cpanus Posts: 19,448 Member
I borrowed this from Maria Menovnos...A 7-Move Fat-Melting Workout

Using the heaviest weight you can.

25 Dumbbell Squats
15 Deadlifts -- knees slightly bent
10 Overhead Presses
30 Standing Curls -- tighten core as you do these
10 Close-Grip Tricep Presses -- lying on a mat
10 Leg Drops -- in a crunch position, drop toes to the mat then bring them back up
10 Crunch to Boat Pose -- crunch then extend legs and arms then back to crunch

Do this 2x with some extra cardio OR do this 3X and you are done!!

Have fun because that's what it is all about!

Let me know what you think.

Have a great week, everyone!

Chris ;)

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm off today so I decided to get the challenge done early. Completed x2. The dumbbell squats & the crunch to boat pose were the hardest for me. I need to invest in weights. I only have 3lbs & 5lbs. I used the 5lbs today. Time to move up to 8 lbs. I know it's wimpy but my upper body is pretty weak. :(

I will report back later the additional cardio once I decide what to do today. It's raining here so I will continue inside.

Chris - good workout!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,901 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kathy I agree. Crunch to boat pose? That is a new form of torture, LOL. But I loved the tricep pushups. B) Did them twice. Walked on the treadmill. Did a water change. Fed the boys and brushed my long haired cat. Lately he has been very persistent about getting special mommy time. He loves being brushed though. And he is warm. Bonus on cold evenings. <3

Great job Chris. Going to repeat these and some more treadmill tomorrow.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!

Got 60 minutes done at the gym. We covered everything on this list. We did at least 20 minutes trying different exercise while balancing on an exercise balls. It was so funny! So ungraceful! Only got 6,600 steps, but I did spend time in the dentist chair under the drill...with gas, of course!! Then I had to take a little nap because of the gas. Steps will return tomorrow.

Paula...I'm up for your 10 pound challenge. What do you have in mind?

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    I did the workout Sunday and couldn't do the crunches. So did Russian twists - wrong apparently because it tweaked my back. Not badly though. Added weights. Haven't done them in so long - really feeling it on Monday.

Didn't realize how strong I'd gotten except by what I've now lost.

Weights this week - fun! :smiley:

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula Isn't that the truth. Don't know what we have until we lose it. Hope your back is better soon.

Shelley
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Had folks over for the college championship game, had good intentions but ate too much. Waiting for plumber now. rainy today and I'm tired of the rain!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Another rainy day here. Went to the office...decided to take a rest day. Struggling...
  • cpanus
    Options
    Sorry, I can't keep my eyes open. I'm going to get my stuff together for tomorrow and go find my pillow...at 7:00 in the evening!

See you all tomorrow.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I hope you are not getting sick. :smile: :s

Cathy we have all been struggling. But we are not quitting! We have some goals to meet. So plan to succeed. B)

Clara time to get back on track after your little break. We can do this. Go play in the rain. :D

Today I had to work late. But it was over time. :p Money to put in my new aquarium jar. But since it is now 8:30 I am calling it a day. So tomorrow I am going to have to do a bit extra. Night everyone. B)

Shelley
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I am trying to get back to my basics of proper eating and consistent exercising now that the holidays are over. My son graduated from college in December and started his job as a music teacher this week. He is loving it and this job is nearby so he will be home with me this semester. He is training for another half marathon so I might be able to have a running buddy to push me to get back out there. Things are easier with a physical support/accountability person My daughter is back at college and got a fitbit for Christmas so now she challenges me for daily steps. Her walking across campus versus me at a desk job has her kicking my butt but hopefully that will get me fired up

Paula I know what you mean about not realizing how much strength/endurance we gained until we lose it. Let's build this back. We did it once we can do it again...and better this time

Chris Kathy Shelley. Y'all are so far ahead of me with exercises and consistency. I don't even know what a boat pose is; but I will look it up and do it today. Love that you all do this for us.

Clara. The weather here is just another deterrent to me to get active. I see people running in the cold and I just haven't been able to commit to it. But my 7 day forecast shows warmer days--all above freezing! Hope your rain is over. Let's get outside and get moving

Kim
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed x2 with some extra Abs, whew!

Working OT again so the gym has been non-existent. I am getting my 10k steps in at work though so that's a plus right? Super cold here so no outdoors activities for me. Although I think I am going to look into some spikes for my shoes so I can walk outside. Being cooped up inside is such a drag, UGH!

Chris I hope your feeling better soon. Sometimes a nice early bed time is just what we need.

Paula you are so right on point. I hate feeling weak after not working out for a bit. I got myself a set of kettle bells with my WalMart Savings Catcher refunds so I am working with those now.

Shelley something tells me you have pics and pages of your next set-up already, lol. I am that way with my scrap booking/crafts room. Although I must remember my extra $$ is going to pay for that prom dress, YIKES!

