tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    In a funny, Calories counter-pointed, animated vid at DrAttia's website is
    'LCHF is the....':
    http://eatingacademy.com/media/videos-peter-likes
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have done everything I can to try and do this properly . Still no change. Only traces of ketones if at all most of the time. Just can't seems to do it ? Is it stress ? It's the only thing left I haven't tried unless my diet STILL isn't right. Happy for anyone to see my diary . I've been on this diet now for about 6weeks . Usually when I "diet" I would've lost about 5kg by now at least . I'm just at my wits end .
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have done everything I can to try and do this properly . Still no change. Only traces of ketones if at all most of the time. Just can't seems to do it ? Is it stress ? It's the only thing left I haven't tried unless my diet STILL isn't right. Happy for anyone to see my diary . I've been on this diet now for about 6weeks . Usually when I "diet" I would've lost about 5kg by now at least . I'm just at my wits end .

I looked through your diary. I don't see that you tried a simple water fast yet. That forces your body to live on fat. Try it, you'll like it... Stop eating for one day. Eat soft foods the day before. Don't gorge yourself on the day when you break the fast. Start the fast, and if you just can't do a whole day, then eat just one time that day, with no snacks or otherwise before or after that ONE meal. But, you may feel pretty good and (its not as hard as you think it is) and just hold out and make it to the next day.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan

• iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you slip out of Ketosis you gain 5-10 pounds in water weight...(Thats same water weight you initially lost in the begining) Sometimes our bodies take a break from weight loss to work on other things that need working on. just be patient, keto on, and try not to stress about the number on the scale, rejoice in the way you feel and the way your clothes fit
  • embersdream
    Options
    actually theres no change apart from half inch from waist. so clothes arent fitting any better and to be honest i feel like crap, not the energy wonderful feeling im meant to feel on this. i feel listless no idea why.
  • embersdream
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

I looked through your diary. I don't see that you tried a simple water fast yet. That forces your body to live on fat. Try it, you'll like it... Stop eating for one day. Eat soft foods the day before. Don't gorge yourself on the day when you break the fast. Start the fast, and if you just can't do a whole day, then eat just one time that day, with no snacks or otherwise before or after that ONE meal. But, you may feel pretty good and (its not as hard as you think it is) and just hold out and make it to the next day.

I hope this helps,

ok im going to try it. I have done fasts before and tend to put it back on again right after, and i dont eat massive meals anyway. I did a fast once for 13 days where it was just vegetable juices like spinach and cucumber and emon, kinda gross but it was the healthest i ever felt and i lost 8 kg , which i kept off until i was injured. but obviously thats not one in this diet.

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

I hope this helps,

ok im going to try it. I have done fasts before and tend to put it back on again right after, and i dont eat massive meals anyway. I did a fast once for 13 days where it was just vegetable juices like spinach and cucumber and emon, kinda gross but it was the healthest i ever felt and i lost 8 kg , which i kept off until i was injured. but obviously thats not one in this diet.

Cool....let us know what happens...

• embersdream
    Options
    yep . today i just cut back . im premenstrual which is challenging w cravings but going to go harder tomorrow. going to still have coffee though :smile:
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    actually theres no change apart from half inch from waist. so clothes arent fitting any better and to be honest i feel like crap, not the energy wonderful feeling im meant to feel on this. i feel listless no idea why.
    Are you supplementing for electrolytes? You need more potassium and magnesium. Easiest way to do this is with an chelated magnesium supplement and Lite Salt for potassium. This is really important.

• embersdream
    Options
    ive started taking masnesium supliment, gotta get onto the potassium though.