Weekly Post - 04/01/15 - 10/01/15

Options

Replies

• angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! Gonna start checking in here :-) Returned home from my super long vacation/break on Saturday. Decided to kickstart the New Year (and flush the body) with a good long fast, 48 hours water only. It felt wonderful, after the first day I wasn't hungry at all, but had this nausea that wouldn't go away, so broke fast at right around the 48hour mark with some lentil soup, then went to bed and did two more 500 calorie days after. I find it REALLY hard to eat enough calories on my up days after fasting. Need to work on that.

I think the reason I've been stalling the last few months is my net calories for the week just aren't high enough, along with being too sedentary due to my knee and shoulder injuries and well, just plain being lazy. 2015 is my year to ramp up the exercise. Clearing out the Christmas tree this weekend, to make room for my new workout room that will taking over the living room in our house!

Wishing you all a happy start to the new year!!
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Angelamb - am new to all this, but it doesn't seem to me like you're eating enough which will send your metabolism plummeting and your body will begin to turn muscle into energy, which definitely won't help you recover from knee and shoulder injuries.

I have only just finished my third FD today and I found it the hardest so far. Just recovering from a run/walk with a protein shake and will have my remaining calories shortly.

I also find it hard to eat enough calories after my first two FDs, but that high calorie foods such as avocado and nuts help and they put good fats into your diet too. After my first FD I even resorted to dipping bread into olive oil as a snack.

If you don't already, then it's worth doing a food diary for a while whilst you get back into the swing of things.

Also, be kind to yourself! Coming back to fitness from injuries takes time - trick is to work out what you can realistically do and not dwell on what you can't. (Says the woman who had knee surgery last year and is desperately trying to get back into running).

Well done to all who have completed FDs today and hoping those on FDs tomorrow breeze through them.
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @nanananananafatwoman, I love your user name!
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, good to see some new posters on here. I know what you mean about not being hungry much after fasting but as I like a wine or two at night, I manage to use up all the calories. Not that I count them on NF days. I have been sleeping a lot too the last couple of days which I wasn't before. Fasting tomorrow. Hoping that it isn't hard, it wasn't before xmas, but keen to weigh in on Friday. With being hungry and tired, something must be going on!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Fast day for me today. And it's dinner time :p .... Just finished dinner, yum yum. Angel hair pasta with peas and prawn tomato sauce. Finished my fast just under 600. Joy...eating normally tomorrow :D .
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Hoping for some sun instead of fog tomorrow, then a little walk would do me good.

Just keep yourself warm out during your walk. Get well soon.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Good job on the fast, snaps!

No walk for me today, snaps. Left work at 10 feeling ill and spent the rest of the day in bed. Really hope I can shake this soon. Would be easier if I actually had a fever, then it's usually over in a few days. My homemade veggie soup I made for dinner was yummy though and will keep me warm the next few days.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    smaps: Great fast day..... It is also a fasting day for me but it is only 12:44 pm here. So I have a way to go yet. I'm going to have a personal size frozen pizza that has only 350 calories total for the whole thing. Plus I made a muffin that had 208 cals. for lunch for a total of 558 for today.
    I even got on my treadmill today for 30 mins. So this is going to be one of my best fast days so far. I usually end up eating around 700. My next FD is this Friday.

flumi: Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling any better yet. Your veggie soup sounds like the best thing to have when you are not feeling well. Take care of yourself.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Had to remind myself to look at my weight differently again. I track highest and lowest per week and though it's nice to see those "lowest" numbers each week, what matters is really the "high" number that tracks my weight fluctuations. Even though I haven't seen my "low" number from the week before Christmas again, I have "maintained" that high number of 297ish (ranging from 293 to 297 the past few weeks). That is a whole different type of win during the holiday season.

Even though I'm a bit frustrated I didn't hit my goal of 50 pounds down before NYE (that 290- 49 pounds down from before Christmas was a tease!), I have to remember it's just a dumb number on the scale! Instead of letting that "290" number tease me any longer, my goal is to get that high number under 295 and keep it there.

I'm a bit nervous tomorrow I have my first assessment read-out at my new job (it's technically for a year, but I've only been here 6 months). Not nervous about my job performance, but nervous to interface with a higher-up I don't know well. Just putting my nervousness out there and now I'll focus on the positives and get my confidence up! Got to let it go so I can make room for confidence haha.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Finished my two fast days. Now on to the hard part of sticking to my TDEE. Let's go!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Good job jknight!

Carb - no need to be too nervous! Just think of the higher-up as just another colleague. I'm sure, you'll do well! Just smile like on your last photo and you've gottem' in the bag!
  • jknight001
    Options
    I'm a bit nervous tomorrow I have my first assessment read-out at my new job (it's technically for a year, but I've only been here 6 months). Not nervous about my job performance, but nervous to interface with a higher-up I don't know well. Just putting my nervousness out there and now I'll focus on the positives and get my confidence up! Got to let it go so I can make room for confidence haha.

Just remember all the hard work you have done over last fall and are continuing to do it. Not many people stick with this journey. It is long and hard. With that kind of persistence and determination you are an valuable resource to any company. And the truth is all of those "higher ups" underneath it all are normal people with insecurities and strengths just like the rest of us. We all bring something wonderful to the table so go get'em girl!
  • jknight001
    Options
    Just realized that the KitKat version of the Android app for MFP lets me view my groups! Now I am really glad I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab for Christmas! So excited I just had to post something using my tablet. :smiley: As you were. :wink:
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a confession, after dinner I had a skinny hot chocolate and a sugar-free sweet so about 50 cals up, so ended up being just below 700 instead of 600, but better than on a non-fast day (I have little problem eating all my calories for those days :# )
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    snaps: 700 is still a good fast in my book............
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and advice!!!

Dork moment: Anyone else practice positive affirmation? I'm not sure if that's the right term, but it's like changing any negative self-talk into positive self talk and repeating it regularly. I guess it's kind of similar to the "laws of attraction" kind of stuff (if anybody remembers the Secret haha) like attract positive things by sending out only positive things/thoughts, etc. My old therapist said we need to think of our brain like a tree and that we can make it grow or shrivel up with positive or negative thoughts.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Yup, 'cause thoughts become words and words become actions! Keep talking yourself positive!

How did it go?
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    2nd fast day today for me, I will get through it. Weigh in tomorrow. :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I think, I finally scared them all away! Feeling much better this evening and will go back to work tomorrow. I will also go into tomorrow as a fast day and see how it goes. I think, it could be a good cleanse as my digestive system is bloated from the flu infection.

Have a great Friday!
  • jknight001
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    I think, I finally scared them all away! Feeling much better this evening and will go back to work tomorrow. I will also go into tomorrow as a fast day and see how it goes. I think, it could be a good cleanse as my digestive system is bloated from the flu infection.

Have a great Friday!

So glad you are in recovery mode! :grinning:
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I was always in recovery mode, but those little buggers didn't listen to me!! :D