Any June 2015 Moms?

Options
Hi, I'm new to the group. My name is Charity. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and due June 11th. Anyone else? This is my first baby, first pregnancy. I'm already really overweight so I'm trying to maintain and not gain a whole lot of weight with this baby. I'm still so nervous I don't feel like I'm excited yet....

Replies

• Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a June 2015 Mom...coming out to the crowd next week probably at 10 weeks. I'm due June 9th. This is my third pregnancy, so I've been around the block a few times;) Welcome to the club- it's exciting!
    What are you nervous about? The weight gain? Miscarriage? It's normal to be nervous your first time around but you'll be fine! Let me know if I can help in any way:)
  • Jillsie11
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Any other June due dates out there??? Let's join together!!!:)
    Share your due dates, fitness goals and other details you wanna share!
    As for me, I'm almost 12 weeks along, due June 9th with number 3! Hope to keep my weight gain around 30 like my second pregnancy:)
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I am due June 10th, 2015. Looks like we will be delivering right about the same time! This is my first baby, and my husband and I are very excited. My doctor told me to gain 25-30 pounds, I sure hope I don't gain more lol. I am still very active, running 25 miles a week and doing strength training twice a week. I think I am one of those lucky women who does not get morning sickness or food aversions at all, so far my pregnancy has been very pleasant. I am in a perpetual state of hunger though. I joke that I must be having a boy because the only other person who is this hungry all the time is my husband.

Add me to your FL if you'd like. And congratulations!
  • Runningmischka
    Options
    Any other June mommies? Just bumping the thread :)
  • penguinlibrarian
    penguinlibrarian Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    June 25th! :)
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    June 24th. Last week I finally started exercising again - I had to take several weeks off just because of being too tired, too nauseous, too whatever. During this time I also couldn't eat a vegetable if my life depended on it, so trying to get those better eating habits back.
  • CortneyH1004
    CortneyH1004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, New(ish) here (at least as being pregnant)! I am due June 4th with #2. Now that I'm in 2nd trimester I finally feel like I can actually choose what I want to eat, rather than my unsettled stomach make the choice. I am 25lb overweight to begin with so hoping to keep at an average of 2lb -3lb gain per month for the next 6 months. Being 34yr old, I know losing the baby weight will not be as easy. I'm trying to stick to roughly 1550 calories per day. I'm hoping to use mfp to keep the weight gain in moderation!
  • katigee90
    katigee90 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm due June 4th with my first baby! I deleted my old account and started this new one. Using MFP to keep track of what I eat and hopefully to keep me eating healthy. I'd really love to have other June buddies, so please send me a friend request if the fancy strikes! :smiley:
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    Up 6 pounds as of Friday and will be 16 weeks this Tuesday...seems a little high to me, but maybe I'm delusional:) I didn't keep track of the week-by-week gains with my other pregnancies. Just knew the totals. But I'm still one pound below my STARTING pregnancy weight with both my daughters. So, I'll take it:)
    Other than that, feeling great now that I'm into the second trimester. Love feeling the first kicks/movements, and am ready for the holiday temptations to be gone!:)
  • Runningmischka
    Options
    Jillsie11 wrote: »
    Up 6 pounds as of Friday and will be 16 weeks this Tuesday...seems a little high to me, but maybe I'm delusional:) I didn't keep track of the week-by-week gains with my other pregnancies. Just knew the totals. But I'm still one pound below my STARTING pregnancy weight with both my daughters. So, I'll take it:)
    Other than that, feeling great now that I'm into the second trimester. Love feeling the first kicks/movements, and am ready for the holiday temptations to be gone!:)

I am up 5-7 pounds from my SW, and I am in my 16th week as well. My doctor said this gain is average for how far along I am. In fact, she wouldn't mind if I gained a little more. So I would not worry about it too much. Are you going to find out what you are having? :)

• Jillsie11
    edited December 2014
    Options
    [quote="I am up 5-7 pounds from my SW, and I am in my 16th week as well. My doctor said this gain is average for how far along I am. In fact, she wouldn't mind if I gained a little more. So I would not worry about it too much. Are you going to find out what you are having? :) [/quote]

Well that's reassuring!!! I gained 40 with my first, and 30 with my second...obviously, I'd like to stick closer to gaining 30 :)
    We actually are NOT finding out this time...we did with both our girls, so we deciced to try something different this time around. Especially because we might be disappointed if we see another girl in an ultrasound picture, but we definitely won't be disappointed if we find out it's another girl as we are holding her!
    Are you finding out?

