December Chat

Options
Wooken3
Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
tdxrawez6hik.jpg

t31135.gifNovember was a good month for me: I lost a few pounds (again) and met my 250-mile biking goal for the first time since June.

t07129.gif December is always a fun month for us. We aren’t as active as when the kids and grandkids were little, but still manage to get out and about and enjoy the Season. However even after living in the desert for 19-years, I’m still surprised to see Santa in shorts and hanging our stocking on the horno fireplace outside just doesn’t seem right. But must say, having Christmas Dinner at the picnic table in the back yard is not a bad thing.

t07208.gifSo here is to a successful December filled with Good Cheer and, hopefully, no weight gain!

w3t07044.gif

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Thank you for a lovely welcome to December x

I love this month too.....love the build up to Christmas, although the day itself is quiet with just me, hubby and son. Will be interesting on Christmas eve meeting son's lovely girlfriend's family for the first time. They are from Sri Lanka so that will be great fun!

Enjoy whatever you have planned for the month and fingers crossed for successful festivities!

Jean
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love Christmas and the entire holiday season. Thanksgiving was wonderful, day after took four grandkids to Children's Theater for Christmas Play and lunch, yesterday took two grandkids to movie. Lots of gatherings coming up. I've got the house decorated. Plan to exercise everyday this month. Not putting a step limit on at this time. Will pledge that in January. Wooken, I love your posts! Jean, enjoy the future in-laws.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    December is my favorite. As kids our house was always festive and happy, I tried to recreate for my kids and think I've succeeded. their house are always bustling and going in a hundred directions, just the way it should be. We are busy - have our "biker" christmas party at our house this Saturday, a birthday party Friday, a dinner the next week and then Christmas dinner at our house. If I can maintain through December I will be a happy camper.

meta?graphic%5Btitle%5D=A%20Christmas%20Wish%20Photo%20by%20flower413%20%7C%20Photobucket&graphic%5Basset_url%5D=http%3A%2F%2Fi241.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fff12%2Fflower413%2FChristmas.jpg&graphic%5Basset_type%5D=image&graphic%5Bsource%5D=Google&graphic%5Bcredits_link%5D=http%3A%2F%2Fs241.photobucket.com%2Fuser%2Fflower413%2Fmedia%2FChristmas.jpg.html&graphic%5Bwidth%5D=1024&graphic%5Bheight%5D=768
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I now have a new reason to like December. One year ago today I joined MFP. :smiley: It has been an interesting journey and continues to be so. I spent 9 months losing about 35 pounds and have now been on maintenance for 3 months. It seemed like a long time as it was going on but seems very fast now. Here is a graph of that journey that I am going to paste in my diary. It looks like a mountain landscape. :wink:
    imagejpg1_zps6c25e2ba.jpg

A special thank you to each of you in this group for your positive support. Sharing with and from all of you has really helped. It is so much easier to do this with others!
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Saw the topic and thought I would join in as I think it will give me the incentive to stay true to the program, something I need! Not a big fan of December :s , hate the cold, snow, bitter cold etc, need to win the lottery so I can spend 6 months in warmer country. I've been sort of a Grinch about Christmas since my girls are grown up and I no longer have the opportunity to wake them up "cause Santa has been here", but reading your posts has 'grown my heart' so I'm looking forward to celebrating with family, neighbours and friends. My oldest dd is having Christmas dinner at her place, then Christmas evening will go Mummering in the neighbourhood - don't dress up, just drink lol, then on the 27th we are have Christmas Karaoke in our garage, so I have a lot to look forward too. Really happy that I'm back on MFP and I'm logging, losing some of the weight I gained back, and get to be in touch with all of you. No true 'exercise' yet today - got attacked by sabertooth dust bunnies and dh was in danger of going to work in just his underwear and socks, so had to get housework and laundry done. :o
    - Happy December everyone,
    - Holly (with a name like that you would think I was born in December instead of May)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Everyone seems to be in the spirit! Holly, I'm sort of with you. I don't get too excited about Christmas. Sometimes seems like a chore and December is my busiest month always at work. I haven't sent Christmas cards in years and, since we now go to my kids for Christmas, I don't even do a tree anymore. Never was a big decorator anyway. I will shop entirely on-line and then get in the mood about 3 days before Christmas. Will be glad it is all over on the 26th. Must say it is a little more fun with the grandkids. This Saturday, Breakfast with Santa at the Conservatory! We will also go to the zoo for Christmas lights some evening, too!
    animated-christmas-tree-decorations-image-0027.gifanimated-christmas-tree-decorations-image-0027.gifanimated-christmas-tree-decorations-image-0027.gifanimated-christmas-tree-decorations-image-0027.gif

I do want to stop and admire Wanda's accomplishment! Wow. Took a lot of guts to start MFP in December! You have been so successful and maintained such a great attitude! I think everyone joins me in a congratulations!
    animated-cheerleader-image-0004.gif

Well done!

