals).
    So, while I think you remain convinced that you are "in" ketosis (and should be reaping the benefits), I'm equally convinced that you "might" not be.
    I think you are probably "close" but bouncing back and forth (for the reasons above) and your metabolism is just not sure which way to go (figuratively speaking <g>).

I do understand your thinking on "true" TDEE and how it affects an under treatment (didn't know that) - makes sense though and doing the test certainly can't hurt and it "might" eliminate one variable, or confirm your suspicion - either of which would be a positive step in the right direction and help you chart your course.

On the meters, the Abbott Xtra might be difficult to locate locally at retail.
    It's only "rumor" afaik, but there's talk that they are actually pulling out of the retail market and sending all production and retail sales to Walmart in the ReliON Ultima.

The RU is an "exact' clone of the Xtra as far as anyone can tell so far, so the rumor does seem to make some sense and that might be why it's becoming difficult to find at some retail locations.

Since it's the top of the line model (but still only a couple bucks more than the others) our WM seems to allow stock to run out on occasion but they can/do restock (especially if you ask or do the "ship to store" thing online.

As I think I told you, the "free" meter on the Abbott website only took 5 or 6 days to reach me.

Pulling for your success and confident you'll get there.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I had a stall for 4 weeks. Then all of a sudden, I started losing again. Unfortunately, I had several variables change and I can't narrow it down to what got me back on track. I'll list them anyway:

1) I moved the "bar" back on how many calories a day. I did this because of the homemade foods (away from home) and minor cheating/non-recording, and because I think some of the values I get from MFP are just plain way off. So I moved my calories from about 1800 to 1400. That way, if some of the indiscretions above happen, I'll still be true to my calories per day.

2) After I started the diet, I went off my insulin. But as weeks passed by, my glucose kept creeping upwards. It would hover around 180 to 250. So I started my "long lasting" insulin back up (Solastar). Now my sugars are much better (under 175).

3) I quit trying to drink so much water. I am lucky now if I get 8 cups a day. (all ketoer's are gasping now)... I'll probably get kidney stones. I am going to try to drink more via all the wonderful suggestions from the post I made last week.

4) I did eat more shrimp, the week it broke loose. It started around the time I went to Red Lobster for their "All-you-can-eat" shrimp fest. Their sale went away, so I went to Kroger and bought some frozen shrimp, cooked it in Ghee, add a little garlic salt... and it was just as good as Red Lobster at 1/3 the cost. I think I ate shrimp four nights that week for dinner.

Other than the above, I can't think of why my stall broke loose. I lost six pounds in four days! No WAIT, actually, I asked everyone (on my MFP status) to cheerlead me on, and that's when it really started working!!!! :) Thanks everyone for cheering me on!!!!
    :D

Dan the Man from Eating Shrimp Michigan
  • janhiness
    janhiness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What's your workout like? I wasn't losing like I wanted to and kicked my workouts into high gear and managed to lose a pound a day. I also stopped using any low cal sweeteners. Im not sure if that's something you use a lot of but if you do maybe try cutting that out? I just have to keep reminding myself any loss is better than nothing and to not stress about the timing of the weight loss. Stress can stall it as well.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I started keto in late august, and didn't lose a freaking pound until just a couple of weeks ago, and I almost cried when I did. I did lose inches though, so I know something has been going on. I'm T2 diabetic, hypothyroid and have a mast cell disease (mastocytosis). The scale started moving when I did...I bought a jawbone up and began C25K. I do that 3 -4 days a week, and walk everyday but sunday. Depending on the situation, I think some of us will just have to move more to get the party started.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    BansheeCat, I looked at your last three days in your diary, you have the most perfect keto log I have ever seen! Are you losing any this week?

Dan the Man from I-Wish-My-Diary-Looked-As-Good-as-Yours Land