Leslie Sansone January 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    New Monthly Challenge for February is now in the announcement section for the group. It will be moved to the regular section in February B)

PS I have always changed up the introduction for each month's challenge in little and fun ways, so if you find introductions enjoyable to read then check it out ;)

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    an 1st 3 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 2nd 3 miles 3 Mile Walk
    Jan 3rd 2 miles Belly Blasting Walk
    Jan 4th 2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 5th 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    Jan 6th 2 miles 30 minutes to Fitness
    Jan 7th 4 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge
    Jan 10th 2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 15th 3 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 16th 4 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge
    Jan 17th 3 miles Walking For Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker
    Jan 18th 3 miles 3 Mile Walk
    Jan 19th 2 mile 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 20th 3 miles PM Walking with D.R. and 1 mile with Kelly Coffee-Myer
    Jan 21st 2 miles of Walk Your Belly Flat
    Jan 23rd 2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 27th 2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 28th 4 miles 4 mile super challenge
    Jan 29th 6 miles 3 miles from Walk Your Belly Flat and miles 1,2and 3 from 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 30th 4 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge
    58/60

About to get those last 2 miles in.

Mary, it's great to see new faces and watch those miles being cranked out.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    60/60!!!! Goal met, by "the skin o' me teeth! :# "
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that I have not been here much of this month. My brother was in a bad accident earlier this month. He was the pedestrian in a hit and run accident. He suffered multiple fractures and was in the ICU and then the acute care unit, and he is now in a rehabilitation hospital for physical therapy. It is going to be a long haul for him.

After everything that has gone on with my brother these past weeks and then catching up with reading all of your awesome posts tonight reminded me of how blessed we are to be able to walk. My brother will not be able to walk for a couple of months still. My brother does not drive so walking and the bus are his means of transportation.

Ann, thank you so much for responding with many welcoming posts to our new walkers this month, as well as cheering on all our current walkers throughout the month with many encouraging posts. I so appreciate all that you did!! I loved reading all your comments to our group <3

I also want to say how proud I am of all our walkers who didn't miss a step and kept on walking the miles and minutes. I enjoyed very much reading all your posts. You all make this a most awesome group to belong to.

One more day to go in January :noway: .... is it even possible that this month is almost over??

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hugs and prayers for your brother and yourself.

• lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Congratulations to all. You have done great <3
    57/75, so I missed the Jan goal :'( , but I'm not giving up. In Feb I'll do better, cause I have a plan ;)
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    January Goal: 75
    1/1-Walkmeter Tracked Walk and interval run with my son :heart: in The Hague-4.02 miles total
    1/2-Walkmeter Tracked Walk in The Hague-4.04 miles=8.06 miles total
    1/3-Walkmeter Tracked Walk-strolling with my granddaughter :smile: 2.31 miles=10.37 miles total
    1/4-Walkmeter Tracked Walk-strolling with my granddaughter :smile: 3.52= 13.89 miles total
    1/12-Just Walk-Walk off Fat Fast-30 minutes which I guess is 2 miles at Leslie's pace=15.89 miles total
    1/14-Just Walk-Walk to the Hits-Radio Remixes-3miles=18.89 total miles
    1/17-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-4 miles=22.89 total miles
    1/18-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=27.89
    1/19-WAH-Walk Slim-5 Really big Miles=32.89
    1/20-WAP-4 Mile Super Challenge-I have officially been talked to death by Leslie!!!!! 4 miles=36.89 total miles
    1/22-WAP-Walk Strong-2miles=38.89 total miles
    1/23-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles=5 miles=44.89 miles total
    1/23-.75 miles logged on my new Garmin Vivofit step tracker :heart: =45.64
    1/24-Just Walk-5 Mega Miles=50.64 total miles
    -Garmin Vivofit Walk miles 1.3=51.94 total miles
    1/25-Just Walk-Walk Off Fat Fast-40 minute walk
    -Just Walk-Walk Blasters-30 minute Advanced Walk-Garmin Vivofit tracked 5 miles=56.94 total
    1/26 Vivofit tracked-2.3 miles=59.24 total
    1/27 Vivofit tracked 3.5 miles=62.74 total
    1/28 Vivofit tracked a very sad 1 mile!! That is ALL DAY!!!! UGH prepping online college classes is a miles killer! Computer butt!!!! =63.74 total
    1/29-Just Walk-Walk Off Fat Fast-40 min=Vivofit 2.65 mile=66.39 total miles
    -Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=68.99 total miles
    1/30-WAH-Five Fat Burning Miles=5 miles=73.99 total miles
    -Vivofit tracked miles for day-1.4=75.39!! Holy Smokes I made it! :blush:
    1/31-Walk Your Way Thin-Walk It Off & Tone It Up-5miles=80.39 WHEW!!! :laugh:
    Thank goodness my family had the good sense to get me a step/mile gadget for Christmas! :wink:

