Non Scale Victories - Share the Joy! - part 3

Options

Replies

• emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks, LeAnna. I know we're going to get there; sometimes we just have to figure out how to get around a few roadblocks ;)
  • on2016
    on2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    * Not eating ANY of the cookies or cakes that have been brought into the office over the last few months (even those that sit on the sign in sheet 3 feet from my desk)!

* Being able to walk up stairs without feeling like I'm going to keel over. This week I started doing my stair training again as well (walked up 20 flights to top of building and back down, 2 days this week).

* Finding 2 bins of clothes in the back of the closet that I can now fit again, and another bin that I will be able to fit in a few months at this rate.

* Having the wife politely tell me that I don't block out as much of the sunlight anymore when I'm standing in front of the window!

* I'm sure my next NSV will happen next month when I see the Doctors that told me to lose 30 pounds. The last time they saw me I had actually GAINED 10, so it should be really interesting when they see that not only did I hit their goal, but I passed it, 8^).
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    on2016 wrote: »
    I'm sure my next NSV will happen next month when I see the Doctors that told me to lose 30 pounds. The last time they saw me I had actually GAINED 10, so it should be really interesting when they see that not only did I hit their goal, but I passed it, 8^).
    @on20126 - Good job!

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    on2016 wrote: »
    * Being able to walk up stairs without feeling like I'm going to keel over. This week I started doing my stair training again as well (walked up 20 flights to top of building and back down, 2 days this week).

This is impressive enough on its own! Geeze! 20 flights! Wow, that's dedication and inspiration.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I went away as a chaperone with my daughter's youth group this past weekend, and there were lots of pictures posted on facebook. Although I was still the largest person in the group, I wasn't horrendously large and the pictures weren't embarrassing to see posted on-line.
  • PaulaKro
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tonight I was late to a meeting at a friends house and the electric gate was closed shut. Oblivious of the pedestrian access around the corner, I tried instead to push by the gate. There wasn't much space, but I was able to squeeze through the ten inches or so it gave in. #skin_and_bones

Paula
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Yay for squeezing through fences! WTG Paula (*)
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    shballa wrote: »
    I went away as a chaperone with my daughter's youth group this past weekend, and there were lots of pictures posted on facebook. Although I was still the largest person in the group, I wasn't horrendously large and the pictures weren't embarrassing to see posted on-line.

I still have not reached the point of being comfortable with pictures yet; I applaud you in this victory of confidence.
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Tonight I was late to a meeting at a friends house and the electric gate was closed shut. Oblivious of the pedestrian access around the corner, I tried instead to push by the gate. There wasn't much space, but I was able to squeeze through the ten inches or so it gave in. #skin_and_bones

Paula

Congratulations! You have really done wonderful.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    I have a MAJOR Non-Scale Victory today - I did two rounds of running for eight minutes with a two minute rest in between them. At every two-minute interval I'd say okay, we'll see in just two more minutes about walking; then, I'd decided to go another two minutes until the 8-minute free form run was done. I can't believe how strong I've gotten. I am very proud of myself and very thankful to whoever mentioned the Zombies, Run! program as it did help to keep me motivated thinking that I was being chased by two zombies while carrying much needed medical supplies. I feel great! Nice, strong runner's high going on. :blush:
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Okay...so I have been attending a Pilates class since March. It is a one hour, easy going, full body workout focused on core strength. I started going because it was something that could be adapted to what little I could do. I continue to go because it is now not only something I can do better than I could nine months ago, it is now also something I enjoy doing.

Today we tried a new exercise that involved holding our leg up in the air and holding the back of one thigh while moving the other leg in a particular way--people, it did not feel like MY leg-- stretched out and active, I could feel the muscles and sinews doing LEG MUSCLE STUFF and not the usual cluster of wobbles and skin that I associate with MY legs.

Someday--and it's not that far away a Someday--I am going to have very nice legs.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have enjoyed reading all the NSVs I've been missing! Way to go, y'all. (And I am really wanting to try Pilates.)

21755826.png
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My main NSV was one pair of stretch jeans started fitting again. I have several more I can work into here shortly, and I can't wait.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    My main NSV was one pair of stretch jeans started fitting again. I have several more I can work into here shortly, and I can't wait.
    Clothes are my favorite. :bigsmile:
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Oh! I love that!!! Congrats!!!
    I got into a pair of pants that I'd saved for 15 years... as a goal. Found out I hated the design of them. lol!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    m23prime wrote: »
    Someday--and it's not that far away a Someday--I am going to have very nice legs.
    And we want pictures, Mark, don't we folks!

My NSV is not losing any weight anymore. I've been waffling about 5-10# from my goal (145#) but it's a great place to be.

Paula
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    m23prime wrote: »
    And we want pictures, Mark, don't we folks!

My NSV is not losing any weight anymore. I've been waffling about 5-10# from my goal (145#) but it's a great place to be.

Paula

I'll see what can be done for you in May, Paula. ;-)
  • 808malia
    Options
    Congrats Paula!!! It must feel amazing to be at and stay at your goal weight!!! (*) (*) (*)
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Last week, I completed five hours of reformer Pilates, two hours of swimming lessons, an hour of deep water aquafit, AND 170,000 steps, mostly from purposefully marching my dog around.

My victory is not that I completed this much activity, it is that I ENJOYED this much activity.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a lot to do, and it is thrilling that you enjoyed all of it as well! You're doing wonderful.
  • 808malia
    Options
    So this is a totally different kind of NSV, but today I found out I am pregnant!!! I am so excited about starting this new chapter of my life :Dtt1c27a6.aspx