MMH's: REVAMPED

Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    in keeping with the "picture perfect" Friday (get it.. those pics from charip and Seehe are perfect - thanks ladies!!) a wee reminder heading into the weekend, that they are just another day of the week; and a chance to keep making one small step forward to our goals!

dwxwygpzv35o.jpg
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think I may be back in the saddle again!
    YES to logging 5 consecutive days!
    YES, I stayed within calorie range yesterday!
    YES, I got my water in! (though I must say that one is pretty easy for me most days)
    YES, I did my duck pond walk at least 3 times this week! (it has been 4 so far and maybe again today...)
    Great day to be had by all today!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi Snoozie,

Here are my new year's short term goals

1. get down to my goal weight of 150 by March 31
    2. add real push-ups to my routine
    3. keep adding progessive weight amounts (slow but surely approach) for my compound exercises
    4. get the 5th or 6th workout in so my fitbit report says I'm active instead of just "lightly active" (yes, I have become a slave to technology)
    5. avoid wine

So of these 5 goals I have already aced the 12 real push-ups. Definitely very challenging but it is showing - I have "pecs". I know this is something most people have been doing for years but I have always wimped out before and did "girl" push-ups instead. The 3rd and 4th goals are coming along nicely but goal 1 and 4 are going to involve all the will power I can muster.

Happy New Year and hope every one reaches their goals.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Patrice look at all those yesssss !! You rocked your goals my friend !!! And actually exceeded your walking one - yayyyyyy you!! Super effort!!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to change mine to YES!! (instead of Done)...Yes!! sounds so much more positive.

Hope you all have productive weekends.

I am a bit sad and weepy today. I had been taking my cat, Miss Priss, to the vet . She had been sick , and could hardly breathe. So I dropped her back off this morning, and she was more responsive and fighting her container...so I was optimistic that she would make it through this...and before I could get to work, they had called , she had died....The assistant said when she put her back in the cage, she was in trauma...and collasped. I believe she was so scared with me leaving her there and we weren't there with her like before , that it was too much for her...in her weakened state.. I know she is better off, but I can't help but think she would be here ,if I had asked to stay with her.... thanks for listening. : (
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Oh Gail---I am sooooo sorry :'( sending you a pm
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My plan is to get my water in (72ozs min), Protein (60gms min) and purposeful movement - regardless of the job - this weekend. Here is to success.
    -
  • charip
    charip Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Gail to hear of your loss. It's devastating to lose a cherished pet, please don't beat yourself up with guilt for not asking to stay, that's not the cause of her passing. I've noticed that animals, like people, seem to perk up just before they pass- don't know why. Take strength from your Hatter buddies here, we're thinking of you. Please feel free to PM if you just need to talk....
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you have all been so nice. I just needed to talk to someone about it...While my husband is kind and considerate, and was good to Prissy, he wouldn't understand the love you can have for them. Thanks again. Going home now for real. It's been a long day.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..☺..Back on board after a 6 month "binge" following my primadonna's wedding.

My aim is to log EVERTHING again and NOT to weigh myself continuously!

Nice seeing you all again..☺
  • seehe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi Gespea and Nextpage- welcome aboard!!
    Welcome back chatogal great to see you again!
    Charip- great job with the food prep with the veggies!
    Patrice: great day with all those yesses- yipee!
    Snooozie- look at all those yesses- WhoooHooo! And love the added picture
    Gail- hope you are feeling a little better today (((hugs)))

Omg just posted a bunch of stuff after my greetings which disappeared when I hit save post - argh!
  • seehe
    Options
    Friday's progress
    Yes- I thoroughly enjoyed my allotted cheat day without going overboard lol :D:D:D
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet... PM's sent!!! All of us who have ever known the unconditional love of a pet will be thinking of you today; may it bring you some comfort to know you gave little Miss Priss the absolute best life a kitty could ever hope for.. and that's the best gift we can ever give to them in return for all they give to us.. big hugs....
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Friday's progress;

- YES - to paying attention to portion control
    - YES - to consciously focus on healthier choices thru the day
    - YES - to staying within calorie goal
    - YES - to 7-8 glasses of water (HIT 7 and 2 ounces LOLOL EVEN though I left my water
    bottle at home.. was cursing all the way in to work!)
    - YES - to logging today
    - YES - to 30 min of actual exercise (specifying actual dedicated exercise)

I had a really good day yesterday, emotionally and physically lol.... and managed to get in 30 min of exercise (by the skin of teeth I'll admit... but I did it!) on the cybex ski thing in the gym..

