November Chit Chat

Options

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I could two Martinis and I'm not even sick ;-)
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »

I like you. Martinis are my feeling fancy drink :smile:
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Yeah, because you never have to buy them for yourself. :wink:

• MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    crabada wrote: »

Yeah, because you never have to buy them for yourself. :wink:

Oohh! Life's good being a lady of leisure/the night :sunglasses:
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I like dirty martinis :wink:
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I like dirty martinis :wink:

Obviously. :)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    krokador wrote: »
    In other news, I'm taking the plane tomorrow...

"The plane" has me thinking you have your own private plane that you're just going to take out for a bit tomorrow. You know, no biggie.

It's a paper plane with wings made out of seagull feathers. Very classy ;P

Ya'll talking about being sick and I feel ike I've been in bed for like a day since I left haha. It's hard to get used to someone else's schedule. I'm all out of whack. I barely managed to do some mobility crap this morning. But I have all these bodyweight workouts I can do, not going to be a blob all day!

Maybe a few more minutes or hours, though...
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options

Awesome! It also makes you care less about being sick once you get there.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Glad I don't get sick often. Two coworkers were sick recently, ones that tend to call in once every couple of months or more. We work in a place that is focused around the pharmacy part of the store, so tend to do things like handle money from sick people. But I rarely get sick. *shrugs*

It's nice to have this group to chat on and for accountability. I also post when I work out on a writing group on sparkpeople.com for accountability but the only one who posts as well is in her 80's, which is fine but she doesn't always understand things. Like she makes comments about how you could get big bones from lifting and calls squats "squarts". She tries and is in physical therapy so her idea of weights are based off things from that. Good to post cause I know if I don't someone will wonder why I stopped posting but limited in the help and understanding when I say things about OHP or bench failing.

Glad to have a rest day. New class with squats and such combined with 8 hour shift last night has me a bit tired. Plus having to move around crates of milk didn't help. The vendor keeps placing the stacks by the freezer door and not the actual spot for the milk so then I have to pull the tall stack closer to put it away. One was too tall and heavy to pull so I had to get one down, using my chest to help support the weight of 6 gallons of milk cause I was too lazy to use the stepstool to get some of them out of the crate first. More lifting tomorrow.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options

I **KNEW** IT! I'm totally sending this to everyone I know who scoffed at my theory. :smiley:

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    in related news, i don't seem to be actually sick. touch wood. crabada, are you better yet?
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I'm so glad you're not sick! And I'm definitely on the upswing. Lungs are a little crabby and I still have that 1/2 stuffy head, but I'm not dragging quite as much as I was. Thanks for checking in. xo
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Just because :smiley:

314.jpg?w=780
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    *announcement* dawn embers has the cutest avatar going right now.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Not on topic, but I got a deep tissue massage yesterday. It was soooo nice. Really intense at times but I feel like she freed up stuff that's been tight for a long time. My legs especially feel much more, well, functional today than they have in a while. I'm looking forward to my next lifting day to see if holding my form is easier on the squats. Unfortunately I have to work both days this weekend, so that might not be until next week.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    @crabada‌ I'm so glad you got my Christmas card!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    *announcement* dawn embers has the cutest avatar going right now.

*blushes*

Aww thanks. I used to have dwarf hamsters years ago and they are so little and fluffy, decided a picture of one would work for now so I can at least have something there.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    @crabada‌ I'm so glad you got my Christmas card!

BAHAHAHAHAHA. You freaking crack me up!
  • canadianlbs
    edited December 2014
    Options
    oy. i'm taking this worksite-massages thing for all i can get, but i have to admit that in some ways i regret the good ol' days where everything was wound up so tight i couldn't feel a thing. it makes me wonder if everyone is the kind of high-functioning mess that i'm starting to see myself as, or if i'm just an especially horrible case.

i'll mention though, that if i ever do get repulsively rich, i know what i'm going to do. i'm going to hire me as many massage therapists as it takes, and get them to just keep working on me in rotating squads, until something gives way. 24 hours ought to about do the trick. i'll nap in between times, and someone can crouch underneath the face-pad part and hold up a protein shake with a straw in it for me to drink from.

i mean, just logical curiosity here. surely, if you knew what you were doing and you kept it up FOREVER, something would have to let go. it's the same principle as the thousand monkeys and the thousand typewriters, right?