What's Your Superfood of the Day??

Options
Todays super food of the day for me in the orange! Fiber, vitamin C, all in a convenient wrapper! weet, juicy oranges make a delicious and healthy snack or addition to a meal. A whole orange contains only about 85 calories and has no fat, cholesterol or sodium. Oranges may boost your immune system and improve your skin; they also aid with heart health, cholesterol levels and other issues. Hip-Hip Hooray for the Orange today!!!

Replies

• Grannychick75
    Grannychick75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is great. I love the idea of learning the super food of the day. I am trying to learn about eating clean so thank you for my first lesson. :D
    I am trying to learn how to send a friend request to you, having no luck at this point.
    Have a great day.
  • vedikak
    Options
    Swear by Miranda Kerr's smoothie - Maca + Cacao + Acai Berry + Spirulina +Goji Berries + Chia Seeds + Coconut Water & Coconut Milk
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Fills me up with less calories, and it contains lots of B Vitamins. It also has Vitamin C and Potassium. Plus, it's so versatile.
  • LifeIsGoodAZ
    LifeIsGoodAZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes to oranges! Especially this time of year, since they're in season, and they help boost the immune system. We are also loving raw beets - traditional red ones and also golden beets. I love them roasted but they are something else entirely raw. So, so good!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My new love is wheat berries.
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SCALLOPS! I made them for dinner tonight. I never realized how healthy and SUPER they really are. Low cal, low fat and just plain good! Season them with a tiny bit of salt, some pepper and paprika, and sear them on a real hot skillet coated in EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil). http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=105
  • crispywalker
    crispywalker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today my superfood is the avocado. I should be stating how wonderful it is for its health. It has lots of B vitamins.. etc... But I just think they taste GREAT!!!
  • amyrllin1
    amyrllin1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    apples! I love apple slices with natural peanutbutter, it has been my go to afternoon snack all week!!
    I have not heard of wheat berries! I'm going to have to check them out! Are they like a strawberry??
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Quail eggs. Our girls started laying last spring, I have 3-5 eggs a day. More if I need extra energy. Some eat them raw but I can't. Fry them in a bit of coconut oil. Quail eggs changed my lifelong pattern of skipping breakfast.

My son did the research & quail eggs are a superfood, high in niacin ... so much so I experienced flushing first week or two. Thought I was having hot flashes. High in HDL my cholesterol dropped 30 points in 3 months. I ignore cholesterol warnings as MFP doesn't distinguish bad cholesterol from good.

The best part is only 14 calories per creamy delicious morsel.

afn926vk1cx1.jpg
  • EBfan10
    EBfan10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Avocados are my super food almost every day. I have a half most days somewhere during the day. And Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is another tonic I drink every day, or at least 5 out of 7.
  • crispywalker
    Options
    Quail eggs! Who would have thought.. Where can I get those?
  • crispywalker
    Options
    <3 (*) My super food today is the lemon. I was feeling very "puffy" lately and a friend told me to drink lemon water to "flush" my system. I drank about 8-10 cups of it for two days and feel a lot better. (*)
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Baby bok choy! Visited a local Asian market looking for Thai basil (scored), but in our browsing found the baby bok choy which sautéed up quickly in our Thai Basil Chicken! Can't wait to add some to my salad tomorrow!

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2378/2
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit drizzled in raw honey = true LOVE !!!!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    careful about the lemon juice drinking....my dentist told me to cut down because it was hard on the enamel on my teeth. Too acidic. Who would have thunk it?
  • CoachKatya
    CoachKatya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All whole plants are super food! Berries are amazing! Fruits are fantastic! Garlic is just wonderful! But sometimes I like to add chia seeds, spirulina, chlorella and wheat grass juice to my diet when I can. For example I made Mineral Rich Salad with chia seeds last night. Recipe here: http://wellnesswithkatya.com/2015/01/mineral-rich-salad/
  • Nessa_the_Wild
    Options
    Today's superfood is quinoa. Turns out it makes a great breakfast cereal!
  • crispywalker
    Options
    Today, I am in the mood for a stir-fry. My superfood of the day is also one of may favorite ingredients. GINGER!! I like to cut it into matchsticks and add to whatever green veggies I can find in the fridge... add some chicken or tofu and stir fry! Yum. This anti-inflammatory is also known to reduce nausea and upset stomach!
  • drmkfab
    drmkfab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My superfood of the week (I have a new goal to try at least ONE new food a week) is organic raw cocoa nibs (courtesy of winners/homesense) - I blended this up with a banana, almond butter, cocoa powder and some coconut water and it was really good!
  • Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Apples! They fill me up and are delish! Also, cucumbers. They are a low calorie count, keep me hydrated, and taste SO GOOD!