What's your favourite protein shake?

Options
2»

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    I decaffinated myself prior to surgery because I had to. My surgeon told me about 6 months out, because I asked, that I could have "real" coffee if I had to but he would prefer me not. I do not like the taste of decaf, so I went back to the real stuff. Truth is I am addicted. The only difference for me post op is that I can't drink it black anymore. It bothers my stomach. I work the creamer into my day, but I do have to limit my coffee or I won't get my water in.

Some surgeons say no coffee ever again, so check with yours.

I decaffeinated because I had to as well. I was told I could have "real" coffee after 6 months. I had coffee 6 months to the day after my surgery. I love my coffee, but I also limit myself and make sure I get in all my water. Also, I will sometimes get a soy latte from Starbucks and that gives me a little extra protein. I actually had Chike iced coffee with soy milk for my breakfast this morning, I love the stuff!

• bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like Isagenix IsaLean Shakes Vanilla flavor. (they have whey protein concentrate I'm sorry RillaVanilla). It's 24g of Protein.
  • mfpdevotee
    Options
    mfpdevotee wrote: »
    i could not drink the isopure protein water.... to me it had a gasoline/oil/metalic aftertaste!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the isopure protein waters were terrible. I tried 3 different flavors and they made me want to gag.

lol.. i did the same thing!!!!! and i really wanted to like them because it would of been a good way to get protein in...i'm a premiere protein drinker now.. switch up between choc and vanilla and recently got some flavored extracts to add to the vanilla but i havent tried it yet (orange.. lemon and rasberry)
  • calicat40
    calicat40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had been using Bariatric Advantage but just switch to the Isagenix Isolean vanilla and I love it! It mixes up well in the blender, no gritty taste and I can mix my berries and such with it. It's a keeper for me.
  • IslandSneezerooo
    IslandSneezerooo Posts: 268 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah, isopure isn't an option because it's whey protein, which I'm allergic. I just got some samples from Manitoba Hemp Harvest to try, so hoping that might be an option... Also plan to blend in my nutribullet to make it less gritty.
  • calicat40
    calicat40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've thought about the nutribullet. I have a small blender I purchased at Walmart, it works ok but I would like something that chops up a bit better. Might have to look at that one. Or the Ninja.
  • IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    We LOVE our nutribullet. We seriously use it every single day and it's blasts through frozen fruit like nobody's business. Worth every penny!
  • Ceithlenn
    Ceithlenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Since you are allergic to whey I found Its About Time to be the best vegan option. I recently bought a brand called Purely Inspired at Whole Foods. It is pretty good. The best tool I have found to get rid of the grittiness in protein shakes is a Vitamix. Expensive but you will likely be using protein shakes the rest of your life. I am 12 years out and I still use them. There is no other way to get the 75 -100 grams of protein a day I need to keep from having issues with nutritional deficiencies.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    If you can tolerate eggs, Jay Robb makes an egg white protein powder.
  • IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    That's right, garber6th! I forgot about the Jay Robb egg protein... Gonna order a sample and see how it goes down. I bet that would be a lot smoother.
  • IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    UPDATE:

So just checked out swansonvitamins.com for the egg white protein... The vanilla and chocolate flavoured (no plain) Jay Robb is $42 for 24 oz. It also has soy lecithin which I'm allergic to, so that's a no go...

The plain (which I prefer to flavour myself) Swanson brand (100% pure egg white, no additives) is $26.19 for 1.2 lbs! HUGE difference in price... I've ordered two containers and will let you know know what I think... The only negative comment I saw in the reviews is that you can't just stir it, you have to blend it to get it smooth, which I would do anyways in my nutribullet, so no biggie...

I'm not sponsored to say this or anything, but I really like swansonvitamins.com. Often ordering online from Canada can be a pain because shipping is ridiculously expensive, but they now have a $9.99 flat rate shipping, the shipping is always very quick, there's no tax, and they email out coupon codes regularly.
  • Kleona29
    Kleona29 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yeah, isopure isn't an option because it's whey protein, which I'm allergic. I just got some samples from Manitoba Hemp Harvest to try, so hoping that might be an option... Also plan to blend in my nutribullet to make it less gritty.

So I'm allergic to whey and wheat also and i think eggs too. Please let me know if you find a good one and I'll do the same.
  • IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    Kleona29 wrote: »

So I'm allergic to whey and wheat also and i think eggs too. Please let me know if you find a good one and I'll do the same.

Will do! I'm going to try the hemp samples I got tomorrow and will be posting a review video, so will post the link here once it's up. :smiley:

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm using Veggie Protein Powder. I don't think that it has any soy in it. I really enjoy it. It's got 22g of protein per scoop.
  • stephenbernierla
    Options
    For me: Crytosport 100% Whey Protein powder found at Costco. It is by far the best tasting shake. Very low in sugar and 140 calories when made with water. I like to use Almond milk, strawberries and blueberries for extra calcium and flavor when I want an extra "treat".