Weekly Post 28/12/14 - 03/01/15

Options

Replies

• jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Haven't posted for a while. Have not weighed for 10 days. Will brave the scales and accept my new starting point on Friday. Yesterday was my 50th birthday so did the eat drink and be merry thing all over again. Tomorrow we are going to my Mum's for a late birthday/ new year festivity. Fri 2nd Jan will be the end of 2weeks of moderate excess ( if there is such a thing). We'll be back home and I'll be desparate for a quiet fasting day!
    See you all about then. Happy NewYear!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    My closed diary is not showing on my feed, so I guess my fast was successful.... Netting about 100cals due to snow shoe tour.
    Just had dinner, still a little hungry so drinking tea!
    I waited until 16h to eat something, which is the longest I've gone. Had dinner at 18h30.
    So all in all a very fast good day. Just have to make it through the next 3h until bedtime.
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Woo boo, way to go flumi!

Speaking of scales, I'm the same scale number for the last two days (yesterday was after a fast day, today was not) and I was pleasantly surprised! Used to a small spike after a non fast day.

Does anyone use the app TrendWeight?
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @uptight- Just a small step-up from a McDonald's, but still a fast food chain drive-thru place with "Southern Style" chicken sandwiches (aka fried and buttered bun), waffle fries, milkshakes, etc. Seriously, the food is not life-changing or amazing, but it has a cult-like following among my co-workers haha. Seriously, just putting a reasonable boundary on it is already giving me piece of mind. If I want it, I can work it into my plan- but I need to think of it like other things like desserts, ice cream, etc- it's a "luxury", not an everyday thing lol.
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @thecarbmonster! I will be living in Connecticut next year for a few months (currently in Australia), I will look out for them but maybe not go inside!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Flunked Fast day :s ! Thought my "dragon roll" would be the same as regular sushi, but it was draggin calories with it. So I said " F This" and ate some fudge!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well Dragons need to make fire...to make fire, they need extra energy :p

Don't worry about it.
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve everybody! I didn't sleep at all and was still up at 530am with back pain. Luckily I was able to get a massage appointment to help loosen up my back before the wedding this evening. I have a feeling I won't be up much later than the countdown lol!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone!

I won the contest! ...the super secret one, you know...as to who could gain the most weight over the holidays... so fork over my prize... loo...oo...ah...oosers! <doing the loser dancing>

No worries, tomorrow is a new year and I'm planning to get my left butt cheek removed (I'm not as skilled with it as my right)...my doctor says it should have minimal affect on my cognitive ability... that should be 150 lbs, maybe even a deuce right there.
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    2015 here this morning. Happy New Year everyone and congrats to @Oricam! ;-)
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ;) Orlcam---I may give you a run for your money on that prize, only I haven't been able to brave the scales either. Holiday+Period=Weight gain....
    My fast day yesterday turned Into a non fast day as well and I'm pretty much going to wait until my schedule returns to start fasting. I will however do my best to stay in calorie range.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    New year new start.
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    Just wanted to share pics from the wedding yesterday when I was excited to wear the same dress again, but 45 pounds less. No good full body pics for this year unfortunately and don't have any comparison pics from last year either (because I hid from the camera or threatened my friends haha), but still wanted to share and thank all of you for helping me get here, especially mentally!

yc3w0wy6bz12.jpg
    sicc03hl19p6.jpg

I guess this one would count as a comparison- not the same dress, but another wedding from last year lol. I believe 325ish range...

72v12hep13x8.jpg

• chiccam
    Options
    Beautiful! Nice job on all your hard work!
  • flumi_f
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Carbi, you are a beautiful woman!Such a lovely face!
    And I see a big difference in weight and confidence levels in the pics! So happy for you :):):)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    It was so nice reading everyone's posts. So I got on the scale this morning :o shock and horror!! 173lbs ... And I started 5:2 in September at 175.9. (so I win the prize for almost being back where I started...in your face orlcam!) :|:\:|

And just last week I was at 165.7!!!

Okay so numbers from the year...

Last January = 186
    This January = 173

Total year loss = 13lbs

Next year will be better, but I will be thankful for the loss I've had.
  • orlcam
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Carbi, you are a beautiful woman!Such a lovely face!
    And I see a big difference in weight and confidence levels in the pics! So happy for you :):):)
    +1 100% agree, your smile I've always found disarming.

Congrats!

• orlcam
    edited January 2015
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    It was so nice reading everyone's posts. So I got on the scale this morning :o shock and horror!! 173lbs ... And I started 5:2 in September at 175.9. (so I win the prize for almost being back where I started...in your face orlcam!) :|:\:|

And just last week I was at 165.7!!!

Okay so numbers from the year...

Last January = 186
    This January = 173

Total year loss = 13lbs

Next year will be better, but I will be thankful for the loss I've had.
    Ack...I think at least 5 lbs of that is going to fly off of you with 2 weeks of fasting.

I still don't know my final number, and I'm thinking of not looking until after 2 or 3 fasts, right after x-mas I was up almost 20 lbs from my lowest...ugh...celebrating the new year with some self loathing...and leftovers.

One of the reasons I haven't posted much (still reading everything)...I feel a bit like a hypocrite giving advice at this point. Haven't logged, haven't been drinking lots of water, lost my daily streak at 148...totally fell apart by not heeding my own advice.

Working on getting this train back on the tracks...big project almost done, meaning big source of stress about to vanish. Now I'z gots to get paid!

• flumi_f
    Options
    Sorry to hear, you are not in a grand place, Orlcam!! You can come here and vent, whenever you need to.

And none of us are perfect. We all fall back into our old habits from time to time. It doesn't really matter if someone has 50 - 100 - 200 lbs to lose. The mind games are the same.

And the carbloaded holidays sure make it easy to stumble! Though they are yummy, they can cause bloat and mood swings and lots more.

You're not a hypocrite. Just because you know what needs to be done, doesn't mean you are in the right mindset or emotional state to do it. Just try to come here regularly so you don't lose complete touch with the goals, you have set for yourself.

And know, that we are here to listen and support you, even when your are not up to joking.

• chiccam
    Options
    I love reading everyone's comments. None of you are alone or unique in this experience. In July I lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks doing 5:2 beautifully and running a ton. Now I'm up 20 lbs from that (inactivity and not giving a crap about anything) but I'm still confident in my ability to do 5:2.
    I agree that checking in here will keep you on track and committing to a food or exercise goal.
    I'm so ready to be back at work because it's so easy for me to do this when I have a routine.

Peace out.