Newbie who needs to lose 8-10 lbs and needs accountability partners!!!

Options
fitmotherof4
fitmotherof4 Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
I am struggling with weight now that I am 39!
I need some accountability with eating. My workouts get done but lately too much coffee with creamer and grains ( bad ones) have been my best friend. It is cold and I am stress so I seek them. I need help and a place to report daily!!
I use Garmen tracker to track activity!!!
Any accountability partners here!! Seeking a lady who is where I am!

Replies

• fitmotherof4
    fitmotherof4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use Garmen
  • mjc1409
    mjc1409 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me, I have about 10lbs to go!
  • jennjruiz21
    Options
    Hi I'm a 36 year old mother of four I have 10 to 15 pounds to loose, I'm short 5ft. Snacking when the kids come home and too much coffee at work is my problem. I agree with the other lady letting people see your food diary will help keep us on track, so friend me people I need help too!
  • deb4123
    Options
    I would love to join this group. Have about 10 lbs to loss. On a plato.
  • allabout2015
    allabout2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 39 too! Just posted that I wanted some new friends! Let's get in awesome shape!
  • KitchenWitch75
    Options
    I have lost about 60 lbs in the last 3 years, mostly maintaining in the last year or so but it started to creep back on...10-15 lbs...have been doing well lately with food and exercise! Lost almost 6 lbs in a month...would like to lose another 8 and reassess myself. I'm 5'3", currently weigh 158 and will be 40 in March! My main goal is to tone up and shed my belly...if I can lose a few pounds in the process then that's good too!! I'm new to this whole aspect of MFP...so add me or tell me whatever it is I have to do to sign up lol!!!
  • bmpavlat
    bmpavlat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Friend me. I am 53, 5'7", MFP since November 2014 and down 13 lbs. would like to lose 5 more lbs and see 155 on the scale. I exercise almost daily. Very on track with entering food, drinks and exercise.
  • rln1965
    rln1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will turn 50 in August. I've spent the last 10 years on an emotional roller coaster, through divorce, raising three kids ( now 17, 21, 23 y/o), graduate school, and starting a business. My weight has gone up and down through periods of stress and I've unfortunately lost a good bit of muscle tone (lots of work and very little "work out" ). Menopause has also derailed my metabolism so more muscle mass will be a great help. My goal is to replace 10-12 lbs of extra weight with 3-4 lbs of lean muscle mass. I am relaxed and content for the first time in years and really want to be healthy and in good shape for my birthday.
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with weight now that I am 39!
    I need some accountability with eating. My workouts get done but lately too much coffee with creamer and grains ( bad ones) have been my best friend. It is cold and I am stress so I seek them. I need help and a place to report daily!!
    I use Garmen tracker to track activity!!!
    Any accountability partners here!! Seeking a lady who is where I am!

Hi, I am 42, mum of 3. I am looking to lose 8-10lbs too. I am also trying to avoid the coffee & tea with cakes & biscuits. So hard in this cold weather! I'll friend you. My diary is open for all to see my sugary / carb snacking....

• debbie20102015
    debbie20102015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just sent a bunch of friend requests. I need to be accountable as well! I'm 47 and have always gone to the gym but I can't really say my workouts are very intense. I've put on 15 pounds in the last 18 months and can't get rid of them!
  • dmt366
    dmt366 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and a MFP newbie too. I really hit a wall around 46 with life changes and it has made it very challenging to keep weight off and maintain fitness. Although I've never really worked at tracking fitness and nutrition, this is my year to dig in and really focus on staying ahead of the curve. I'll send you a request and would like to find supportive, encouraging friends too! :)
  • rvdoyle15
    Options
    I am 29, 5'4", and 145 lbs. I have been doing a lot of cardio, but I have a hard time saying "no" to bad carbs and dairy. I am trying to lose at least 5 more lbs before my April wedding. Any support or accountability would be much appreciated!
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just sent a bunch of friend requests. I need to be accountable as well! I'm 47 and have always gone to the gym but I can't really say my workouts are very intense. I've put on 15 pounds in the last 18 months and can't get rid of them!

Nice to meet you Debbie. We can all do this in 2015!

• orchiid2
    orchiid2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Friend me as well! I've been using MFP for a while, but only recently started adding friends for accountability. Also have 10-15 lbs to lose. I'm a 28 year old PhD student who spends way too much time working and eating quick convenience foods!
  • Cdrummond1968
    Options
    Friend me I'm in
  • megangotz
    Options
    rvdoyle15 wrote: »
    I am 29, 5'4", and 145 lbs. I have been doing a lot of cardio, but I have a hard time saying "no" to bad carbs and dairy. I am trying to lose at least 5 more lbs before my April wedding. Any support or accountability would be much appreciated!

I'm down to help. Just started working from home and am really in a "keep at it kick". The easiest way to get bad carbs out of your system is to a) keep away from them, get them out of your house and b) find yummy substitutes. I'm obsessed with "Gimme seaweed snacks". An entire package is only 25 calories and you feel like your snacking because there are so many in a package. Also baked/ sautéed chickpeas. SO GOOD.

• xodianedxo
    xodianedxo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've read all of the comments in this thread and I can relate to each and every one!!! I'm 47 and have 15 pounds to lose. I've been seriously tracking for a few weeks, but I seem to only go up or down 1-2 pounds on any given week. Carbs and coffee are my faves and I struggle every day to limit them. Would like to connect with more friends in the same boat!
  • stepnot
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm 24, 5'7", and about 158lbs. I was inching down to 150 but lately it seems like I can't get my snacking and sugar addiction under control. Ideally, I would like to get down to about 145. Would LOVE some accountability partners, as well!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Me too! Turned 50 in June and I had reached 124 lbs - 11 pounds LESS than my goal weight - on my birthday. What a great present to myself since I hadn't been less than 135 in 20 years. Had gained to 150 due to family stress (elder care), lost the 15 and kept losing! Yay! Now I'm back to 135 - more elder care issues - trying to get back to 125. Would love some partners!
  • rdunigan32
    rdunigan32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We are the same! I'm 5'4" and about 145 right now. I'm looking to lose 10-15lbs total but making small goals for myself now.
    rvdoyle15 wrote: »