Lose 10 by St. Patrick's day anyone?

Options

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am joining in a little late but better late then never. I am 5'6 and weigh 162. My ultimate goal weight would be 145-150. I try to not focus completely on the scale. Since St. Patty's day is only 4 weeks away I am setting my goal for this challenge at 5 lbs lost which would get me down to 157. Right now I am training for a half marathon and trying to prepare myself for OCR racing season which starts April 11th. I mix in running 3-4 times a week, strength/core 2-3x a week and Yoga at least once a week. The half marathon is on 3/29.
  • LdRaymond
    LdRaymond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I'm also new to the "community" but not the app. I've had trouble losing the rest of my baby weight. I had my third child 7 months ago. I had no trouble with the previous 2 as I was in my 20's but now I am in my 30's and it looks like it's going to take some work.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Excellent I wanted to get in on a St. Patty's Day challenge. I did the Valentine's challenge starting January 1st. Lost 6.5 pounds and still have about the same amount or a bit more to go. So I think I can do 5 pounds by St. Patty's. Looking forward to losing with all of you!
  • joiedelise
    joiedelise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So, a little update for the group. I've made it through 6 days of my month of no wheats & no sweats and have lost 2lbs! The wheat cravings have subsided, but I still feel a bit weak willed at night when the sugar cravings set in. How is everyone else doing with this challenge?!
  • sharebear2012
    Options
    Hi Joiedelise, I get these PC menu yogurt bars, caramel, mango and berry. They taste great and are 100 calories and it cures my sweet tooth each evening. Fruit is my second choice but it is not quite as good. Grapes are my allowable sweet that helps a lot. Hope that is a help!
  • joiedelise
    joiedelise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Joiedelise, I get these PC menu yogurt bars, caramel, mango and berry. They taste great and are 100 calories and it cures my sweet tooth each evening. Fruit is my second choice but it is not quite as good. Grapes are my allowable sweet that helps a lot. Hope that is a help!

Thanks sharebear2012. I can't have the yogurt bar because of the added sugar, but an apple or a hot cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk has been helping to satisfy the sweet craving. Has anyone tried heating up unsweetened chocolate almond milk? It is surprisingly delicious!
  • cindsecert
    Options
    I'm also in! I recently started using MFP again and hopefully plan to lose 10 pounds by st pattys day!
  • cindsecert
    Options
    I'm in ladies!! I weighed this a.m and was shocked! I weighed 134.8 this morning and my goal is 120. I've also been trying to lose this for a couple of years now and I'm tired of making excuses!! Any vegans in the group??

Im not a vegan but i am a pescatarian :)
  • tellehcor
    tellehcor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Joining a little late, but better late then never :) I'm new to the community, but have been using MFP on and off for a while now.

My stats:
    Height: 5'5"
    CW: 125
    Goal by St. Patty's Day: 120
    UGW: 115

I recently started weight training, so that might throw off my numbers a bit!
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day back after a few month hiatus and I'd love to jump start my weight loss. I'm 5'8 and 148, hoping to get down to 125ish eventually, but 10 pounds would be a great start! I'm a little late to the party, but count me in too

I could really use the accountability as well :)
  • sharebear2012
    Options
    Great to see the new joiners! Welcome! I was happy yesterday when the scale moved. Down .8 from last recorded weight but you know how it fluctutates. This is the lowest reading yet at 122.8. I am aiming for 120 by St. Patty's Day. Still leaves a few pounds to go but by 120 I start to like my figure again! I went bathing suit shopping yesterday and if you get thinking maybe you look good enough, this is a wake up call that motivates!
  • sweety510
    sweety510 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    sweety510 wrote: »
    Hi all I was in the Valentine Day thread trying to lose 10lb by Valentine Day, only lost 5lbs so far and I am up for this challenge as well so St. Patrick Day it is! You can count me in! I am 28 yrs old 4'11 currently weighing at 121 lbs, my HW:135 and GW:105. I am motivated and ready to shed as much weight as possible til St. Patrick Day! I will do my part and update on my progress, so good luck to all! We can do it!!!!! :D

Start Date: 2/4/15- 121lbs
    1st Check in: 3/6/15- 118lbs

Down only 3lbs so far...
    I've been stuck at 118lbs for at least 3 weeks now must be hitting a plateau, I guess I got to change something lol, maybe up my cardio! :# I've also been slowing down on my water intake so gotta work on that too... I'm only getting in 6 cups a day now aargh!!!!
  • Samma6652
    Samma6652 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, ladies! We have 7 days to do your best! I am 2 lbs away from 10 lb loss. Keep up the great work all!
  • Samma6652
    Options
    Hi all I was in the Valentine Day thread trying to lose 10lb by Valentine Day, only lost 5lbs so far and I am up for this challenge as well so St. Patrick Day it is! You can count me in! I am 28 yrs old 4'11 currently weighing at 121 lbs, my HW:135 and GW:105. I am motivated and ready to shed as much weight as possible til St. Patrick Day! I will do my part and update on my progress, so good luck to all! We can do it!!!!! :D

Down only 3lbs so far...
    I've been stuck at 118lbs for at least 3 weeks now must be hitting a plateau, I guess I got to change something lol, maybe up my cardio! :# I've also been slowing down on my water intake so gotta work on that too... I'm only getting in 6 cups a day now aargh!!!!

You can do it! :)
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    SW 118
    CW 115...
    I m on 115 from last 3 weeks... Not expecting much loss.. If I can reduce just 2 lbs by 17, I will b more than happy
  • Gottastopovereating
    Gottastopovereating Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm interested! :)
  • sweety510
    sweety510 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Samma6652 wrote: »

Down only 3lbs so far...

Aww thanks Samma!!! Wow astonishing achievement!!! Only 2lbs to go! That is totally awesome you go girl!!! *high five*
  • Samma6652
    Options
    Samma6652 wrote: »

Down only 3lbs so far...

Aww thanks Samma!!! Wow astonishing achievement!!! Only 2lbs to go! That is totally awesome you go girl!!! *high five*

Thank you :) joining the group helped
  • MrsLegolas
    MrsLegolas Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Samma! Way to go!!! :)
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    im always looking for motivation buddies so any of you gals please feel free to add me :)