Weekly Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's how I understood reps and sets and that is why I said no thank you lol I do enough squats my legs burn just going to the bathroom
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Challenge

Advanced:
    Complete a minimum of 130 minutes cardio and 80 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain, stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Intermediate:
    Complete 120 minutes of cardio and 70 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Beginner:
    Complete 110 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of strength training. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

All Players
    This week's episode was all about Abraham and Eugene. We learned that Eugene had been lying about being a scientist, but we also saw how his mission had saved Abraham and had given him hope. Also, Tara's kindness towards Eugene gave him the courage to start learning how go take care of himself.

So this week,
    1. Be like Tara: take the time to encourage a friend or a stranger on their fitness journey.
    2. Be like Eugene: plan to try something soon that would usually intimidate you and share what that is with your team. 
    3. Be like Abraham: being on a mission helped him stay focused and it literally saved his life. Share with your team what your mission is. What keeps you motivated to work towards a more fit self?

• Cindyinpg
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sorry guys, bit pressed for time this morning and not feeling any creative vibes from the show last night re: specific character challenges, but feel free to challenge your teammates to something new this week if you like. Next week I will have more interesting material to work with. Happy Monday!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    No apologies. This is still great! Thank you for all you do. This challenge has already made a noticeable difference for me.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Happy that you're doing this Cindy! Was a bad week for TJ and I
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Cindy-thanks so much for doing this. I can't imagine the work involved!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I sure appreciate you and the team leaders for all the time and effort you put into making the challenge fun and, well, challenging! THANK YOU GUYS!!
  • Cindyinpg
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Week 6 Challenge for the episode "Consumed"

Advanced:
    Complete a minimum of 140 minutes cardio and 85 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain, stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Intermediate:
    Complete 130 minutes of cardio and 75 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Beginner:
    Complete 120 minutes of cardio and 65 minutes of strength training. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

All Players
    This week's episode was all about Daryl and Carol (thank goodness!). I read a great recap here that talks about it.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/opinion/walking-dead-consumed-recap-season-five-episode-six-daryl-carol-1201358019/

Here's an excerpt:
    Carol remarks about the victim that she used to be while she was married to Ed, and as horrible as the zombie apocalypse has been, she was happy that the person she was before became burned away – and once they settled into the prison, and she was teaching the kids, fortifying the fences, and being a leader in the community, “I got to be who I always thought I should be,” she says.

But then she killed David and Karen. And she was sent away. And that person she had become, “she got burnt away,” says Carol.

And we the viewers realize that through all of these flashbacks, we’ve been seeing Carol relive all the times she’s “started over” as Daryl suggests she do – and I imagine she feels like, after reinventing herself time and time again, there’s nothing of herself LEFT anymore to begin all over again with. She’s not a phoenix; she’s a person.

“Everything now just consumes us,” she says. (Ah! There’s the episode title.)

But hope springs eternal in Daryl Dixon. “Hey,” he says. “We ain’t ashes.”
    :heart:

So.... Last week everyone shared how they were like Abraham, Eugene and Tara and it was very inspiring to read everyone's stories.

So this week,
    1. Be retrospective like Carol : talk to your team about a fire in your life or smoke you saw that "consumed" you and made you rise like a phoenix from the ashes in a new direction, especially if this story relates to health and fitness like a sport's injury or regaining weight you had lost.
    3. Be determined and optimistic like Daryl and encourage someone in your own life who is experiencing difficulties in reaching their goals or is having similar setbacks.

• Cindyinpg
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Week 7 Challenge

Advanced:
    Complete a minimum of 150 minutes cardio and 90 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain, stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Intermediate:
    Complete 140 minutes of cardio and 80 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Beginner:
    Complete 130 minutes of cardio and 70 minutes of strength training. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

All Players
    On Thursday, in honour of the American Thanksgiving do either one of the following workouts and have a delicious, high protein, enjoyable and guilt free dinner with your family.

s16dpswwmilk.jpg

pcboege82c1w.png

Church Group: Carl/Michonne
    This week's episode saw Carl and Michonne trying to teach Father Gabriel how to defend himself using a Machete. They are both pros at self defense and using these types of weapons require strong abs, so this week try fitnessblender ' s ab workout.

10 Min Abs Workout -- At Home Abdominal and Obliq…: http://youtu.be/1919eTCoESo

Travelling Group:Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Tara
    This week the group is facing a severe water shortage. Keep track of how much water you are drinking and try and meet MFPs recommendation of 8 glasses a day.

Atlanta Group: Rick, Daryl, Carol, Beth, Tyreese, Sasha
    Looks like their compassion might have sent them from the frying pan into the fire. This week try Scooby ' s Rotisserie Workout at least once. As a core exercise, it can be done everyday.

Rotisserie Workout Functional Core Workout: http://youtu.be/oOvo2PDmL0E
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That parade workout was a lot more than I was expecting. By the end, we were cursing vocal performances!!! (and especially the lipsyncing ones!)
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did the other one instead, and it was one of the toughest workouts I've done in awhile. Sounds like we all earned our extra slice of pie today. :-)
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I didn't do tha Thanksgiving challenges there, instead I did a BodyCombat class for an hour and that was a *kitten* whomping I am feeling it today....
  • Cindyinpg
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Week 8 Challenge

Advanced:
    Complete a minimum of 160 minutes cardio and 95 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain, stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Intermediate:
    Complete 150 minutes of cardio and 85 minutes of strength training of your choice. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

Beginner:
    Complete 140 minutes of cardio and 75 minutes of strength training. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or gain: stay within your calorie goals for the week. You will earn your team 100 points for each of these three tasks for a total of 300 points provided you report on time.

All Players
    To honour poor Beth and the loss the group feels, do one of her boot camp videos from the first two weeks and remember how brave she was.

http://youtu.be/FhXhOwlY2Ck

http://youtu.be/4APrCMWxrjY

Then to honour Robert Kirkman (the big meanie,) do 36 Birthday Burpees for him at some point this week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Team Beth/Walker Horde
    Do any one of the Horde videos from the prior weeks and do the Kirkman Birthday Burpees twice.

• DucMouse
    Options
    Question...Does this mean that for the second half of challenge we stay in the walker horde?
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    No, in the spring challenge you can change your player so you wont be in the horde.
  • DucMouse
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    No, in the spring challenge you can change your player so you wont be in the horde.

that is pretty cool! thanks for the info!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    As you all know there is no new challenge this week. The show will return on Sunday February 8th, so we will start taking sign ups for the next round on or about February 1st. I will message each one of you with a reminder in late January.

I really enjoyed being a part of this challenge and was so inspired reading about your journeys and motivations. It's been an awesome 9 weeks and I will definitely miss interacting with all of you. Happy Holidays to everyone. Enjoy the season and we'll all get together again in 9 weeks.

This week's MVP s and winning team (s) are posted in the trophy room.
    Everyone who was MVP in any of the past few weeks will go into the next challenge with the power to rescue themselves or someone else from the Horde at any point in the challenge.

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Cindy & TJ and everyone that works on keeping this challenge going. This was my 2nd go 'round and I love it. Nothing keeps me honest like having to be accountable to my team. Have a great time off everyone, but don't let the season give you a reason to fall off the wagon!

~Patti