Dec 7-Dec 13 Check In Challenge Thread

Options

Replies

• imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    HammerJammer that is great advice. Gird your loins and sharpen your sword!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You solemly raise your coffee mug and salute a worthy foe, and think "Good try, but you could not pass, not on MY WATCH! Rest well sugar, carbs and grains, I'll see ya in Hell when its my time. But not today, today is for me. Today I eat clean.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Roll with it Cynthia U B Jammin'!
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hammer -your corner Bakery war analogy is great!

Also a fan of MCT. I get it via my morning coffee in the form of coconut oil.

Long day in class yesterday followed by class dinner. Ate well, but did have a beer. Amazing how I can tell even one affects my sleep. Rather than hang in bar with class and my team, got some steps pacing around the outdoor mall area where we had dinner. Nice to be able to walk outside even if it was "mall" laps

Oh I'm officially an AJ client. Got all my evaluations pictures etc in. Looking forward to see what she tweaks.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Thanks kim let us know how it goes with AJ. Keep Rockin it!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning! At work early again today, hoping to make some progress on a few little projects.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    John, I loved that story! It would have been better if I wasn't eating a cookie, though! It's that time of year that vendors and clients drop off huge trays of goodies, and there's some super awesome coconut cookies. I guess my firing pin broke, haha. Or in the spirit of being gluttonous, I had a ... wait for it... double feed...
    *Ba-dum-tss*
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hammer you crack me up! Manager came in with Danish cookies, assistant manager with fudge.... I drank my coffee with heavy cream and passed on both.

Didn't get to do any weights yesterday, so when I got home I knocked out a bunch of pullups and pushups just so that I had done "something"

Carol, if you splurged you have to tell us what you had and if it was worth it. That way we can laugh or be jealous!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Hmrjmr1 wrote: »
    Carol - Here is the chance to think like a soldier, you are entering a well defended ambush site. Think of every offer of carb, grains, or sugar as a bullet fired at you, In order to get out of this trap alive you have to focus on your training and use the No gun. Every No will hit its target with the accuracy and precision of a sniper in a target rich environment. "Would you like a Bagel? Phhht! Bagel Bullet fired, No Thank You, BOOOOOM! Bagel is dead, add a smile and you've dropped a grenade in the Bagel bunker. Need Ammo Coffee please and may I have some heavy cream? The battle has just gone nuclear! Powdered Sugar Donut? Pew Pew Pew,,,,, Oh No thanks I, BRRRRRRRT! the no gun is now in auto and you are mowing them down!!!! You call in an Air Strike - "But I wouldn;t mind having some water please" Whhhhooooomp! your win you are on top of the hill knee deep in hand-grande pins and empty brass...VICTORY!
    -

Loved this!!!! I'll have to think about this as food days at work will be occurring. I wonder if yelling 'fire in the hole' would be a bit much though. :smiley:
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Loved this!!!! I'll have to think about this as food days at work will be occurring. I wonder if yelling 'fire in the hole' would be a bit much though. :smiley:

Somewhere someone is going to walk into an office, arms loaded with donut boxes, and someone else will yell "TAKE COVER" and jump under a desk.
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hammer--Bahaha that was great. The pace was very comfortable. The 7 minute pace was a little rough so I backed off of that a little. I am thinking about setting some milestone goals, but I'm sort of wary about that because I don't want to be pushing my speed too hard that I sacrifice distance (since my ultimate 12 week goal is to run 13.1 miles comfortably). I would like to get that fartlek interval to 6:30 and 8:30 constant.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I didn't want you to think I was dead. lol A couple things have kept me away. First for a couple weeks my eating was horrible. I have probably put on maybe 10 lbs over the thanksgiving two week celebration. lol Second I hate the forums here they need to add the simple features that all other forums have, such as email notification. Third I really need to have some people that are like minded around. For example have over 100 lbs to lose, count calories ect... So for that reason I have been going back over to 3 fat chicks forums which is where I was the first time I lost all this weight. Even though I have not kept up on my diary until the last 2 days I have been watching things and am back on track. So that being said I probably won't be on here much. I enjoy talking with you all but with the differences in diets I just need a better fit.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was listening to Carol tell Nick to just get out and walk, so it made me want to go walk. I did my ~1 mile lunch walk.
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just checking in ... glad you're all still with me.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was listening to Carol tell Nick to just get out and walk, so it made me want to go walk. I did my ~1 mile lunch walk.

Good for you TJ! And reading yours motivated me to go do a walk outside while the class broke for lunch.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great post John and the responses are cracking me up. Not sure I should use "take cover" or "fire in the hole" around work. It has been extremely stressful and people are already on edge. Hell, I am the one a few call the "tunnel rat" because they always send me in to take the potential hit, test the waters, or take one for the team. Just today the owner came in and I could not stop myself from saying "What now???" Thank goodness he laughed...kind of. I will give it a try tomorrow at the meeting. I am sure there will be 5-lb bagels and cream cheese.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A friend emailed me this today. I had to ask him how the heck he knew I was dieting. Must be on some watch list. I do know that my dog eliminates any possibility of secret snacking. Busted every time!
    61bdjfmysm98.jpeg

• kc9ljo
    kc9ljo Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I survived the bakery! Those pastries didn't stand a chance.. I felt like Rambo! Thanks John!! Made the whole experience funny.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    howie6267 wrote: »
    Hi all, I didn't want you to think I was dead. lol A couple things have kept me away. First for a couple weeks my eating was horrible. I have probably put on maybe 10 lbs over the thanksgiving two week celebration. lol Second I hate the forums here they need to add the simple features that all other forums have, such as email notification. Third I really need to have some people that are like minded around. For example have over 100 lbs to lose, count calories ect... So for that reason I have been going back over to 3 fat chicks forums which is where I was the first time I lost all this weight. Even though I have not kept up on my diary until the last 2 days I have been watching things and am back on track. So that being said I probably won't be on here much. I enjoy talking with you all but with the differences in diets I just need a better fit.

Sorry not to have you around more regularly Howie. I hate that we've gotten so much about carbs. I wish we had more guests that were of different beliefs. I'll work on that. I have just this week gone back to watching my calories. I'm tired of not worrying about it... I need to shake Things up. Hope you'll check in regularly. We hope to be mostly about motivation & you're an asset to us all in that dept!