What's Your Superfood of the Day??

Options

Replies

• ddailey0689
    Options
    My super food of the day was quinoa. However it is loaded with calories, it was a nice change up from white rice, which I am trying to avoid.

Yesterday my super food was kale and chia seeds in a green smoothie. :)
  • crispywalker
    crispywalker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What are cocoa nibs? Where do I get them?
  • crispywalker
    crispywalker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today for my superfood of the day, I took a hint from some other posts and bought baby bok choy! I will chop this into a strip fry and use leftover wilted bits for a soup.
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today's superfood is quinoa. Turns out it makes a great breakfast cereal!

Love it. I prefer the Tri-color. 1/2 cup warmed up with a few walnuts and 2 T. dark choc morsels. It's great for breakfast or when I need a filling snack. Lots of protein!
  • kerrihmiller
    kerrihmiller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My super food today, baked salmon with a brown sugar mustard glaze with wild rice and steamed veggies. Heart healthy, 19 g protein. Total calories for dinner 308. Great for post workout.
  • Windnancy
    Windnancy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    my super food today is oat bran...i learned today it lowers your blood sugar level which in turn lowers your insuline production which cuts out hunger...i made energy balls with almond flour, cocoa powder, chia and apple sauce and oat bran...great snack post workout!
  • kerrihmiller
    kerrihmiller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Super Food of the day Ancient Grains Cherrios with silk vanilla almond milk. Tastes great and high in iron!
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So quail eggs are a bit tricky. They have a double membrane. Chefs use some "tapping " method but we find quail snips essential to get that little morsel out intact.gz7a9vxvfjp6.jpg
  • Notreadytoquit
    Options
    We changed our free range & quail birds to a high protein mix when the brutal cold weather set in. 2 weeks later ... well this is the weeks tally + another superfood .... dried chestnuts and chestnut flour, and diced dried apples.kgtn8dhnze0j.jpg
  • jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    drmkfab wrote: »
    ... (I have a new goal to try at least ONE new food a week) ...

Awesome goal!
  • WillCams
    Options
    Lemon water or apple cider vinegar and water drinkers, my dentist said it could damage tooth enamel and suggested drinking using a straw, then rinse and spit
  • Stephleduc72
    Options
    All things in moderation. Kale is my super food, chia seeds instead of any fish oil. I also drink green tea with warm lemon every morning 2-4 cups daily.
  • quo55
    quo55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kale & Hemp seeds. Made this into a salad with steamed lentils. So good and good for you.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Red beets...delicious roasted or shredded in a salad. They are nutrient dense & I love the intense red color! My favorite is to cut into chunks along with a sweet potato, toss in olive oil, salt & pepper, roast. Top with a bit of goat cheese. I'm drooling just thinking about it lol
  • sedgerly29
    sedgerly29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow....this is a great thread. I'm going to keep coming back to learn more. I didn't know bok choy was a super food. I love the stuff. Right now I have been eating in my oatmeal an organic very berry mix of Himalayan Raisins, Mulberries, Goji Berries, Thompson Raisins, Golden Berries, Pomegranite Anis, Blueberries, and Cranberries. 1/4c. is 130 cals, but is good in my 1/2 c. of oatmeal in the morning and keeps me full for quite a while.
  • ebbyjean
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds. :)
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've started adding a little bit of turmeric, cinnamon, and ground ginger to my morning green smoothie. It gives it a little kick and it feels good knowing my breakfast is now even healthier than ever!

Great thread by the way!
  • Notreadytoquit
    Options
    538k9ct05uvl.jpg
    Honeybell Oranges shipped from Florida only in January. I don't know if they qualify as a superfood but they are the best oranges I've ever tasted.
  • 0naturally_rachel0
    Options
    Definitely avocado! It's full of good fat, it's nutritious and certainly keeps me full for long periods of time!