Options
13»

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MrsSchimmy wrote: »
    Have you looked up what your BMR is? 1200-1600 is a pretty broad range... and not that many really fit into it. I'm 5'9" and when I do nothing but breathe all day long, I need 1536 to just MAINTAIN. That doesn't include any exercise or walking from my car to my desk job. If I factor in a sedentary job with NO EXERCISE, I need just over 1800 to maintain.

I'm assuming you don't have that much weight to lose (as I look at what group we are in) and a steady loss of .5 per week is good! I never go off of numbers that MFP give me because they are way too low and cause binges for me. My weight loss is slower but it is more sustainable.

It all depends upon your current weight. And age. At 131 lbs and 47 years old my TDEE is about 1650 (which includes exercise!). And my healthy-weight goal is 124 lbs, based on current body fat. (Because I have a small frame, some calculators say my ideal weight is well below 110 lbs--like 104-106, so 124 is not an extreme goal).

So, to lose 1/2 lb a week, I need to eat 1400 calories.

It is nice for you that you can eat 1536 calories while lying about all day, and not gain, but that is not reality for everyone. If I did not work out, my TDEE would be about 1450, and I would gain at 1536.

I only share my personal stats to show that 1200-1600 may not be extreme, depending on the circumstances.
  • nastaranalamgir918
    Options
    Add me

Me too, i'm in the same range .add me
  • natalieanneink
    Options
    Me too!
  • annedoud
    Options
    I am there too! Seem to be on a plateau, trying to add more cardio running miles and more water. Also trying to remember to go to bed hungry, not full...
  • AngDesp
    Options
    I'm in the 1,200-1,400 goal range, add me!