Dec 14-Dec 20 Challenge Thread

Options

Replies

• kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So far so good! Down 7 pounds since the start of December.

Seems like everyone is plugging along, good deal!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. I will catch up later. Busy morning. I did however wear my hat for spirit week. Someone already told me they would like to stuff me and put me in their front room. Of course he is a hunter. Will post a pic later.
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Bad lunch today. I wasn't feeling 'being good' so I just went for it! Massive amounts of sodium - BAD! At least I have almost all of my water requirements in for the day and there is still half of a day to go (just finishing up what will put me over 64oz).

Kris, I have no idea what to say. I almost busted out laughing when I saw your post. How would I have explained that unprovoked burst of laughter to my co-workers? I can't wait to see you and this hat. :)
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Another day ... another calorie burned ;)
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Kim ... your CarbNite macros are interesting. I myself recently have been trying to keep carbs below 300g on carbnite. I generally don't worry about the amount of fat however until the start of carbnite, once I start I try to avoid fat to maximize my insulin spike from carbs and protein. Actually there are a lot of lean proteins that will give you max protein with little fat. You could also just skip the fat in the coffee that day to give you more margin at night. I personally would avoid dairy, except for heavy cream, and use almond milk or some other non-dairy drink instead of skim milk. I'm definitely interested in learning what reasoning AJ gives you.
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    k5xp8uejyrr1.jpg

My scale & I are now in a non-committed relationship & will be only seeing each other once a week :) Hugs to all & thanks for the insight & inspiration! ~DebSue
    Options
    k5xp8uejyrr1.jpg

My scale & I are now in a non-committed relationship & will be only seeing each other once a week :) Hugs to all & thanks for the insight & inspiration! ~DebSue

I love this!!!! I really want to kick my scale to the curb, but i know I need it around once a week.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    DebSue - love the pic! My hubby hid my scale when he saw I was becoming to obsessed with weighing everyday. So now I just weigh in once a week at Weight Watchers. Not always happy with the number, but it's usually what I expect -- and deserve! LOL
  • kris3b
    Options
    Hat day at work. We do spirit week every year the week before Christmas. Tomorrow is sports team day. Will be a Detroit Tiger or Piston. It also means a ton of food every day. Today was a good day. Can't believe I am posting this...
    c85oacrr5kac.jpg

Great post DebSue. I am only doing it once a week because of our chat. It is tough, but I don't want that darn scale determining my mood.
    Options
    Kris, I love it!!! Thank you for sharing with us. :smiley:
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Looooooove it Kris!! Everyone who sees that will have a smile on their face so you've done a great thing! Grrrrrrrr! Lol
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Heron I think dresses are against the dress code...:P

Kris I wish I had that hat. I would wear it to the bar during the Bears game...maybe they'd play better? Haha
  • kris3b
    Options
    Thanks all. Glad you liked it:)

Chris, I would totally give you this hat if you want it. Not like I have many occasions to wear it. I believe I have worn it three times. We had girls trips to Michigan's U.P. and we all bought one. Let me know. I must warn you though...I had it hiding in a bag in my scented candle stash. haha

Kevin, WOOHOO! You are kicking butt this month:)

Heron, I have had the Quest bars and they are pretty good. Those chips are calling my name.

I knocked out a little over 4 miles walking at 12% incline. My legs are now jello. I might have been able to go longer, but I was bored senseless. I MISS RUNNING! My short attention span craves it. Night all!
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    5 mile RX. 2 easy, 2 fast, 1 cool down:

8:39
    8:34 (-0:05)
    7:54 (-0:40)
    7:52 (-0:02)
    10:15 (cool down)

43:14 8:39/mile

This was on the treadmill unfortunately. Too cold to run outside. The runs are getting longer though. I am not looking forward to anything more than 5 miles on the treadmill. Maybe I'll have to invest in some cold weather run gear. Right now I don't even own sweatpants.

Heron I've heard of Quest bars as being really good. I've never had the chips or the bars for that matter.

Kris ha! I bet it smells lovely. Why can't you run? You may have mentioned earlier, sorry.

Carol loved the most recent podcast!
  • kc9ljo
    kc9ljo Posts: 19
    Options
    Damn you Christmas cookies!!!
    Options
    Good morning everybody. It's Wednesday. That is all.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. I hear coffee calling.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks!

Deb Sue - My thoughts exactly! Great Pic

Kris - You B Stylin'!

Chris - Nice roll on the 5 mi.

Looks like folks are hangin in there so keep on Jammin' Only 7 days left before the Hammer Jammer 2D Nail Challenge completes. Got some very good ones planned for the coming weekend.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wednesday. Big presentation this afternoon to some senior leadership at the company about my team and our 3 year vision. Wish me well.

Arturo- Kiefer often mentions Women over 50 can't take as excessive CarbNites, and I suspect these macros are based on their experience with that. I'm glad AJ agreed to take me on, because I'm not sure I would have trusted this advice from another trainer. But she has been his longest running female focused coach. it just feels soooooo restricted versus what everyone else does on carb Nite