10 lbs to loose by Valentine -anybody?

Options

Replies

• brendaswomleyfrazier
    Options
    nzMattO wrote: »
    One week till the next check in day. I hope everyone has been working hard and eating little....ok....working out and eating well. :-) I have dropped passed a milestone weight for me once again with yesterday and today both under the 90kg mark (89.7 and 89.9). ~I weight myself every morning.
    For those who aren't exercise bunnies I's like to encourage you to do what you can. Each night after dinner I have been walking for about 30 minutes. When driving places I actively park further away than needed and walk the difference. In just a few weeks I have developed a new healthy habit and the results are showing. Personally I love having a step counter and daily goals with it. This has really changed my willingness to walk as I try to reach every days target.
    Be good to someone today...take them out for a walk with you!

I can't wait to weigh in for the challenge. I also weigh myself every day. I'm working on getting a pedometer. Right now I'm using my cell phone to keep track of my steps. It really helps .
    I'm at my lowest weight in over 3 years and I'm excited.
  • dskarosi
    dskarosi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The scale finally showed movement today!
    I'm down to 174.2!
    Happy Dance time :p
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dollypno1 wrote: »
    Hello my weigh in for dollypno1 17/01/15 is 158.3lbs

Starting Weight on challenge 163.5
    Weigh in for dollypno1 17/01/15 is 158.3lbs
    Weigh in for dollypno1 30/01/15 is 157lbs

Loss on challenge so far 6.5lbs yeaahh :D:D:D

2 weeks to loose 3.5lbs :( and meet the target.

Hmmn, all things are possible, I am not giving up.

• jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Checking in with my weight...I'm at 150.2 !!!
  • brendaswomleyfrazier
    Options
    Weighing in at 150 this morning.
  • nzMattO
    nzMattO Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    198lb now for me, which is only 2lb loss for the two weeks. Not great but it's still another 2lb lost. That makes 8lb for the challenge for me and I am well on track to meet the 10lb by valentines day target.
  • jakj00
    Options
    Where are the rest of our participants??
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning - I want to congratulate you all on your success so far. I was too late to join your challenge but hope you run another on you are very inspiring, thank you.
  • nzMattO
    Options
    OK, so I was a little slack getting the challenge weights into the spreadsheet but they're all up to date and I've added in those people who wanted to be added....and removed those who wanted to start but perhaps failed on day 1....including the person who started the thread. I'm going to do a blog update soon, I think this may be the focus of today's update.
    Anyway here we go.
    A Huge congrats to Brenda for making it to the 10lb lost level already. This is a fantastic achievement although I understand little about these things I think that means you get to drop a dress size!!! Awesome stuff.
    It's very motivational to me to see other people losing weight as well and this wee challenge has sure helped me to keep focused. Dskarosi is well up there with only 1lb to go and I'm close behind with 2. I know this is a delayed update so I'm sure there's been a bit more lost since.
    It's fantastic to see people who are wiling to work towards a challenge and take control of their lives, becoming healthier and promoting their own lives. Enjoy.

o22rfnjyubs1.jpg
  • jakj00
    Options
    I am feeling a bit discouraged this morning...not sure that I am going to hit the 10 pound weight loss goal by the 14th :\ I went way off track with my meal last night and totally blew my calories for the day and most likely my weight loss for this week. Trying to stay psyched up to just keep working at it though..
  • nzMattO
    Options
    You've already lost over 6lb. Go do some exercise to make up for it. Go for a good long walk. Keep at it, you'll get there.
  • fonzie344
    fonzie344 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ishoulda wrote: »
    I am a bit late to joining the group, but I am up for the challenge. My last weigh in was 140. I did a challenge before that had weekly cardio and strength training goals that helped motivate me. Is anyone else interested in trying that with me? I have also found it useful to befriend everyone in the group. So please add me to your friends and I will do the same!

I'm a challenge right now.
  • fonzie344
    edited February 2015
    Options
    fonzie344 wrote: »
    I am a bit late to joining the group, but I am up for the challenge. My last weigh in was 140. I did a challenge before that had weekly cardio and strength training goals that helped motivate me. Is anyone else interested in trying that with me? I have also found it useful to befriend everyone in the group. So please add me to your friends and I will do the same![/
    I am a bit late to joining the group, but I am up for the challenge. My last weigh in was 140. I did a challenge before that had weekly cardio and strength training goals that helped motivate me. Is anyone else interested in trying that with me? I have also found it useful to befriend everyone in the group. So please add me to your friends and I will do the same!

• fonzie344
    Options

• dskarosi
    dskarosi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im checking in... the scale showed exactly 173 this morning. Hopefully it will be even lower by Friday.

Hope everyone has a successful week :-)
  • nzMattO
    Options
    I'm going to really have to pull something out of the bag. Done some immense exercise, training, but this does not translate to weight loss as when you burn 4000+ calories in a day you NEED to eat.....and my eating wasn't that great. Still I'm lighter than I was when we started and that's a big plus. Will it be 10 pounds by the 14th??? We all have to wait and see. If not, then it should be pretty close. Maybe I will have to go for a long bike ride or run before weighing myself (to cheat and make it through water loss). Nah, that's only cheating me.
  • nzMattO
    Options
    Not long to go now, just a couple of days left. Work hard everyone, lets see how many of us can make it past the post. I'm still very close but not quite there.
  • nzMattO
    Options
    So here we go, Happy Valentines day to all you fantastic looking people who've made it through this challenge. Have an awesome day basking in the hot bodied greatness that comes with losing a few pound, kilos, or any other measure you may use.
    For me this is a tough one....I was 89.1 kg yesterday morning, however yesterday was a rest day and carb-loading (ish) day ready for a solid 2 hour ride plus 5k park run this morning. This mornings pre-exercise weight was 89.8kg, post exercise weight of 88.7kg. So what's the real weight. The truth is if I hadn't have eaten yesterday in preparation for the exercise today I would have maintained the weight or lost a small amount, so I am going to use yesterdays 89.1kg to finish out the challenge, which is 196 pounds. My start weight was 206, so I made it. 10 Pounds lost!
    I'm really looking forward to others results.
    Oh, and this mornings 5k run was taken fairly easy, after 50km (with a huge hill) on the bike, and I set a personal best for the run. Yay!!!!
    Time to celebrate.
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's day to you all, I am checking in today my weight was 155.2lbs so not quite the 153lbs I wanted to be but I think it this was an awesome challenge and helped me to focus. Going by what I ate and how many thanks I overshot on my calories I am preety chuffed I lost 8lbsin total since the challenge.
  • brendaswomleyfrazier
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day! My weigh in is from yesterday because I am no where near a scale for the next few days. 149! I'm down 11 pounds since I started. Looking forward to the next challenge. Thank you to all my new friends for your support.