Calorie Counting & Intense Fitness Group

Options

Replies

• vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for a few years. Believe me i had to work up to that weight

Hey Rockstar. Hope you have a great workout in the morning..
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Well Vanessa, I did weight lifting tonite. I only lasted 11 mins. Lol...too funny. I used 10# dumbbells.
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I feel so guilty, cause I didn't workout this morning. :\ Went to bed early last night, but still needed meds and my chest and head were not on the same page this morning. I do see a light though…feeling even just a little better than this time yesterday.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    rockstar53 wrote: »
    Ugh, I feel so guilty, cause I didn't workout this morning. :\ Went to bed early last night, but still needed meds and my chest and head were not on the same page this morning. I do see a light though…feeling even just a little better than this time yesterday.

Awe....sorry you don't feel well but glad to hear you feel a lil better today than yesterday.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Good morning teammates!!

We've had some great ideas about weekly challenges. As a intense fitness group what do you all think about doing some extra weekly challenges, as previously suggested, to help us reach our goals? This would be in addition to the weekly challenges set forth by the Lose to Win group.
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love challenges and would be in for some. I am open to new ideas and stole the list from the challenge discussion showing which ones I would be interested in and added an extra one. But, just because I am not interested in some of them, doesn’t mean you guys can’t do them without me. Go nuts. :)

Most workout minutes per week (already doing, but will do it again if we want to revisit).

Climb 10 flights of stairs all at one time. Not interested

Try a new exercise this week. It must be something you have not done in at least 6 months. New DVD, new hike, swim, bike....... etc. Interested

Eat the most servings fruits and vegetables in one day for a week - one serving equals 1/2 cup or small apple. Interested.

How many steps in a day. Not interested

Squat challenge. Not interested

Most miles challenge (can be converted into workouts for those that don't walk, jog, etc. 100 calories burned = 1 mile). Interested

Water intake. Not interested

Most calories burned during workouts (not including walking around, cleaning, etc – 100% workout time only). Interested
  • jfmp
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thought of a few more:

No dessert challenge – (ok I am going to be skimpy on this one – only 5 days without dessert) ;)

Smoothie challenge – have at least one HEALTHY smoothie (sweet or savory)/day for a week.

One day eating (technically drinking) only HEALTHY smoothies (sweet and savory – aka made with fruits and/or vegetables, nuts, seeds, protein powder [if needed], and healthy oils). This is not to starve yourself. It can easily be done without being hungry. When I do this, I generally have about 6 smoothies in a day.

2 days in a 7-day period when you do a “two-a-day”. So, you do 8 full-fledged workouts in 7 days. I am saying 8 because there should be one day off in there, somewhere.

For 6 days (I like my splurge day on day 7) in a row, consume only "healthy plates" - (at least) 1/2 of the plate is fruit and/or veg, 1/4 of the plate is lean protein, and 1/4 is whole grain.

Also, if/when we do these challenges, can we start a new discussion for each one? I also love challenges that use spreadsheets but don't trust myself to make one properly for a challenge.
  • jfmp
    Options
    We could even combine an easier fitness one with a tougher nutrition one (and vice versa) to do in a week:

Try a new exercise this week. It must be something you have not done in at least 6 months. New DVD, new hike, swim, bike AND who can eat the most servings fruits and vegetables in one day for a week - one serving equals 1/2 cup or small apple.

Most miles challenge (can be converted into workouts for those that don't walk, jog, etc. 100 calories burned = 1 mile) AND a smoothie challenge – have at least one HEALTHY smoothie (sweet or savory)/day for a week.

Most calories burned during workouts (not including walking around, cleaning, etc – 100% workout time only) AND no dessert challenge – (we only have to go 5 days in a row without dessert)

2 days in a 7-day period when you do a “two-a-day”. So, you do 8 full-fledged workouts in 7 days. I am saying 8 because there should be one day off in there, somewhere - AND for 6 days (I like my splurge day on day 7) in a row, consume only "healthy plates" - (at least) 1/2 of the plate is fruit and/or veg, 1/4 of the plate is lean protein, and 1/4 is whole grain.

One day eating (technically drinking) only HEALTHY smoothies (sweet and savory – aka made with fruits and/or vegetables, nuts, seeds, protein powder [if needed], and healthy oils). This is not to starve yourself. It can easily be done without being hungry (when I do this, I generally have about 6 smoothies in a day) AND? . ? . ?

