If you do Keto and are looking for friends on here, post here

Options

Replies

• embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    yes please!! i am just getting the hang of it , but have been very pleased with the results so far
  • bakeralison1
    bakeralison1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Continually trying to get back into keto.
  • blushingbride2bee
    blushingbride2bee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HELP! I was doing so well on KETO (16 lbs lost) and fell off the wagon during my destination wedding and honeymoon. I've been back home for 3 months now, have gained almost all my weight back and can't seem to mentally get back into Keto. I need some tips and motivation.
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "...HELP! I was doing so well on KETO (16 lbs lost) and fell off the wagon during my destination wedding and honeymoon. I've been back home for 3 months now, have gained almost all my weight back and can't seem to mentally get back into Keto. I need some tips and motivation."

Hello, blushingbride2bee!
    What was in your Food Diary a year ago..?
    I think you'll see the answer to what works
    for you in the Carbs and Fat change, yes..?

I Lose Appetite & Cravings with Lower Carbs
    and Higher Fat, moderate Protein.

How about you?

Success2UsAll..!
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    HELP! I was doing so well on KETO (16 lbs lost) and fell off the wagon during my destination wedding and honeymoon. I've been back home for 3 months now, have gained almost all my weight back and can't seem to mentally get back into Keto. I need some tips and motivation.
    just do it!! do your sugar detox and be prepared for a few days, get some chromium to help sugar/carb cravings. you can do it!

• blushingbride2bee
    blushingbride2bee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OK Thanks guys! I appreciate some tough love! So just dive head first? Last I did no eating after 6pm night before, morning of HIIT cardio and no carb on day one, then reg keto on day two and I was in Keto right away. Is that the best way to do it?
    tq33702 wrote: »
    "...HELP! I was doing so well on KETO (16 lbs lost) and fell off the wagon during my destination wedding and honeymoon. I've been back home for 3 months now, have gained almost all my weight back and can't seem to mentally get back into Keto. I need some tips and motivation."

Hello, blushingbride2bee!
    What was in your Food Diary a year ago..?
    I think you'll see the answer to what works
    for you in the Carbs and Fat change, yes..?

I Lose Appetite & Cravings with Lower Carbs
    and Higher Fat, moderate Protein.

How about you?

Success2UsAll..!
    just do it!! do your sugar detox and be prepared for a few days, get some chromium to help sugar/carb cravings. you can do it!

OK, Thanks guys! I appreciate some tough love! So just dive head first? Last time (also first time) I did no eating after 6pm night before, morning of I did a HIIT cardio workout and Zero carb on day one, then reg LC keto on day two and I was in Keto right away. Is that the best way to do it?
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    blushingbride...I've been there and also why I'm still here 2 years after first starting MFP. Trying to get mentally into it every time I slip up.

I think its individual but when I get even close to mentally there I prepare my meals for the next couple of days so there aren't excuses. I do close to an egg fast/fat fast for a couple days. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so having limited calories, almost no carbs, and small amount of protein isn't a big deal. Once I get into ketosis I wonder why I ever slip, but nobody is perfect.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon back in October and have been having the worst time getting myself back in line. I've gained back 25 lbs and I can see it's a downward spiral of frustration/depression which leads to carb cravings and emotional eating. But seeing for some reason still doesn't always add up to making good choices. I am struggling again every hour like I used to way back before I found keto in the first place. Extremely frustrated with myself and would welcome anyone who wants to add me and share what works to get your butt in gear and get over the hump.
  • lwh1961
    lwh1961 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm a recovering vegan. I lost about 80lbs eating that way, but was plateaued for months. I'm doing a version of The Rosedale Diet. Low carb, high fat, moderate protein and low saturated fats. I started out doing just LCHF, but I couldn't get in ketosis eating that much protein. I now am keeping protein under 70 grams a day (give or take) and my ketone numbers are looking good, and I'm down about 8lbs.
  • Mexquisite
    Mexquisite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Newbie. just started one week ago. i welcome new and veterans for learning and support. I am hoping to lose 70 lbs,
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to all of this, but feel free to add me! I love to support people who just want to feel better :)
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I've been on MFP for about 2 years and discovered this group about a month ago. I'm very much a work in progress.
  • WisconsinFlyAnglerGirl
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I've been lowering my carbs over the past month. I've been at 10% the past 3 days and I got to 5% for the first time today. Need all the advice and motivation I can find! Open diary and daily logger. :)
  • nymple
    nymple Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie but would love more keto friends :)
  • Japkoo
    Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    add me!!
  • princesspixxelated
    Options
    Feel free to go nuts and add me. I'm princesspixel on Reddit :)
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just started over, yet again, only on day two!! Need all the help I can get.
  • Niube
    Niube Posts: 6
    Options
    starting 2nd month. feel free to add me
  • bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Add me yay!!!
  • alexbhughes
    Options
    Been keto for 8 months, and I eat close to 3800cals a day lolz. I'm in a surplus for putting on size! Check my log if you want to see!