Post your recent results - Part 2

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Pittsburgh EQT 10 Miler - 66min/6:40 pace, a 3min PR :)
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Delamere Park Run, UK.
    This was a 5k hilly trail race, I got a new all time PR of 25min 45sec. I finished 2nd in my age group and 86th out of 185 starters. Needless to say I am delighted. Next Sat as part of my training for a 10k I am running in the Cardiff park run 5k. As this is a flat asphalt run, I am looking to go even faster.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    prdavies - if you're looking for a fast parkrun come on up to Tredegar at Parc Bryn Bach. Its a flat asphalt path around the lake and a smaller field than Cardiff (come ay hi if you do :) )

Ran my 6th Half of the year (and ever!) today running circuits of the Donington Race track. Previous PB was set at Cardiff HM in Oct (2:06:24) which was a relatively flat course. Donington is a very hilly racing circuit but ran 1:56:54 today. I could have gone quicker but for a bad set of blisters from lap 4 due to very wet feet. Absolutely delighted with my first sub 2hrs though :smiley:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Holiday Half & 5K at Moody Gardens (Galveston, Tx). This year, I ran the 5K (ran the half last year):

New PR of 27:32

Third place in my age group of Female 40-49. 24th out of 136 total. So proud of that time. The second time I've placed in a race. Previous PB was 28:41 (in March), so very proud of how much time I knocked off. :)
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Queenstown Half Marathon 22 November 2014

Conditions were appalling, wet cold and windy, but worse for the marathoners who had to weather a short storm of gale force winds and driving rain. It was a trail run and the track was turned to slippery mud.

I was very disappointed with my time 2:14: 57, until I saw I was 7th in my age group (60-69) First was 2:06 and next six 2:12 - 2:14:57.

The volunteers were amazing - stood out in horrid conditions and doing their best to ensure we all survived!
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I ran the Big Cedar Endurance trail race Saturday the 22nd. I planned on the 50M but they canceled the 50M for runner safety. I dropped to the 50K. I was DFL and almost 4.5 hours slower than my PR. But I couldn't be happier. Ankle deep sticky mud. Crawling on your hands and knees over super slick bridges. The course was an butt kicker! I was DFL, but 58% didn't finish the 50K, so I did better than they did anyway! But all the hard work paid off for sure. I'm so much stronger now. Happy to finish! uxe3uxzswdi6.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I ran the Big Cedar Endurance trail race Saturday the 22nd. I planned on the 50M but they canceled the 50M for runner safety. I dropped to the 50K. I was DFL and almost 4.5 hours slower than my PR. But I couldn't be happier. Ankle deep sticky mud. Crawling on your hands and knees over super slick bridges. The course was an butt kicker! I was DFL, but 58% didn't finish the 50K, so I did better than they did anyway! But all the hard work paid off for sure. I'm so much stronger now. Happy to finish!

Damn. That's awesome!

• mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Did my first HM at the Annapolis Running Classic in Annapolis, MD on November 22nd...it...was...HORRIBLE!!! It was super cold and I did a pasta dinner the night before that was purchased from a little pizza/sub shop and it didn't sit very well...so I think between that and not breathing properly in the cold, my stomach went haywire on me and I spent miles 5-13 puking my guts out on the side of the road...seriously thought about throwing in the towel around mile 10...BUT, I didn't :smiley: So, overall it was a victory...with a world class crappy time of 2:49:17...sooooo far below the pace I'd even been doing my LSR's at...but at least I finished and now I have a nice easy base time to kill on the next one!!
  • deanna0127
    deanna0127 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Seattle Half Marathon on a chilly, but beautiful Sunday Morning... I finally managed to break the 2 hour mark on the most difficult course I've ever run. 1:59:18 :D
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I PRed a 5k November 22. I finished in 23:44 and the course was a little long - 3.15, so it works out to a 7:33 mile. I have NEVER EVER considered myself a "fast" runner and that seems unbelievably fast to me! Very exciting :D Congrats to everyone else!
    deanna0127 wrote: »
    Seattle Half Marathon on a chilly, but beautiful Sunday Morning... I finally managed to break the 2 hour mark on the most difficult course I've ever run. 1:59:18 :D

Yay for breaking 2:00 !!! I did that this fall as well, except it was a fast downhill course. Still felt freaking awesome though.

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I ran the Kiawah Island Half Marathon on Saturday. I wasn't sure what to expect because I have been having some hip problems and haven't been running much. I finished in 2:31:11, making this my second fastest half, and I stopped a few times to take pictures along the way. I am happy with my time, and more importantly, my hip doesn't hurt!
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Daisy471 wrote: »
    I ran the Kiawah Island Half Marathon on Saturday. I wasn't sure what to expect because I have been having some hip problems and haven't been running much. I finished in 2:31:11, making this my second fastest half, and I stopped a few times to take pictures along the way. I am happy with my time, and more importantly, my hip doesn't hurt!

I also ran Kiawah Island HM Saturday. I was happy to finish at 2:22:19 as I was nursing a sprained ankle.
  • hiker_chick
    hiker_chick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    PR'd during the Portland Holiday Half on Saturday. Ran a (nearly consistent) 11min/mile pace and finished in 2:25. It was a sunny, fairly cool day and perfect for running! Can't wait for my next race!
  • phil230532
    phil230532 Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Kiawah Island half marathon Saturday, 2:02:46.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Santa Hustle, Sevierville TN. 14 Dec , 1:32:25 a new PR!!
  • vcphil
    vcphil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Goofy challenge 39.3 miles 2 days :-)
    Half marathon- 1:41:17
    full marathon- 3:19:21
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    On January 3, 2015 I ran the Wild Azalea Trail 50 miler, I finished 1st female!

also, I finished ONLY female: all other women dropped b/c the conditions were terrible.
    It was pretty awesome.

Race report http://aldousmom.tumblr.com/post/107244476236/wild-azalea-trail-challenge-50-miler
  • runsmiles
    Options
    On New Years Day, I ran the Polar Dash 10K in Minneapolis in 44:45. Placed in Top 5 in my age bracket (out of 75) and in Top 5% overall. Great way to start the New Year despite the biting cold.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Ran my first sub 4 marathon in Charleston, SC this past weekend. Finished in 3:54:32, fifth in my age group (F 40-44). Very pleased with the results and what felt like a near perfect race.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ran my first ultra...Triple D 50K 4:12:11! 2nd Overall...It was a bit short at 48K. Very happy, very sore. It was a muddy and sloppy mess!!
This discussion has been closed.