Daily check in - NoVEmbeR give up!

Options

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Really impressed with the lifting from last night! Crabada your progress is great.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep catching up to me again (as it always does). OHP 5 was kind of meh. Head wasn't in the game. Bad days happen

57.5x2x5 (yes, 2 sets, because I switched 5s for what I thought were 10s but felt it was too easy then realized I swapped 5s for... 5s >_<)
    67.5x5
    77.5x2x4 - because I failed so close to getting 5 reps I decided to repeat my top weight instead of going back to the weight of my first set.

EMOTM x 8 of assisted chin/pull-ups x 1-3 reps with as little assistance as possible

4 rounds of double KB
    - wide stance sumo deadlift
    - front squats
    - push press
    - thruster

5 reps each move each round, KB were 20lbs. I coulda gone heavier. Didn't feel like switching halfway through.

Finished with EMOTM x6 of
    - KB Sumo Deadlift pop squat x 3 @ 45lbs
    - Hanging knee raises for RAT (that stands for remaining amount of time, btw)

Managed 66 knee raises altogether. My grip is fried. That is all.

Will catch up with everyone's posts later! :)
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Easing back into things after a long-ish break from lifting. Spending this week and possibly next week just 'warming' back up and reminding my body of the range of motion/CNS coordination/etc.

Squats: 135
    Dead: 135
    OHP: 50
    Bench: I forget - maybe 65 or 70?
    Row: 50

Workout 3 is lined up for tonight if I can squeeze it in, otherwise tomorrow.

It feels so good to be back!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Holy crap crabada - you have made mega progress (since I've last been active in the workout check-in thread)! That's so awesome!!! :D
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Workout B today:

Squats: 5x5 @90
    OHP: 5x5 @45
    DL: 1x5 @145 -- scraped the h#ll out of my shin on the first rep and was kind of bleeding all over the place. Very embarassing!
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I'm just getting back into weight lifting after about 3-4 month break. I was doing AllPro Beginner's Routine but am interested in trying SL 5 x 5. You all are awesome--the weights you are doing are pretty impressive. My main goals are to add strength and possbily stem the tide of aging... or at least try to :-). Wish me luck!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Deadlift day

Squats: warm up + 5@75,85,100,100 + extra 5@100 (wanted to do it w/better form)
    OHP: 5@45,50,55,60
    DL: 5@95,105,125,140
    Side planks: 30 seconds each
    Plank: 1 minute
    Inverted rows: 3x10
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Thanks Everybody! :) You're all kickin' *kitten* too!

I freaking <3 LOVE <3 this group!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    @LadyDeadlift Welcome back, I haven't seen you around in ages!

@crabada you are doing great

@Sceintific Good luck! And if you figure out what program is the "fountain of youth" make sure you let us all know :smile:

Squat day 3 for me:
    Warm up then 155 lbs x 3 175 lbs x 3 and 195 x 4
    Accessories
    Straight leg deadlifts 115 lbs, rear lunges 25 lbs x 2, and burpees 10 reps in a circuit for 3 sets. I figured since I dropped to 3 sets instead of 5 I should start working my way up in the weights for things I wasn't quite maxed out on with 10 reps.

I have also been in all day training meetings that are catered, so I have been eating at what I think is maintenance, unfortunately its all stuff that is hard to log so my guess is I have been over eating by a little bit. I'm just calling it squat fuel and enjoying it. The bit of fat I will put on this week will come off no problem once I get things back on track.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wooo last lift of the week and she's a goodie - it's Friday here

Squat 5x5 @ 145lbs
    OHP 4x5 1x4 @ 70lbs - could not grind that last one up!
    Deadlift 1x4 @ 198lbs, thought *kitten* it and loaded it more then 2x1 @ 200lbs woooooohoooo 200 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now tired, shakey and sleep time

Xx
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    @psych AMAZING to hit the 200lbs mark on deadlift. RIGHT?! =D

@llama Squat fuel is always a good thing. I'm mirin' those numbers!

@ladydeadlift Welcome back =D

@everyone else: keep being amazing ^^

It's a rest day for me. For now. I think I might do yoga tonight. Or some DDR. If I'm not too zombie by the time I get home. Ha!
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Got a workout in yesterday - I'm kind of proud of myself because my family schedule was challenging but I made it work instead of blowing it off.

Squats: warm-ups then work at 135x5, 155x3, 160x3, 165x3, 170x4, 135x5
    Bench: 65 5x5

Then a circuit of 3x8 for the following:
    Seated row/cable thing (first time trying this out) 20, 20, 12.5 (reduced weight for form)
    DB Bicep Curl: @15
    Lying Tricep Extension: @32
    Cable Crunch: @50

This was workout 3 after a long break and it feels like I'm settling back in.

