Challenge: 15 in 15 weeks, in 2015!

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    :) if i had to be away from home for that long, i think i'd think of gymming as a kind of haven of consistency too. i hope that you'll locate something.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    mmm apples in Utah.

Actually, I went to college in northern Utah at a place called Weber State. Fun times.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Well, I'm still on this roller coaster and since January I'm down 5.2 lbs! I've been eating more (1350 from 1200) and have incorporated more regular cardio to my 5x5.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    1/1: 148-149 (holiday binge weight)
    1/8: 145# (my avg)
    1/15: 143#
    1/22: 143# (weighed in at 142.2 before evening workout)
    1/31: 144.?
    2/3: ? (neglected to weigh in)
    2/13: 145
    2/20: 144.4 morning weigh in
    2/27: 143.8

Then I binged on Saturday. :( If I went by my charts alone, it'd show me slowly going off calorie plan this last week. My lack of progress on this front has been disheartening to say the least, and I've got 6 weeks left before the challenge ends. Doubt I'd lose 2#s a week safely and without impact to my lift performance.

But I'm still going to give this challenge my best effort. Goal is to stick my calorie program for the next 2 weeks and re-evaluate. I did figure out that the only way to meet my protein goal is to add a protein shake to the meal plan every day. As far as my other goals:

1) 5x5 3x weekly: check
    2) 2x5 assisted pullups daily: check (upgraded to 3x5 last 2 weeks, band change for March and switching back to 1x5.)
    3) 100x pushups daily: check (upgraded to 5x20 last 2 weeks, set/rep change to 4x25 for March)
    4) 10k steps on non-lift days: when weather permitted. Unfortunately this last week and going into March has seen some frigid temps and snow/ice so I haven't been diligent with this.
    5) March add-in: 100x bodyweight squats daily.
    6) March add-in: protein shake daily
    7) March add-in: get a skinfold caliper and learn how to use one for charting purposes in 2nd half

• @Sumi -- GREAT job. So glad you're seeing some progress. Congrats on those 5+ lbs.!

@Blackwolf -- 100 bodyweight squats a day?! On top of SL 5x5?! WOW! That's intense! Can't wait to hear about it! :)
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    @Crabada, your schedule makes me tired just reading it. I bet you'll be more than ecstatic once this month is over! I remember the stress of school all too well.
    Goals:
    1) Lift 3x a week.
    2) At least 20-30 push-ups on nonlifting days.
    3) 10,000 steps or more at least 5 days a week.
    4) Spinning and boxing classes once a week.
    5) Keeping within weekly calories.

1) Check.
    2) The reminder in my phone has helped me with this. But Friday's reminder went off and I didn't do it right away and then, of course, forgot!
    3) Check. 76,590 total steps for a daily average of 10,941. CANNOT wait to get outside and walk when weather gets warm.
    4) Check. And both classes were intense this week, maybe because of the week off?
    5) In spite of going to a bridal fair with my daughters and sampling lots of wedding cakes yesterday, amazingly my total for the week was under 635. Well, that is if I estimated accurately on intake :wink:

Weight (weigh-in day on Friday's):
    1/2 - 172 lbs.
    1/9 - 171 lbs.
    1/16 - 169.5 lbs.
    1/23 - 167.5 lbs.
    1/30 - 165 lbs.
    2/6 - 164.5 lbs.
    2/13 - 162.5 lbs.
    2/20 - 162 lbs.
    2/27 - 161 lbs.
    Total lost in 8 weeks: 11 lbs.

18 days until spring!
  • @Justmytype -- It makes me tired too! :) And GREAT job with those 11 lbs. AWESOME!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    So I skipped a week of checking in (Bad Kro! Wait... I had a VERY good excuse! lol)
    1) New program is 3 days of weight lifting, 1 day of HIIT & abs, 2 days of active recovery and 1 day OFF. I wanna make sure I don't skimp on the active recovery circuit and hit my mobility work EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
    2) There will be no cheat meals over the next 4 weeks, aside from my birthday parties. There will be 2 of them and I will plan ahead for them, fast before them, eat a high protein meal before I go and while I will not count calories, I WILL keep these cheats under control.
    3) It's already a February goal of mine, but minimum 7 hours of sleep average over the week.
    4) Stick to the no snacking, 3 big meals a day template, since it seems to allow me to get through the night without food. It may be psychological, but if it's not broken, I ain't gonna fix it!
    5) Since the actual calories I should be eating on the SHRED meal-plan are actually much lower than 1500 (low carb day) / 1650 (high carb day), I will try to step it back gradually (depending on how I feel, 50-100 cals a week maybe). Hoping for 1300/1500 on the last week, but I'm not gonna starve myself for a crash diet either.