Time to settle in now with the Mentalist. Have a great night ladies.

Lynnette
  • zumbaforever
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kim I love your enthusiasm! I agree, let's get/keep moving. :D Hope you do get a chance to run with your son. I had a friend who ran all the time. We would go out together. Me plugging along, her running ahead then back to me. Repeat often. o:)

Lynette what weight are your kettle bells? You are going to love them. If they are not to heavy try this! Stand like an old western shooter, knees slightly bent, kettle in right hand, like a gun in a holster. Now draw, just like a pistol. Kettle should end out in front of you like you are shooting. If it is a light bell hold it out away from your hand, if heavy let the bell lay against your wrist. Hold it until your grip is shaky. Wrist bands really help.

I have planned and replanned that tank! :) I have a notebook full of plans. B) Good luck with the perfect prom dress. :D

Got in some cardio and challenge x2. Night time now.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was just exhausted...I'm over it now! Got our challenge done 2X still need a few steps. I had to put my Fitbit on the charger for a bit...it was in the red and I didn't want it to run all the way down.

We had terrible, horrible fog this morning. Couldn't even see the house next door!! Driving in it was really...NOT fun! It finally got drivable about half way to work but still heavy! Supposed to be the same tomorrow.

Shelley - I got another 10 pound and a 12 pound kettlebell last week. I'll try your quick-draw exercise!!

Kim - Just stick with it and keep moving. That's our plan!

Lynnette - Spikes sound somewhat scarey! But I agree...I can't wait for the sun to be up at least until 6:00...I could walk 5:00 to 6:00 and be really happy.

Well, ladies...I have to get back to my steps.

See you all tomorrow!

Chris

• KAR1959
    Options
    Tennis practice this evening...90 minutes. And the challenge x1. Practice was intense as we prepare for our match on Saturday.

Headed to bed.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    Bringing up the rear again - just after midnight in California. MFP thinks it's Thursday, but really, Wednesday is just wrapping up.

Did my one set workout. Also walked at work. It's a slow start, but it's a start. "Walking slowly will still do laps around the person on the couch."

:heart: Thanks for the motivation, amigos! :heart_eyes:

Paula
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Good job Paula...and I love the quote.
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been very active on this chat. It's been an emotional week as we found out last Friday that our dog is out of remission. We've stopped chemo and put her on prednasone. She has about a month left so we are making the most of the time. She's a very special part of our family as she's helped all of us through tough times. We knew this time would come but it's still hard since she is so young.

Anyways, don't want to bring you all down....I have managed to get back to the gym 3 times this week so far. I haven't done the challenge yet though. I plan on doing that tomorrow morning and on Sat. It does feel good to back into the routine and I've managed 10,000 steps in the last 3 days. I'm not going to the gym today so I have to get my steps in elsewhere. Still ridiculously cold here so I might go 'mall walking'. :smiley:

Kettlebells sounds really interesting. I have not used them before and am going to look into it. They have them at the gym so I'll try them there first and maybe get some for home.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    Mary

• cpanus
    Options
    Mary - I'm so sorry about your pup. That is heartbreaking. I'm glad you joined us.

Paula!! Glad you are here with us again!!!

Kathy - Great practice! 90 minutes is killer!

I'm headed to the gym with my DD and SIL! DH gets Bean for a while.

Work was crazy. I didn't get anything I was supposed to do done because nobody knows what they are doing!! I have a ton of new hire part-time faculty to process and can't even get close to the paperwork...EGAD!!! 75 days to go!

I'm looking at the kettlebells...cute...they are cute to look at! bwahahahah!

<3

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I love the quick draw exercise. It makes me smile.

Lynette I know they make some contraption that goes over your shoes for walking in snow and ice. Your postal workers probably know the best ones. :)

Paula you are so right. Couch potatoes never gain anything but inches. So keep walking. B)

Mary hugs to you. Also I love mall walking early before all the stores open. o:)

Cathy you rock on the court! So proud of you. :D

Ok, here is what I am planning. Treadmill, on an incline daily from here until February 20th. Here is why. I and my co-workers are challenging the police department to get the most donations and participation for the special Olympics. It is called Freezin for a Reason. There will be a pool filled with water, outside! You have to jump in with your team and run to the other side. There will be one ladder at the far end to climb out. So I must start training!

I hit up the ladies in District and Circuit court for donations. And then the judges. I have my minimum pledge already and extra to boot! The judges were most generous. B)

It was a great day. Challenges done and I am already feeling the cold! Brrrrrrrr

Shelley

• KAR1959
    Options
    Tennis practice this evening went well. Stayed on the court for 2 hours and this morning I completed the challenge. Our final match of the season is tomorrow. A win gets us to the playoffs. We still have a chance with a loss depending on the outcome of other matches.

I will let you know tomorrow evening how we did. I'm really nervous, going to take an Epsom salt bath and go to bed.

Goodnight.