These daily mini goal met lists are really helping me remember what I want to accomplish.. keeping my mindful of the "what do I want more - my long term goal or (insert whatever). I actually took a bite of a home made choc chip cookie at work yesterday; fortunately tho they were pretty dry and not all that good LOL (not that I would EVER tell the person who was kind enough to give it to me that). but I discreetly put it aside after the one bite and then tossed it away.. lol just wasn't "calorie worthy" enough to deter me from what I want for myself.

Losing that "all or nothing" mentality is really helping me get back on track too... but consistently aiming to meet those daily goals is what is really seeming to help getting back to basics again...

I'm sticking to my once a week official check in to log my weight, so we'll see where I am on Wed. it's been three weeks since I began getting back to proper eating and I know if I just keep on being consistent with those daily goals it will start to reflect the changes in my weight at some point lol.. ! But more important, I'm starting to feel much better about myself because I know I'm taking all the steps needed to get me to my goals.. and that's really more important to me than a specific number on the scale - feeling comfortable in my own skin lol.

Need to hit the grocery store today and get in my exercise, and its calling for snow so better get my butt in gear to get it all done before work!!! Will do up a few replies next then get cracking!!

Congrats to every one of the Hatters btw... I love seeing all those yesses from everyone, and so impressed that we are all making progress!!!! YAY US! :D
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gsp and Chato - welcome back, lovely to see you!!

G - great goals you've set.. can't wait to hear your progress in them for today - and i'm working the weekend too so i'll be right along side ya lol!

Chat - lol @ the primadonna wedding; glad you get a little breathing space and time for you and Chatoguy to focus on yourselves again!

NextP - welcome to the Hatters... !! love your goals, and huge congrats on already having met the push up one!!!! i still can't do a "real" push up, so I'm mighty impressed!! And it must be way cool to see those pecs.. well done you!!! and being the very good friend i am, for your goal of avoiding wine, you can feel free to send me any you have around the house to keep it out of sight for you.. I wouldn't offer that for just anyone ahem... lol !

Seehe: I was really impressed to see you handled your "free' day beautifully!! That's one of my ultimate goals - to be able to incorporate a free day here and there comfortably, knowing it's an exception to my normal and nothing to panic over or worry about... so I loved your statement that you thoroughly enjoyed without going overboard - perfect and well done you!

okey dokey.. color me gone peeps.. will sneak in later from work to see how's everyones doing!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't get my walk in yesterday BUT I did get my water in and I did complete my logging (tho not til this am). I went over a bit but I wanted that margarita! It was good and today it is back to being good. It is cold and foggy this morning, but I hope a little later it will clear up cold is ok for me and I can enjoy a nice walk. Cold is ok for me when walking and when I say cold it's 41 degrees F which really isn't that cold. I am happy to see everyone logging. It helps motivate me to do so as well. That's what this is all about! Oh, I also lost my first pound in quite awhile! Yay!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Patrice - I just saw your news feed and popping in to say WOO HOO on that pound gone!!!! Just goes to show you are indeed back on track my friend.. and as I said to see hee above, nothing wrong at all with a margarita or any other treat now and then.. it's actually important for us to be able to incorporate those moments and choices into our life if we're going to maintain for life so kudos (but I am NOT to proud to admit I am TOTALLY jealous of that margarita as its a fav of mine but only during summer here lol).
    -
    Hopefully by the afternoon the fog might burn off and you can get out to the duck pond! well done on all your effort this week and congrats on the pound GONE!! :D
  • seehe
    Options
    Yay Patrice!!!! That's FANTSTIC!!! Great progress towards your goals and a pound loss to show for it t2014.gif
    Have a nice walk today, I plan on taking one, too.

Snooozie- love how you called my day a "free" day. I was struggling for a better term for it, so thanks! And LOOK at all your YESSES - you are totally rocking this!!!! t2022.gif
    Glad you are recognizing and seeing all the great choices you are making !
  • Snooozie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    omg susan.. where did you find those fabulous emoticons??? I LOVE them!! pretty please are you willing to share the use of em lol... if I can figure out how??? you are really quite brilliant woman... !!!

(apologies for hi jacking the cheat word for free word tho... just because I prefer thinking of it as a free day doesn't mean I should have replaced yours :'( glad u were ok with it !

now gonna try to do the clapping hands one to applaud YOU!

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/rulez/t2022.gif

K.. THAT DIDNT work LMAO.... HMMMM think like susan..think like susan... t2022.gif

• seehe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lol always happy to share: you got the right site yoursmiles.org, , select the category you want, then tap the smiley you want, copy and paste the link it creates above and voila. just make sure the category for the link ( there are three choices shown under the link) is ubb
    usuwtlaw74gm.jpg