• Runningmischka
    Options
    I did not want to find out, but my husband was adamant about knowing as soon as possible. So I gave in with one condition: this time we will find out, but if we are ever having a second child, I'll get my way then :) Anyway, we found out this Thursday it's a girl! I am stoked and cannot wait to meet her :D
  • ahannum31
    ahannum31 Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi I'm Amy & Just joined. I'm 15 weeks (almost) and due around June 24. It's our fourth baby and we find out in 2 weeks whether it'll be a boy or a girl :)
    Jillsie- We didn't find out with #3 and it was fun, but I was ready to schedule an ultrasound just to KNOW by the end, lol!
    I'm also up about 5 pounds, depending on the day. I am active- get to the gym 3-4 times/week and do RIPPED, Zumba and the elliptical if I miss a class, but prefer the social of the class. :) Plus, I know my instructors will notice if I'm not there & one is a good friend.
    I did have to take a week off about 2 weeks ago due to some spotting which has resolved so getting back to it feels good!
  • clkdt
    clkdt Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Everybody, my name is Cinthia. I'm due on June 22. Had lost 25 pounds prepregnancy.. was still overweight after said weight loss (185 lbs for a 5'3" height was only my half way point. I wanted to lose another 20-25 lbs). I went up 12 lbs the first 14 weeks ... my doctor is totally fine with it but I'm not. I was exhausted up until Christmas and could only stand to eat carbs and dairy due to nausea. .. so that explained a lot of the weight gain! I'm trying to maintain my weight now that I have energy again and started craving veggies and fruits! I am sooooo excited to feel like myself again! Anybody in the same boat? I would like to gain a total of 20 lbs overall since I am overweight.. hopefully maintain the weight all the way til delivery. I'm going to start exercising soon. Is this too much?? Dr isn't concerned with weight, just as long as I'm eating well and taking prenatal vitamins.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm due June 11th also. This will be our first. We've been told we're having a girl, but I think it was too early to be sure (that was at 13 weeks) so I'm not counting on it just yet!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. I'm due June 9 with my second, and I already know it's going to be another boy! (Had the Harmony test because I am over 35.) So far I've gained about four pounds, much less than this point in my last pregnancy. I was about 20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant, so I am hoping to stay under a 30-lb. weight gain if I can. I gained a ridiculous amount during my last pregnancy, so I am really hoping to not repeat that.

I've been waiting patiently for the alleged second-trimester energy boost, but then I came down with an awful, awful cold so that sucked. I ran a bunch in my first tri, including a half-marathon! I am contemplating signing up for a spring half, but I need to get back into my running schedule before I get too ambitious. I also have been doing prenatal yoga classes and DVD workouts at home-- I like Element Yoga, Lindsay Brin's Pregnancy 3-Pack, Summer Sanders and a few others.
  • Runningmischka
    Options
    Great to see all the June mommies! :) I hope everyone is doing well so far!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    How's everyone's morning sickness going? Mine hit hard at 7 weeks and when I was told it was likely to last through week 16 or 18, I thought I would never get through it! I'm a couple days shy of 17 weeks now, and feeling better about 80% of the time. Seems like every time I tell my husband I'm feeling better I get hit with another several days of horrible nausea and vomiting! But at least I don't feel like death all day, every day anymore!
    Curious as to what worked for you all to get you through the nausea.
  • ahannum31
    ahannum31 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That stinks! Mine has pretty much passed (15 weeks today). I got the sea bands and those helped a lot.
  • Runningmischka
    Options
    Sorry, I am no help with this problem :| I had zero nausea/morning sickness. I hope it gets better soon!