Can't wait to see your plan Alex as I may need a boost as well!

Congrats Pinky, Bandit, DaLovelee, and AnnofB!

See everyone in February!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just found this group and it's the last day of the month so will participate in Feb. But I wanted to post here because I did the 100 mile challenge in another group and I did it w/Leslie's tapes. I enjoyed it so much I've started an after work program w/her tapes and since I'm doing it w/my personnel lap top I have to be there and get it done. They tried to do a Zumba exercise group a little over a year ago and it was too much for us baby boomers and I was one that was injured. So I haven't exercised in over a year and started with these and it convinced quite a few they could do it to.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Congratulations to the mile goals met! You all are awesome :drinker:

Welcome drbcru to the Walk Challenge and congrats for meeting the 100 mile challenge in your other group! Well done. See you in February.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers for my brother and myself. I so appreciate them all. I am going to be here as much as possible while he and and the awesome staff at the rehab hospital, and I continue toward getting him walking again and while I am also taking care of all of the other stuff like insurance, his apartment etc, etc.

See you all in February :flowersforyou:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    January 26-31

21 with Leslie
    116 Miles with Leslie to date

20 outdoor miles
    95 outside miles total

211 miles total / goal 150 yeah met my goal!!!

Happy Walking!!!
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to your group but I have t say I have been using her you tube video's any where from the 1 to 3 mile and time goes by quick and I think it's a good work out. I just brought her dance video haven't used it yet but I will.
    Question: How is everyone tracking there miles by just using the MFP or another way?
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to your group but I have t say I have been using her you tube video's any where from the 1 to 3 mile and time goes by quick and I think it's a good work out. I just brought her dance video haven't used it yet but I will.
    Question: How is everyone tracking there miles by just using the MFP or another way?
    Welcome to the group! I track my miles on her website, http://www.walkathome.com/
    Click on Walk Social and sign in. I have logged over 1200 miles thus far. I count both WAH videos and the walks I take outdoors. She also has some videos on this site that I use for some of my walks.
    I am so glad you joined us!!
  • bandit5125
    Options
    whats the name of the dance dvd? I have several of hers and I would love the dance one!
  • bridget_williamson23
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this. I did this at the beginning of last year and then switched up my workouts for awhile, but by far the ladies in here keep me motivated the most, so I came back. I'm starting in the middle of the month, so I'm going to shoot for 25 miles this month.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Welcome, bgoddess, to the Leslie Walk at Home group.

Do you mean "Leslie Sansone: Walk to the HITS Party Songs" and/ or "Leslie Sansone: Walk to the HITS Radio Remixes" DVDs when you say you bought a dance video. Both of these are very dance-y and energetic and bouncy, and they introduce bursts of High Intensity Interval Training (aka HIIT) into the routine on these DVDs.

This is different than the "boosted" walking from former DVD if anyone is unfamiliar with these DVDS or HIIT.

• bandit5125
    Options
    I have both of those and they are good. I like her 10 mini walks and the dancing she does in 1 of them. Bough a dance one tonight by Debbie someone and its ok but not as good as Leslie. I also bought Leslies 4 fast miles and man are they fast with lots of intervals. love it!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    I have both of those and they are good. I like her 10 mini walks and the dancing she does in 1 of them. Bough a dance one tonight by Debbie someone and its ok but not as good as Leslie. I also bought Leslies 4 fast miles and man are they fast with lots of intervals. love it!
    Bandit, you are so right about 4 Fast Miles being really fast and very boosted. I like that one a lot!

I like the mini walk DVD also! The dance walk is a fun one for sure!