Loving MyFitnessPal

Options
I went to the doctor January 17, 2012 when i was told the I was going to be put on blood pressure medicine my blood pressure was 158/110 and the doctor was surprised that I wasn't already having problems along with being diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. I weighed in at this appointment at 298 and was extremely disappointed in myself. I asked what could I do and as he gave me the brutal reality he suggested my fitness pal. I started using slowly and saw numerical results within two weeks. Yesterday I went to the doctor not only weighing in at 229 and blood pressure 117/76 he was happy for me and I am loving the new me. Thanks myfintesspal. lost 69lbs in 6months

Replies

• 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    that is really great! Congratulations.
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's excellent!!! Way to go that's a drastic weight loss and you should be very proud! Did you just cut back on how much you were eating?
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    wow that is a very inspirational story
  • jimgatewood
    jimgatewood Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I actually had the same thing happen to me. Since my weight loss I've been taken off BP meds. You are curing yourself.
    You have our respect. Great Job!

21604338.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dontaenlr2
    Options
    yes i found great alternative recipes that were healthier for me and with less calories. I take in no more than 1300 calories daily, but for the last three months I have also incorporated the gym anywhere from 3-5 times a week. I had to make a drastic change being that I was told my ideal weight was 180 and being 118lbs over that ideal weight was hard to hear but I am fighting back getting healthier and enjoying life in a whole new light.
  • bodsmack7958
    bodsmack7958 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good job man. That's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!