Ok, I’ll shut up now. ;):D
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Jfmp, I love your ideas and am all for them. Thanks for sharing. I have chosen a weekly challenge for us from your list starting tomorrow. :) Here we go...

Try a new exercise this week. It must be something you have not done in at least 6 months. New DVD, new hike, swim, bike, etc AND Have at least one HEALTHY smoothie (sweet or savory)/day for a week.

Feel free to share what exercise you're doing for the week and the recipe for your smoothie(s) if you like. I'm looking into making new threads for our weekly challenges.
  • jfmp
    Options
    Thought of another challenge - Find a chore you have been putting off - preferably something physical (maybe not just cleaning out a junk drawer) - and attack it. Keep in mind that you're not only getting that job done, but you're burning calories too.
  • jfmp
    Options
    . . . And I found a few more we could transform into weekly challenges . . .

Eat three fewer bites of your meal, one less treat a day, or one less glass of orange juice.
    Wait until your stomach rumbles before you reach for food. It’s stunning how often we eat out of boredom, nervousness, habit, or frustration—so often, in fact, that many of us have actually forgotten what physical hunger feels like. If you’re hankering for a specific food, it’s probably a craving, not hunger. If you’d eat anything you could get your hands on, chances are you’re truly hungry. Find ways other than eating to express love, tame stress, and relieve boredom.

Put your fork or spoon down between every bite. At the table, sip water frequently. Intersperse your eating with stories for your dining partner of the amusing things that happened during your day. Your brain lags your stomach by about 20 minutes when it comes to satiety (fullness) signals. If you eat slowly enough, your brain will catch up to tell you that you are no longer in need of food.

Smaller plates - A healthy dinner should fit on a 9-inch plate. You may find that kid-sized plates are more appropriately sized to feed an adult!

Brush your teeth after every meal, especially dinner. That clean, minty freshness will serve as a cue to your body and brain that mealtime is over.

Take a brisk walk before lunch or dinner. Not only will you get in some exercise, you're less likely to choose something unhealthy after a little movement.

Choose a non-food oriented reward for when you have met your goal – New running shoes, new sweater, fitness device, etc

If you find yourself at a weight loss plateau, up the duration of your exercise routine by five minutes.

Take a 30-second break in the middle of your meal. Evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Ladies,

Don't forget to check out our Week 1 Fitness Challenge!! What kind of smoothies have you tried?
  • rockstar53
    Options
    Hi all, I am finally back to the land of the living. Thought I was better middle of last week, but I wasn't. I haven't had an appetite all week and finally ate 3 meals yesterday. Today I weighed in and am 3 lbs down. The hard part will be to at least maintain that as I eat proper meals again. Yesterday morning the scale showed 5 lbs lost. Its crazy what your body does when your sick, hey? I look forward to the next weigh in, as that will be a little more accurate for me! Don't feel like I should really even count this one. Good luck on your weigh ins!
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning ladies please sign or record in your first weigh in. Thanks
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    rockstar53 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am finally back to the land of the living. Thought I was better middle of last week, but I wasn't. I haven't had an appetite all week and finally ate 3 meals yesterday. Today I weighed in and am 3 lbs down. The hard part will be to at least maintain that as I eat proper meals again. Yesterday morning the scale showed 5 lbs lost. Its crazy what your body does when your sick, hey? I look forward to the next weigh in, as that will be a little more accurate for me! Don't feel like I should really even count this one. Good luck on your weigh ins!

So glad you're better hun.

• SweeteeBri
    Options
    Good morning teammates!!

If you have done so already, please weigh in. Congrats on your weight loss.

Thank you Ladies for participating in week 1. And now we move forward to week 2. Is there anything you would do differently this new week? Did you struggle with anything in week 1? Is there anything that worked for you that could help your teammates?

Let's make this a great week!!
  • rockstar53
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm sorry that I haven't been much of a teammate these last couple of weeks. I finally, finally feel like myself again and am ready to get back into this!!
    Hope you all are staying on track and getting in those workouts! The last workout I did was yoga 2 weeks ago. Yikes!
  • rockstar53
    Options
    Good Morning…just realized the weigh in is tomorrow! Yikes!
  • rockstar53
    Options
    Sorry guys. Bad choices = no weight loss. Up 2.2 pounds. I can do better. Good luck to all of you.
  • 210.4 lbs,lost 2.8 lbs this week. :)