Clean Eating

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love hot wings! The spicier the better. So hard to eat just one...or two... :D
    For Super Bowl, I tried to be good by planning ahead. It may look a little weird on the weigh-in chart, but my weight went down 1/2 pound between the Jan 31 weight and the Feb 1st weight. That was my pregame prep. This morning, my weight has returned to the Jan 31st number and I'm ecstatic that it wasn't more than that. I enjoyed every morsel of pizza that I logged along with a really cold organic root beer and couple glasses of wine during the day. All completely worth todays water retention from the excess sodium!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm doing better most days. :)

Good job not giving up, Ladies, and good job planning ahead!

I'm not making much progress so far...I feel like I've been ill for most of the challenge. January flew by. I don't want more time to pass without making progress.

Keep going, Ladies!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way kris. I have improved my habits as far as exercise . planning ahead , and forgiving myself! I feel like I should have better numbers because I have been getting work outs in but I also know I have made some bad choices with eating out. Arrgghhhh
  • trimminit
    Options
    Yeah, I think the restaurant food is my biggest hurdle. Even with "healthier" choices, the food is still higher cal than at home.
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    I was down to 170 when I weight in this morning! Yes! I have learned to accept a lot of the pitfalls but this group keeps me determined to keep going! I keep trying every day to better than the last one!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    I feel like a winner if I simply stay the course and finish the challenge. One of my personal challenges this year is seeing things through and not quitting. I am so grateful to the Challenge leaders and participants that make this Challenge interaction possible! Thank you.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Eating out tonight with a bunch of friends. I've tried to look at the menu on-line before going to the restaurant and pick out what will work best for me. We will see how I hold up after getting there. This is like it's own personal challenge for me this weekend.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Survived the dinner out last night at an amazing Italian restaurant. Instead of ordering a meal that comes with tons of pasta, I ordered a small side salad and added grilled salmon to that and then ordered a side of their sautéed vegetables. The waiter was kind enough to serve the salmon with the vegetable side. I left feeling satisfied and super full. I even had some leftovers for lunch today. :D
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Good Job J!!!! Eating is the worse but it can be done with less damage! :-)
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello guys wanted to say Hi and I will revisit eating clean. I have been a slacker this past few months and I really have to refocus again. You guys are doing well. Take care
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Hi Christine! Glad to hear from you! We have all had our ups and downs... at least you have recognized it and you are right.... time to refocus, get your head in the game, and make it happen! I know you can do it! :)
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies we are doing the next challenge this March and we need volunteers to help with the fitness and recording of winners. If you wish to help please send me a message. Thanks
  • trimminit
    Options
    Yes, seeing things through is a challenge in itself, but not quitting is such a good goal. That alone has to bring progress!

• trimminit
    Options
    Glad to see you, Christine!
    I've been sick for most of this challenge! :s How does that happen? Winter, I guess.
    There are so many people in this group who have shown themselves to be great leaders!! What a good bunch.
    (Let me know if you don't get volunteers. We will be in the middle of moving, but I am always willing to help. Hopefully without being ill this time. :D )
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    I can help... not sure what you need me to do.. I like being a co-leader and helping with whatever I can! Just let me know!
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    So I have been getting my buns to the gym this week... and i am actually going to try a virtual spin class today. I have been doing some really neat interactive rides on the stationary bike,,, but I have been eyeballing the spin cycles. Wish me luck!
  • trimminit
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun!!
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    I am down another pound this morning! I have officially broken into the 160s and am sitting firmly at 168.5. YAY! Gonna keep up with my spinning… it is making that scale move down!

I don’t have to worry too much about V Day. My hubby works so I won’t even see him. I even picked up the Saturday shift at my PT job. Will get home about 3:30 and plan to grab my mom around 4 for an early dinner. Her choice. My veggie tonight is broccoli… sure hope I can order just broccoli somewhere! Lol I can only imagine the looks. I am hoping to get her to dinner and back before I do the teenager run. My youngest (15 yr) has a “date” with his GF. They are going to Buca’s and have a 6:00 reservation. I need to get mom fed and back if possible, otherwise, they teens are just going to have to deal with me dropping them off in the handicap van…. I like to call it the Scooby Doo mobile. It looks just like the Mystery Machine, but with windows, no flowers. (darn it!) But the exact same style and color. LOL My son is horrified when I drive him around in it. Plus I wouldn’t mind dropping off mom, getting her settled in, then get the teens, take them to Buca’s… while they eat, perhaps drink a glass of vino in the bar while waiting. :-)

I am probably going to look like a giant loser, but I don’t care. LOL

What is everyone else doing this weekend?
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    I am down another pound this morning! I have officially broken into the 160s and am sitting firmly at 168.5. YAY! Gonna keep up with my spinning… it is making that scale move down!

I'm working hard to meet you in the 160's. Hopefully, another month and I'll be knocking on the door!
  • trimminit
    Options
    Ha, you need to get some flowers on that thing.
    Way to go on the 160s!!!
    You'll look confident and unafraid to boldly celebrate your glass of wine. People will envy you. :smile:
    I wanted to go away this weekend, but we usually decide to avoid the V Day crowds and wait until everyone is back to their normal lives.
    Happy Valentine's Day, All!