Looking for support eating 1200 to 1600 calories daily

Options

Replies

• bhallbonnell
    Options
    vhowru wrote: »
    Can anyone friend me if they support me on this intake for a few weeks ?

I am on a mostly protein diet, and little or no sugar. Can anyone accept me and help stay motivated.
  • rhenry2010
    Options
    Hello, I'm in this boat too!
  • becam01
    becam01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    really really struggling to stay in this range. I am hungry all-the-time.
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been eating about 1200 a day and losing an average of 0.5 lb a week. I eat an adequate amount of protein (at least 60 gm, usually more) and I don't typically get that hungry throughout the day. I plan on staying at this intake for awhile.
  • annekam
    annekam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just upped my protein to 180grs, carbs 150grs and only 30grams of fat. Does anyone have high protein , low fat snack ideas?
    Happy to buddy up with someone
  • Sara_Emily_X
    Options
    Add me
  • mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in that range and GAINING! Probably not enough cardio or lifting or something. Grrr.
  • 222michelle
    222michelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Struggling more now that it is really cold and I want to snack a lot. Going over my calories and working out less. Please add me too.
  • aprilacee
    aprilacee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I do pretty well and then dinner comes... and late night snacks blow it! How do people only eat 1200 calories? It is so hard! Not sure what is going on or if it is my age? I just turned 37.
  • Grinage1027
    Grinage1027 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same range new to this app trying to figure out how to friend :/
  • tabita_77
    tabita_77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can you all add me as well
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Have you looked up what your BMR is? 1200-1600 is a pretty broad range... and not that many really fit into it. I'm 5'9" and when I do nothing but breathe all day long, I need 1536 to just MAINTAIN. That doesn't include any exercise or walking from my car to my desk job. If I factor in a sedentary job with NO EXERCISE, I need just over 1800 to maintain.

I'm assuming you don't have that much weight to lose (as I look at what group we are in) and a steady loss of .5 per week is good! I never go off of numbers that MFP give me because they are way too low and cause binges for me. My weight loss is slower but it is more sustainable.
  • Grinage1027
    Grinage1027 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in this same calorie amount and am still learning this app but can't figure out how to add friends.help?!?! Lol
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am in this same calorie amount and am still learning this app but can't figure out how to add friends.help?!?! Lol

Click on the user that you want to add and to the right of their photo should have two buttons. "Send Message" and "Add Friend"

• MegRenee059
    MegRenee059 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! It's so very hard (or so it seems.) The only thing I've found that fights it is being too busy to think about food. I haven't yet looked into changing my goal fat/carb/protein intake, but it sounds like that might be helpful?
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Me too! It's so very hard (or so it seems.) The only thing I've found that fights it is being too busy to think about food. I haven't yet looked into changing my goal fat/carb/protein intake, but it sounds like that might be helpful?

Find your BMR which is based on your height, current weight, and age.

This will help you see how much your body burns by doing nothing but breathing and is a good starting place!
  • ghadamichael
    Options
    becam01 wrote: »
    really really struggling to stay in this range. I am hungry all-the-time.

Your stomach will shrink and you will not require so much food. Give it 3-4 weeks.
  • debbie20102015
    debbie20102015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    vhowru wrote: »
    Can anyone friend me if they support me on this intake for a few weeks ?

• debbie20102015
    debbie20102015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm at the 1200 calorie per day as well, this is what I needed to lose 2 pounds a week. Did ok this first week. Lost 1.4 pounds. I'm having a hard time getting the right balance of carb to fat to protein.
  • kmbrly0525
    Options
    You can add me. I'm in the 1250-1400 range. I have a 7 month old and a bit more baby weight to lose, but I've been pretty successful since I started working out regularly and not eating sweets.