Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One Month on Keto (Pics)

2»

Replies

• 5Lloyd90
    5Lloyd90 Posts: 12 Member
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
  • shannondurm
    shannondurm Posts: 2 Member
    truelove7 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone!
    Yesterday was my one month keto-versary, so I thought I'd share my results. When I was first starting out, I scoured the internet looking for proof that this works, so now I'm giving back.

I have kept my carbs <20g daily and have lost about 13 pounds since I started. I haven't been strict about counting calories, but have been really strict about carbs. I drink whiskey almost every day and have really enjoyed trying new recipes and being able to eat like a king, er, queen! I've been totally content and have not cheated, not even on Thanksgiving. The pain and stiffness in my joints is GONE and I feel emotionally happier than I've felt in years.

For reference, here are my stats:
    37 years old, 5'8" tall
    Keto SW: 306 CW: 293

Now, it's only 13 pounds but I've lost a total of about 15 inches. I made some comparison pics as proof.
    5d7pvy6hq8y7.jpg

fdvujdak30uy.jpg

Can you tell a difference?

• shannondurm
    shannondurm Posts: 2 Member
    You look great hun. Is this diet low carb and low sugar? I'm a wine drinker is whiskey better??
  • mimibmj
    mimibmj Posts: 2 Member
    Awesome!
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Nice job!
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Thanks to everyone! To answer a few questions:

@snooziebunny: An average day's food is:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled or fried with cheese and 4-6 pieces of bacon
    Lunch: Low Carb Cheeseburger (No bun, tomato or ketchup) from Hardees or Wendy's and a side salad with full fat dressing.
    Dinner: Cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with asparagus or broccoli.

I'm not much of a snacker but if I get hungry inbetween meals, I'll eat a cheese stick or pepperoni.

@shannondurm, this is a way of eating that is low carb and high fat. My diet macros are 75/20/5, F/P/C. I'm not super strict with my macros but make sure that my carb intake is less than 20g net a day. I drink wine and whiskey...whatever you drink, just make sure you count it in your macros. If I drink wine, I make sure I count the carbs. If I drink whiskey I make sure to count the calories.
  • ginaluo
    ginaluo Posts: 7 Member
    awesome!
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Ok - a month later - got an update on your pictures?
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Totally Inspirational! Thank you!