I need good breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• philipcummings
    philipcummings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dice and chop one of every vegetable you have in your fridge and steam them until soft in a non-stick skillet. Add some black beans for extra protein and fiber if you like. Pour over enough beaten eggs to cover plus some and bake at 350 until a knife comes out clean. Cut into wedges and refrigerate. Douse with a little Chipotle Tabasco when you serve it. I'll do this twice a week and I have a protein and veggie rich 200ish calorie breakfast at the ready every day. Yum. Oh, and for some variety, tear a wedge up into pieces over a whole wheat tortilla and top with some salsa for a quick breakfast burrito.
  • KamL27
    Options
    I just do a boiled egg. Quick and easy overnight, then pop in microwave and go. Keeps cravings away. Or, I do low fat greek yogurt, with a little bit of splenda (whatever, sweetener you'd like). I've gotten pretty used to it with no Splenda now.
  • KamL27
    Options
    I also do a garden of life protein shake in between so I don't get sick of eggs. Just shake & go. Or shake while I go. Lol!
  • jenwikoff
    Options
    On sundays I make a weeks worth of egg muffins. I mix 18 eggs, a package of turkey sausage, green pepper (or any other veggies you like). I spray 2 muffin tins and add 2 or 3 spinach leaves at the bottom and add my egg mixture. I also add a few drops of Siracha to each. Cook in the oven at 350 until done. It makes 24 egg muffins and I can just heat and go.
  • KristyT73
    KristyT73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am not that hungry in the mornings, so I make a smoothie. Almond milk, frozen berries, 1 tbsp frozen avocado and greek 0% yogurt. Keeps me going until lunch time.
  • missjenni1988
    Options
    Spicy Egg White Scramble

1/3 CUP Egg Whites
    Jalapeno-Diced
    Spinach 0.5 cup
    1/2 Diced Tomato
    1/2 Cup white onion
    4 garlic cloves (or 1tbs powdered garlic)
    Habenero Pepper, 0.1 cups
    Smoked lean turkey (2 slices)
    Top with Mozzarella, part skim milk, 7 g
    Serve with Natures Own - Whole Wheat, 1 slice

189 Calories
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been making omelets, I sauté scallions, green peppers and fresh mushrooms, add to that 1/3 cup egg whites. I will typically add in 1 T of shredded cheese. I eat first thing in the morning, hungry or not to get my metabolism going. I eat every 2.5-3 hours the rest of the day.

Smoothies are an option as well. Protein powder, 6 ice cubes, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 c berries or 1/2 a banana, stevia if needed.

Oatmeal and fresh fruit are another option

In a pinch I have used Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I usually have a biscott with coffee, or lately a half cup (uncooked) oatmeal with dried cherries and almond milk.. it's higher than I like-255cals but tasty.
  • tnjwood
    tnjwood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love 1 Oz low fat cheddar, 10 tricuits and an apple. Of course my coffee too, around 350 calories and keeps me full!
  • AstroZombie419
    Options
    I saute Kale with garlic and fresh lemon juice, place it on top of whole wheat toast and top with poached eggs, Sometimes I add fresh jalepeno slices, onions, or sun dried tomatoes to the sauted kale.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I love egg muffins, with or without salsa depending if I'm eating them in the car. Lots of good recipes out there! Hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, fruit, smoothies (so many good recipes) are all easy and quick.
  • sambadelic
    sambadelic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is sweet potato. I roast several of them ahead of time and keep them in a container in the fridge. In the morning I microwave one with some tuna. It probably doesn't sound so breakfasty to have tuna, but I like it. I think it would be great with a fried egg too. I really like to add some sauteed collard greens as well.
  • KWubbufetowicz
    Options
    My fav :
    - oat flakes (50-65g)
    - small banana (max 100g)
    - large egg (~65g)
    - a little bit of cinnamon

Mix it up & fry in a pan : one side about 3-4 minutes, then 2nd one for another minute.

I eat it all the time. Enjoy !
  • joeymarszalek
    joeymarszalek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I make ahead half pint mason jars with oatmeal, a little bit of flax seed and fresh/frozen fruit. It takes me maybe 15 minutes and is only about 150-160 calories at most per jar. At work, I just pop it in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds. When I use berries they get all bubbly and the juices run out :)i34nidqvbss6.jpg
  • brucebeau
    brucebeau Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    adhbrooks wrote: »
    I love breakfast but I need some help

1/3 cup bran buds
    1/2 cup raspberries
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup 1% milk

Has lots of fiber, antioxidants, and flavor
  • Spunkykid578
    Spunkykid578 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just ate a french toast tortilla wrap from a recipe I found on here. It was so yummy. Other than that, I usually eat a smoothie with a scoop of protein for breakfast and then a fruit or yogurt snack a couple hours later.
  • ivanaalmand
    Options
    I recently made a 3 ingredient banana pancake that was extremely quick!

Mash 2 large ripe bananas
    4 eggs
    1/4 tspn baking powder

Pour everything into a blender or mix very well with a whisk and cook in a skillet. Serves about 2 people depending on how large you make the pancakes. You don't even need syrup or honey if your bananas are extremely ripe (peels turning black type of ripe).
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Banana English muffin, PB, and a half of a banana sliced on top
  • LifeInAWay
    LifeInAWay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have been LOVING an english muffin with a little mustard on it, one scrambled egg (45 sec in the microwave), and 4 slices of honey ham lunch meat. I skipped breakfast a lot when I was younger and its still hard sometimes to eat in the AM, but this is great. It keeps me going for hours and its super easy. Its about 220ish calories. A little high in sodium, but I watch that closely throughout the day, so its no biggie for me.
  • im_simply_karen
    im_simply_karen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually have one packet of high fiber oatmeal with fresh fruit mixed in.