Leslie Sansone January 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,451 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    January Goal: 75
    1/1-Walkmeter Tracked Walk and interval run with my son :heart: in The Hague-4.02 miles total
    1/2-Walkmeter Tracked Walk in The Hague-4.04 miles=8.06 miles total

bandit-Having lost those first 100 pounds, the last 46 know they are not long for this world! I suspect they are looking for a new home right now away from you and your walking "pounds zapper!" :laugh:

tobybears-I was 60 when I started as well. 10 pounds at a time is a great way to lose 50 pounds. It is very motivating so go for it!!!! :wink:

coepeters- you will find lots of motivation among all of the Leslie walkers in reaching your goal.

shauser-menopause is deadly for weight gain, but many of us here have defeated it and you will too! We will cheer you on!

jamndyl-great DVDs! I love the Belly Blaster Walk as it is a great workout in a short amount of time.

Alex-Those 0 degrees C days are certainly chilly but so "invigorating" when you want to take a walk :laugh:. Enjoy!

Walk Strong everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • zichab
    Options
    While I won't be participating in the Jan 2015 LS Walk Challenge, I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year, and let you know I will be cheering you on!!!! :

Glad you are back Sue-I missed you! Cheering everyone on is participating and we love that! Happy New Year to you as well!
    Brenda :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Friday: (1.2) 4 miles: Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles DVD

4 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise.

My goal for January: 2-3miles or 30-45 minutes 6 days a week.

So far: 7 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise

:flowerforyou:
  • tmrtynan
    tmrtynan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will try for 125 miles in January.

Jan 1, 3/125 miles

Jan 2, 5 miles 8/125 miles

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies!!! I took the holidays off and didn't lose a thing, but didn't gain so that's good. I am back at it now. Today I bought 3 more Leslie dvds. I bought the party and radio remixes and the 10 mini walks. Love the 2 remixes! did both today with my son! The remixes are 3 mile walks with HIIT. FUN!!!!

5 Advanced Miles total with Leslie
    3 Just Walk Party Songs
    3 Just Walk Radio Remixes

16 Miles with Leslie to date

4 outdoor miles today

6 outside miles total

22 miles total / goal 150
  • texasgardnr
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zichab: awesome running in the Hague with your son!! That must be so much fun :) !

Welcome Pamela_June! So glad that you found us. Yes! having DVDs to use during inclement weather is one of the perks of Walking at Home :) There are several of us in our 60s who walk in these challenges. I was also in my 60s when I discovered Leslie ;) .

Thank you Alex, for the kind words. They are appreciated. Being just above zero is mighty cold for my neck of the woods. It is quite cold here now, for us, and it is :noway: suppose to be going down to (gulp) a low of in the high 20s this coming week.

Happy New Years to you also, Sue. Thank you for cheering us on :drinker:

Corrinehenson, I'm happy that you found your way back to the group!! Welcome again :)

tmrtynan, welcome to the Walk at Home Group's monthly challenge! You are adding up those miles (*) .

Bandit, what a good report on your progress o:) Thank you for sharing. Those remix DVDs are fun walks!

I'm so happy to see many of our previous walkers come back for 2015, and new people find us also :) What a nice group we are gathering for January!

• pudgyat55
    pudgyat55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired by many posts. I have got to get serious! I am 57, recently diagnosed Diabetes and seronegative spondyloarthritis and employed full time as a teacher. I have just started using Leslie's DVDs, so I'm setting my goals low, but something I can achieve. I'm going to strive for at least 20 mi this month!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    pudgyat55 wrote: »
    I'm inspired by many posts. I have got to get serious! I am 57, recently diagnosed Diabetes and seronegative spondyloarthritis and employed full time as a teacher. I have just started using Leslie's DVDs, so I'm setting my goals low, but something I can achieve. I'm going to strive for at least 20 mi this month!

Welcome pudgyat55! So happy that you found us since you have just started using Leslie walks and especially in light of your recent diagnosis. I do hope that walking with us encourages and helps you to meet your health and fitness goals

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st 3 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 2nd 3 miles 3 Mile Walk
    Jan 3rd 2 miles Belly Blasting Walk
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    21/75
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    4 Fast Miles today (13/50 so far). Hoping to get another 5 miles in tomorrow before I head back to school on Monday.
  • zichab
    Options
    1/1-Walkmeter Tracked Walk and interval run with my son :heart: in The Hague-4.02 miles total
    1/3-Walkmeter Tracked Walk-strolling with my granddaughter :smile: 2.31 miles=10.37 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    3 Advanced Miles total with Leslie

19 Miles with Leslie to date

5 outdoor miles today

11 outside miles total

30 miles total / goal 150

Happy Walking!!!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Saturday: (1.3) "Total Body Walk" premix of 5 mini walks from the Walk Blasters DVD

0 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

5 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise.

My goal for January: 2-3miles or 30-45 minutes 6 days a week.

So far: 7 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 5 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise

Walk Happy :laugh: y'all!

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    11/75
    I did the American Heart Associations 3 Mile Walk.
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Just checking in for the day. Hope you ladies have a great Sunday!

1 mile of the Walk Slim DVD

5/50
  • sissykk
    sissykk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group but have several of the DVDs. My goal is 10 miles per week minimum.
  • zichab
    Options
    1/3-Walkmeter Tracked Walk-strolling with my granddaughter :smile: 2.31 miles=10.37 miles total
    1/4-Walkmeter Tracked Walk-strolling with my granddaughter :smile: 3.52= 13.89 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • KnittingRing
    Options
    Happy new year, walkers! I'm in for 60 pounds this month. I am 8/60 so far for January. I am also thinking of doing some shopping for a new WATP DVD (or 2) -- just something to mix it up. I wish I still had my old VHS set with the weighted balls. I loved that set!

Happy walking into 2015!
  • Nancy5904
    Options
    May I join your group? I do have 5 Leslie Sansone DVDs but also track my steps with Fitbit.

Since new my goals for January is 10 miles weekly using LS DVDs and on days not using LS dvds tacking 7000 steps a day. Big goals for currently little activity.

2015 is my year! I need to lose 100 lbs and could use your encouragement. Thanks!!
    :D
    Nancy