Charlie

• bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Lol Charlie. Perfect graphics.
  • sudofarr
    sudofarr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am feeling a little Grinch-y myself! One child in Spain and one here for a few days but mostly I am not feeling the spirit. I envy those of you who have grandchildren because that would love that new enthusiasm for the holidays that children bring! Nevertheless, I am trying to keep losing over the holidays. I lost about 1.5 lbs over the Thanksgiving week so yayee!! It is possible! Bring it on December!
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just testing -- to see if my ticker shows up.
    41146803.png

... and it does but I can't see how to delete the post. :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    You can edit with a magic "gear" that shows up when you hover over it in the upper right hand corner. But delete, I don't think you can, once it it there.

I went to my Meditation Class. Stayed for both sessions. Will go again next week. I have been working on an on-line stress relief program and a telephone coaching stress relief program. Both offered through work. I've been at it for about 6 weeks. Before you know it, I'll be sitting on a mountain top or...
    5k5dgr1i8gpp.jpg
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Go with the cheese fries. Meditating on mountain tops is over rated.

December means we are 1/3 through the Grey Season in New England. That is a reason to celebrate.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    animated-trumpet-image-0013.gifI did it! I am now "overweight." No longer morbidly obese, or any kind of obese. As I mentioned in my newsfeed, it is all relative. I'm so excited to be overweight. There was a time that would have been awful to say that!

So BMI is now 29.9; I'm right on the edge. A little water and I'm obese again. But...since I always claim my lowest reading, I will no longer be obese in my mind! Also, if I count from my highest weight, I've now lost 80 pounds! Nice, round number!

This was also a goal for me! I had given myself a reward after every 15 pounds. This was only 11 1/2, but a big enough milestone for a reward, I think. Since I am really concentrating on "relaxation" right now, I think a massage is in order!

56604121.png
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! grandmotherc. That is exciting. Thanks for posting. These kind of reports are so encouraging and keep us all plugging along.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    That is really great! Well done! I totally appreciate the difference between obese and overweight......it really does sound much healthier! I really admire you for sticking to it and being so strong and determined....and great to see it paying off!

Jean
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What an achievement! Wow. I bet you're down a few dress sizes too.. :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Lovely to read of everyone's accomplishments in here.
    Such a great group of people who care about others and themselves.

Happy Holidays everyone. I am always glad when the days start to get longer again.
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So happy for you Charlie - one of the most dedicated and determined people I know!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I have just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I am Janet from Myrtle Beach, SC. At 67 years old, I have tried many diets over the past 25 years. The few where I did lose weight, it only returned, usually with a few friends they had picked up on the way. I had about given up. I love MFP because I'm not "on a diet" and can eat without feeling hungry. I simply choose lower calorie foods so I can eat more than 1/4 to 1/3 cup of something. I started my journey mid-October and am down 19 pounds. This has been very encouraging since I was beginning to think I'd never be a normal size again. I still need to loose about 55 or 60 pounds but now I know I can do it. I've been reading many of the posts and it's great to see so many "mature" ladies reaching their goals. I do log my intake daily and am now working on getting my exercise more regular.
    I'm glad to be here. Thank you
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Hello All...

c0140.gifAnd we are glad you're here also!

Welcome to the 60+ Chat page and be sure and check out the Weekly Wednesday Check In page too.

t07043.gifw3
  • sudofarr
    sudofarr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "I did it! I am now "overweight." No longer morbidly obese, or any kind of obese. As I mentioned in my newsfeed, it is all relative. I'm so excited to be overweight. There was a time that would have been awful to say that! "
    I had to laugh out loud when I read this! I did exactly the same thing! It was such a relief to be just "overweight"! Now I have another 15 or so to be "normal". Overweight feels so great!