Egg Fast

Options
lwh1961
lwh1961 Posts: 7 Member
So on a whim I decided to do an egg fast, to see if I can get my weight loss rolling again. Day one wasn't so bad. Let's see if I can make it through day two!

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I struggled with the egg fast...I love eggs but OMG just one day I was so tired of them :/
  • lwh1961
    Options
    Yes that one. I actually found it via a Jimmy Moore blog post first.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Please keep us posted. Cluck, cluck.
  • lwh1961
    Options
    Made it through day two. But I feel like I ate way to many calories today. I made cream cheese pancakes for dinner. They were yummy!
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You go! My love of variation makes the egg fast seem a little intimidating to me. Huh, same thing with a regular fat fast. Then again, I do love cream cheese pancakes. Wishing you great success, let us know how it goes.
  • sbom1
    Options
    lwh1961 wrote: »
    Made it through day two. But I feel like I ate way to many calories today. I made cream cheese pancakes for dinner. They were yummy!

(*)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of giving this a go as well, thanks for the link!
  • lwh1961
    Options
    I did two and a half days and lost 4 lbs. I couldn't face another egg..lol
  • sbom1
    Options
    lwh1961 wrote: »
    I did two and a half days and lost 4 lbs. I couldn't face another egg..lol

:)
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Great loss though. I get the not looking another yoke in the eye. I was so burned out on eggs to begin with. Now I space them out enough to keep them tolerable. I do not think I am tough enough to do an egg fast.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Not a fast, but I eat 18 eggs/week or so.
  • TheTrophyWife
    TheTrophyWife Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow! I'm very egg-cited! LOL!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Sucks in California, new chicken cage law went in to effect on Jan 1st and egg prices are skyrocketing. :(
  • TheTrophyWife
    Options
    Today was my first day and I'm already sick of eggs. Breakfast was great; three scrambled eggs with butter. Lunch, not so much. I made the egg salad. I thought I was going to regurgitate. How will I make it through 5 days? This might be it.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    lol, sorry to hear your frustration.

But really people, an egg fast?? Isn't keto already enough of a hack?
  • TheTrophyWife
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    lol, sorry to hear your frustration.

But really people, an egg fast?? Isn't keto already enough of a hack?

In my case I think it's going to have be enough. I was trying to reset after making some bad choices. Not sure if I can follow through.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Sucks in California, new chicken cage law went in to effect on Jan 1st and egg prices are skyrocketing. :(

Easiest way around it, go to a feedstore this spring and get yourself 6 sexed hen chicks. They're cute and they'll get really friendly if handled. In 8-9 months youll have more eggs than you know what to do with. A 15 buck bag of good feed lasts 4-6 weeks. I never knew having the girls would help with keto, also they eat the cooking scraps and are more than happy to dispose of any baking mishaps.
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I've never heard of the egg fast before, so I had to read up on it. It certainly sounds interesting! I will have to keep this in mind when I stall out (it happens to us all at some point ! )

I do know, during my first round with MFP, and keto I hit a stall around 160 lbs. I wish I would have heard about this before I went off track and became a train wreck again. Although, at least I know now that I can in fact lose the weight, and there are better ways to break a stall. My same mistakes will not be repeated I can tell you that much lol.

That said, please do keep us posted on how this works out for you.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    I don't do egg fasts. Eggs and me are taking a break. Except for deviled eggs. :wink: But I DO increase my fat as high as I can for a while after a carb oops. Extra butter, cheese, sour cream, fat bombs, fatter meat, animal fat, or eating cream cheese off a spoon (my current fave) while keeping my carbs as low as possible. Tastier IMO. But really, if even that drives you nuts, just do regular Keto and avoid cheating that kicks you out in the first place and be patient, and/or try an IF instead to treat a stall.

Just my 33.5 cents. :smile: