Paleo Reset, January 1st

Options

Replies

• sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've never made bone broth before, but I think I'm going to try it today!!! I'm also going to make Rosemary Mint Lamb Patties and Radish Jicama Tabbouli from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook. Yum :)
  • womblewoo
    womblewoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Have joined the group and will be signing in yesterday with meal plans and inspiration! As mentioned in the group I am not strict paleo more clean eating but am making the commitment to have 30 days of no alcohol (eek), no sugar, no wheat, nothing processed, but I am allowing butter, limited rye bread, feta, ricotta and halloumi......here goes!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    There is someone asking for Paleo help/friends on the main page, how do we send her a link? It is soooo hard to find groups now without the group search option!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    womblewoo wrote: »
    I'm in! Have joined the group and will be signing in yesterday with meal plans and inspiration! As mentioned in the group I am not strict paleo more clean eating but am making the commitment to have 30 days of no alcohol (eek), no sugar, no wheat, nothing processed, but I am allowing butter, limited rye bread, feta, ricotta and halloumi......here goes!

Uh, Rye bread IS wheat. :/
    vhuber wrote: »
    There is someone asking for Paleo help/friends on the main page, how do we send her a link? It is soooo hard to find groups now without the group search option!

TO send a link I open a new tab on my browser, find the group home page, then copy the address. Then in the post, there is a link symbol you can click and paste it there. You have to remove one of the http:// for it to work though, or it doesn't create the link.
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Started on Jan 2, went well the first day. I struggled with my after dinner sugar cravings, so I had a apple with almond butter and that took care of it.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    For all of us in the throws of this please read this article and enjoy.
    http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Have the "carb flu" right now! Yuck! It too shall pass!!!
  • LisaLDickerson
    LisaLDickerson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Count me in. I started Paleo mid year last year, with one month of Whole 30. It worked for me. I am down 48 lbs. with 27 lbs. to go. I was OK over the holiday, but definitely not Paleo or Whole 30. My plan: I am pretty much a paleo person (kind of a purist). Previously, I didn't even consider 'going organic', but my sister suggested Whole 30 and without thinking, I agreed, and again, being kind of a purist, I did it and it worked! I also felt so much better. Anyway, I am in!
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    Welcome Lisa
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Have the "carb flu" right now! Yuck! It too shall pass!!!

Oh no Vhuber :( hang in there. I'm just starting my reboot/detox today, so I'm sure I'll be chiming in with the "flu" symptoms.

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    So day 1 check in for me...here we go...
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Today starts day one for me. Never done paleo or whole 30.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5, I'm surprised I'm here but doing it. So it gets easier from here on out right??
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Reset day 5 here. I'm drinking 1 cup of bone broth at lunch along with 2 oz kimchi to help with "flu" symptoms. I learned last time that this helps me get enough salt and nutrients to keep me going. I took a paleo break starting October 31 (kid's candy) and gained 10 lbs in 2 months, surprised I didn't gain more with all the other crap I was eating and drinking (beer). I hated the new format on mfp but I'm over it and ready to join the discussion - you guys, this group, helped me tons with all my questions before. Where did the girl from the artic go? She always had good input. Anyway, glad to be back, here's to a healthy and happy 2015.
  • Rcarito
    Options
    Day 1 over here! Black coffee this morning actually wasn't bad!
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    feel free to join our group, the link is earlier in this post.
  • SteamClutch
    Options
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hanging strong.
    I had a tiny slip Sunday but for the most part behaving myself. :)

bi6n38qssgkn.jpg
  • redworkgirl
    redworkgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started to get cravings for chips, cheese and wine today, very strange as I started this 11 days ago and should be over that. Ate some carrots and had tea, soon will pass I'm sure.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Started to get cravings for chips, cheese and wine today, very strange as I started this 11 days ago and should be over that. Ate some carrots and had tea, soon will pass I'm sure.
    These cravings are quite normal at around the 2 week mark and beyond.Many people speak of having dreams of eating food they are not supposed to and waking up feeling as though they cheated.