Options
2»

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    <snip>

I melt all the above together in a big glass measuring cup, using a stick blender or my milk frother to make it smooth, then pour into silicone molds:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VPZ14Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

<snip>

Nic, Got my molds today! They look great, high quality. Will make some tomorrow...thanks for posting!

Dan the Man from Michigan

Awesome! Yeah, I was very pleased with the quality of them.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am such a lazy one when it comes to fat bombs. I slice 1 oz cream cheese off the block.
    then I stick a butter knife long way up the center. Sprinkle a wee bit of stevia. Eat it off the knife like an ice cream. The wee bit of stevia is what fits in a demitasse teaspoon tip.It would fill 1/8 tsp three times. Too much and it is awful.

Some day I will try the special fat bombs. I am afraid to have too many around. I use my cream cheese on the knife as added fat to my meal in the form of my desert.
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    stop, stop, they all sound so good. I know how I am going to get my sweet fix now.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've made several candy-like ones in the nifty molds, but my favorite right now is a lemon cheesecake bar:

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/07/lemon-cheesecake-bars-with-shortbread-crust-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

Not the simplest thing out there (first make and bake the crust, then add the filling on top and bake again) but MAN, these are a hit both at home and at potlucks at work.
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    4.00 TBSP (32g), Smooth Almond Butter
    32.00 g(s), Cream Cheese, Philadelphia Original, Brick
    32.00 g., Coconut Oil (Grams)
    64.00 g, Butter
    0.50 square (14g), Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
    15.00 drops, Stevia Clear - Liquid Stevia

I melt all the above together in a big glass measuring cup, using a stick blender or my milk frother to make it smooth, then pour into silicone molds:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VPZ14Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make perfect mini candy sized little bars.

Nutrition info:

88 calories
    9g fat
    1g carb
    1g fiber
    1g protein

This is the recipe I use - I don't really like stevia or other artificial sweetners so I subbed the 14g unsweetened chocolate for 20 g of 70% cocoa solids chocolate and omitted the stevia. I make them in ice cube trays and I get about 18 out of this quantity. Slightly higher in carbs due to the change in chocolate but still not too bad. I change the nut butter sometimes as well.

• Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just make a cheesecake recipe minus the sugar and crust and put it in mini cupcake holders (though next time I think I'm still going to do a thin crust of crushed pecans, salt and butter). I don't do artificial sweeteners either, but the cheesecake recipe is just cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and vanilla so it works great in bite size fat bombs.

I also find I love to mix a block of cream cheese with a pint of heavy whipping cream until whipped and then just eat it straight out of the tupperware. Delicious.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sailorwind wrote: »

I also find I love to mix a block of cream cheese with a pint of heavy whipping cream until whipped and then just eat it straight out of the tupperware. Delicious.

(*)