I like to play around with weights/sets for my lifts like I did for squats because I think it 1) accelerates my gains and 2) feels so good to really bust it out even if it's for just a couple of reps

I've turned off my weight loss post updates in my feed because I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. Well not exactly - it's been trending upward all autumn. Time to nip that cr@p in the bud -- this has been a clean eating (not fully paleo) week for me and everything just feels so much better!

Happy Friday Strong Ladies!
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Squat: 125lbs 5x5, though I'm thinking of deloading back down to 105 since I'm having trouble hitting parallel on my later sets. (any tips/advice on this would be greatly appreciated!)

Benchpress: 65lbs 5x5

Barbell Row: 90 5x5, this was a struggle so I'm considering dropping the weight to 85lbs or repeating 90lbs

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Today was Back and Bicep day for me:

Seated OHP, Regular OHP, Pendlay Rows, Assisted Pullups, Dumbbell Rows (with superset of Shrugs), Dumbbell OHP, Back Iso work, Back cable work, Deadlifts (Regular, Straight Leg, Romanian), Barbell Curls, finished with a 30 minute HIIT session (1 min on, 2 min off). Total workout time 2 hours 30 minutes.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options

Workout A (Fri)

Dumbbell Skis - 5 x 10 - 40

Bench press - 5 x 5 - 105

Deadlifts 1 x 5 - 170

Reverse curls - 5 x 5 - 100

Overhand bicep curls - 5 x 5 - 130

Squats 5 X 5 - 200

Incline Crunches 1 x 125

Flat dumbbell flys - 5 x 10 - 40

Goblet Squats - 5 x 5 - 20
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    5x5 / Workout B

Squats -- 5x5 @ 125 lbs.
    - Oof. Adductor is NOT happy with me for these. I don't know what else to do to disengage that muscle from the lift, so I guess I'll be deloading. Boo.

OHP -- 5x5 @ 40 lbs.
    - I went rock climbing earlier today and had ZERO upper body strength, so I didn't even attempt 45 lbs. on this one. 40 lbs. still isn't easy, so I foresee doing a 45 / 40 split of these sets for a while longer.

Deadlifts -- 5x5 @ 145 lbs.
    - I love that I'm moving up with my deads, but definitely felt like my form was a little bit off -- too much pull and not enough push -- so I'll be hanging here for a bit. Did a warm-up set at 95 lbs.

No accessories tonight. I'm freaking tired today.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

xo,
    Courtney

PS -- Do any of you use the 5x5 app? Is it asking you about old backups every freaking time you open it? Any suggestions on how to make it stop?
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I've been thinking since I posted my workout, and I'm leaning towards taking next week as a rest week from 5x5. Between my angry adductor, random appointments, a conference in San Diego, and Thanksgiving, I think the timing makes sense.

But it won't be a "turn off my brain" rest week -- I want to spend some of my time off figuring out an actual accessories routine, learning how to foam roll, and putting together a stretching schedule. I'll also take nice long walks with Huck and maybe rock climb once or twice.

Thoughts?

C.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    Thoughts?

it seems to me like most people only start thinking about rest weeks when they're around a week overdue to take one ;) for what that's worth. i guess it's individual, but i've had a lot of these phases too where something goes wrong with my form and i just can't seem to work out what or what to do about it. i've even thought that if central nervous system burnout is the reason why we need those rests weeks, then maybe just not being able to get my muscles to behave like my head knows they should might be a sign in itself.

on that note, i've been not-lifting myself. i made it to the gym a few times, but it was like life before stronglifts; i just kind of wandered around. the new job is major overload, and on a level i wasn't expecting at all. it's all people-y stuff :'( i get really seriously sucked into internal thinkiness some of the time. start to walk into walls and put oatmeal into the coffee machine, kind of thing.

so after work, it feels like my brain has never seen a squat rack or done a deadlift before, and i just don't feel like my head or my heart or anything else is enough into any of it to keep me from hurting myself.
  • Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Shoulder is all fixed since the steroid injection so I've been managing all the exercises this month.
    Quick check-in:

Squats 75kg - needs work as just not getting low enough
    OHP 22.5kg - had to restart at 20kg because of shoulder. Never been very strong at this one.
    Bench 30kg - restarted this one too.
    Row 47.5kg - needs work as it looks a bit messy
    Deadlift 80kg - nailed this one this week!

I really fancy doing some accessory work as well - any tips?
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am in love with lifting at the moment.
    Squats 5x5 @ 95.5lb
    OHP 5x5 @ 46lb (still)
    DL 5 @ 145lb

Great atmosphere in the gym this morning, nice and quiet with mostly serious lifters there to work out rather than talk, and my favourite PT was on.

And for some reason my adductor isn't hurting at all at the moment. Crabada I would be really interested in hearing about your stretching research.