Help me get back into THM

hey ladies!

Please help me with any tips!!! :)

Replies

• grace4u2receive
    grace4u2receive Posts: 333 Member
    Take one day at a time! :) Are you talking about getting back into reading?
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Into the meals.im rereading the book but obviously it's going to take time
  • grace4u2receive
    Our family changed what we eat and are eating clean, but it took time to change. One of the best things I did was a detox and changing the way we ate. It does take time.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Our family changed what we eat and are eating clean, but it took time to change. One of the best things I did was a detox and changing the way we ate. It does take time.

What detox did you use?
  • grace4u2receive
    Did the Fast Track One-Day Detox Diet by Ann Louise Gittleman. It helped feeling better and seeing 6.4 pounds drop off in 11 days. The detox was a jump start to eating healthier for good.

Going to be doing it again in March with this group on MFP.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103019-revitalized-bodies
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Thanks!! I'll look into that. Although I'm still breastfeeding, I might have to wait until I stop or my little guy is starting to eat solids.
  • grace4u2receive
    Thankfully, a detox is safe for baby while nursing. You're not denying your body food, just eating healthier food. Eliminating the toxic food that is usually pesticide ridden and not healthy for our bodies.

I would not try a juice detox though, but those aren't healthy for anyone. Some detoxes have a one day fast. You can do a detox without fasting. That can be avoided and you'd still see significant loss, because toxins that are holding onto our fats cells that get eliminated from our bodies.

Found this article online, but you can research and double check with your doctor.

"If you detox during nursing, it can help you shed your baby weight without cutting back on calories. Detoxing enhances metabolism by supporting the liver–the body's most important detox organ that helps metabolize toxins and fat. When your liver works at an optimal level, your body burns fat more efficiently. Plus, pesticides and preservatives can be fattening or even estrogenic which can pack on the pounds. Pure foods help you lose weight."
  • Erinshealthdiscovery
    Erinshealthdiscovery Posts: 20 Member
    I use the youfood app. I pick other THM users for my "friends" since I have to post everything I eat I feel accountable to them, and vice versa. It's great!
    hey ladies!

Please help me with any tips!!! :)

• Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    @JEJMA0223, I have never heard of youfood app. What is it all about??
  • Erinshealthdiscovery
    Erinshealthdiscovery Posts: 20 Member
    @Northern37 You begin by selecting which "diet" you're on and other food or fitness goals. The app selects others with the same diet and goals. You post pictures of every meal to stay accountable to your friends. At the same time you can save a meal and recipe (if added) of something someone else had. I've found tons of amazing THM recipes on there. I love it!
  • Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    @JEJMA0223. thanks! I just downloaded it on to my phone. Will have to see what it all about.

How is everyone doing, any suggestions or tips to share?