Leaving Foot Prints

Options
I love the idea of being accountable....

Lexbubbles your challenge sounds great although I am not at the point of tracking time ;) .... Just another thing ;) in my already too busy day :) Possibly I will join you on the next time around.

I do however have a way of leaving foot prints without thinking about it.

Would anyone else be interested in "Leaving Foot Prints"

I am going to challenge myself to 10K per day.

You can challenge yourself to any amount of foot prints per day.

We can track per day. Once you reach your 10K goal, and have reached 3 days of consecutive 10K days. Up the amount by 1000 foot prints. Each time you hit that next level for 3 days boost it again.

Example of Tracking

Goal: 10K
Foot Prints Left Today: 3,439

The basic goal is the slow and steady path to moving more.

Anyone is welcome to join :) at any time.

This will be the thread for "leaving your foot prints" as we travel in space and time if you please.

I believe everything is "Wibbly Wobbly" and will sort itself out :)

Replies

• kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    great idea!!
  • frazz007
    frazz007 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am tracking with a fit bit and this might be a motivator.
  • Emilina79
    Emilina79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like this idea!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh that's a good idea! Unfortunately I don't have any kind of pedometer, fitbit, whatever so I have no idea how many steps I've taken (I walked .8 miles this morning but as to how many steps that was I couldn't say).

But best of luck to everyone taking part! See y'all on the other side ;)
  • Emilina79
    Emilina79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    Oh that's a good idea! Unfortunately I don't have any kind of pedometer, fitbit, whatever so I have no idea how many steps I've taken (I walked .8 miles this morning but as to how many steps that was I couldn't say).

If you have an IPhone, you will have a built in pedometer which MFP allows you to link so will update auto for you.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Emilina79 wrote: »

If you have an IPhone, you will have a built in pedometer which MFP allows you to link so will update auto for you.

No built-in one on the iPhone 4. I'd have to download one, but it wouldn't count any steps I take inside unless I'm holding my phone at all times (contrary to what my friends will say, I don't do that) so it's comparatively useless and would miss a bunch of stuff. That, and apps often register 'steps' if you simply move the phone so... not even remotely accurate compared to an actual pedometer.

tl;dr if I went and downloaded a pedometer app I still wouldn't be any closer to knowing how many steps I take in a day.
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Today's footprints were 2,786 (lazy day at home today didn't get a chance to go out). Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Enjoy yourself LexBubbles.. :) we all work in mysterious ways :)
  • walking_woman
    Options
    I know I will have to get myself outside today to create any foot prints. So far it has been a lazy morning. I trust everyone has had a wonderful New Years Eve :)
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love this idea, I would love to get a fit bit so i can track steps, but I want to prove to myself that I am on track first, so once I get the first 5 LBS off maybe a Fit bit will be my reward!!
  • lesamcgarity
    Options
    Love this idea. I'm using a Jawbone Up that I found on EBay for $30. My steps won't seem like much at first since I'm recovering from my 4th foot surgery and just started weight bearing this week but need to increase my steps every day.
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll join you on this challenge. I walk on the beach with my dog most mornings and use my Garmin Vivofit to count steps. Yesterday was 10270.
  • walking_woman
    Options
    Welcome everyone. Yesterday I left 5,353 foot prints. Today has been a do nothing day. I may hit 100 on record. I did not carry my phone. My average is 5k. Although I will own up to 100 foot prints and know I have to pick up my phone :)

Btw. Happy New Year :)
  • walking_woman
    Options
    Love this idea. I'm using a Jawbone Up that I found on EBay for $30. My steps won't seem like much at first since I'm recovering from my 4th foot surgery and just started weight bearing this week but need to increase my steps every day.

Any movement is good :). I trust you heal well.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I hope to have my fitbit charge in the mail tomorrow and can join you on this. I did walk/jog 2 miles tonight on the treadmill, we have had rain all day!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. 12,132 steps today 1/1
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am going to start walking at lunch, no matter how cold it may be. I get paid for 3hrs a week of PT time and I have not been using it in a few months. We have been so busy. Then hit the gym at night for weight training!
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    2/1 13652 steps
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    2 Jan: 9617
  • lesamcgarity
    Options
    Jan. 2 - 3,892