1) Had to "skip" a few days - extra recovery and an extra test workout - so I'm now 3 days over the original 28. But I'm still doing it and have had my first REAL rest-only day since the first Sunday of the program off. So, yap.
    2) Fwah fweehhh fwaaaaaAAaaaaAAAAa.... Well this one's a bit too little too late, I *am* planning a cheat of sorts once I'm done with the SHRED. Probably poutine (a SMALL ONE, okay, Mel? SMALL!) and an oreo donut (and maybe a salted caramel one cuz they look noms >_>).
    3) Uhm, let's see.... For the WHOLE past 2 weeks, I've got... 7:11 hours and 6:49 hours. *bows head down* nope. Gotta clean that up!
    4) The past week has been crappy in that regards and I'm having a hard time transitioning back (eating whenever I was hungry for the past 5-6 days has done a number), but I was doing okay with it prior to the wife and travel trip.
    5) Eesh, so I ended up not adjusting downwards at all, but that's because I fluctuate between hitting those goals and not? This one will also be revised next week.

As I stepped on the scale this AM I was 192.6, which is a .2lbs gain from 2 weeks ago. But I'm also just before my period, where that weight was AFTER I'd shed the bloat. So not a total loss on this front!

I'm at 9lbs lost in 9 weeks. Still on track!

• Sumiblue
    Well, it probably doesn't count because I had stomach flu but I'm down 3 more lbs for a total of 10lbs lost since January.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    threnjen wrote: »
    a) SL 5x5 3 times weekly
    b) Walk a minimum of 8000 steps daily on my Vivofit (or at least average 8000/daily for the week)
    c) Continue to average a 1lb/week deficit
    d) make dinner at home at least 3 nights a week, and eat at home (or home cooked meals at friends or family) at least 5 nights a week.
    e) eat out at lunch no more than twice a week

a) I only did SL twice last week, but I was active every day doing other things (lifting workshop, trampolining, lots of walking) and it was a huge improvement over recent weeks. So I give myself an A+
    b) Averaged 10500 daily, which was 2000 over my average the previous week, proof of my improved activity!
    c) Not quite, but it's ok. I feel good lately about myself. Weigh in today at 118.4 which isn't much different than last week's weigh in, but the difference is this is close to my true weight, so I have actually lost .5-.7lbs since last week (last week I happened to hit a "skinny day" and I was back to 119.5ish the next day which was my "true weight")
    d) I failed miserably at this last week! I don't remember why we were so busy but we went out to eat more than usual.
    e) Check

• threnjen
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    Well, it probably doesn't count because I had stomach flu but I'm down 3 more lbs for a total of 10lbs lost since January.

I'm always reminded of Devil Wears Prada and Emily Blunt saying "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight!"
  • Sumiblue
    ^^^haha, I forgot about that line!
  • justmytype
    I'm always reminded of Devil Wears Prada and Emily Blunt saying "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight!"

@threnjen - That's hilarious. Hey, we'll take it any way we can get it.
    Goals:
    1) Lift 3x a week.

1) Check.
    2) 3 out of 4 days, which is an improvement at least! Total for the week=90 push-ups.
    3) Check. Lots of steps this week, due in part to a 4-mile run on Saturday (it actually got to 50 degrees...a heat wave!). 91,521 total steps for an average daily step count of 13,074.
    4) Spinning class was cancelled at the last minute, but we were allowed to work out at the fitness center anyway, so I biked for about 40 minutes. Boxing class, check.
    5) Check. Ended up being 264 calories below this week.

1/2 - 172 lbs.
    1/9 - 171 lbs.
    1/16 - 169.5 lbs.
    1/23 - 167.5 lbs.
    1/30 - 165 lbs.
    2/6 - 164.5 lbs.
    2/13 - 162.5 lbs.
    2/20 - 162 lbs.
    2/27 - 161 lbs.
    3/6 - 159.5 lbs.
    Total lost in 9 weeks: 12.5 lbs.

• crabada wrote: »
    Goal: Lose 15 pounds (or more) in 15 weeks
    Start date: January 2
    End date: April 17

The plan:
    * 5x5, 3x week
    * 3-mile walks, at least 3x week
    * Stay within calorie range for the week; adjust range downwards to help reach 1 lb. per week loss when necessary
    * Eat an apple with breakfast daily
    * Plan meals and pack lunches on days I can't come home
    * Limit soda (I have a weird rules for myself on this one that aren't worth explaining here)
    * Measurements once a month

01/02 (Starting weight): 0 lbs.
    01/09: -2.0 lbs.
    01/16: -1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.7 lbs.
    01/23: +0.5 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.2 lbs.
    01/30: -3.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -7.0 lbs. (Thank you, flu!)
    02/07: +0.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/14: No change / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/21: -0.3 lbs. / Challenge total: - 6.5 lbs.
    02/28: - 1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: - 8.2 lbs.
    03/06: ?? Bye week / Challenge total: -8.2 lbs.

03/09 - I was traveling all last week, so I wasn't able to weigh myself or do measurements. Pretty much had to ignore my plan too. Back to it this week.

xo,
    C.

• Sumiblue
    Well, I just figured out the format I should be using for this challenge-duh!

1/2- 137 lbs
    1/8- 135
    1/15-133
    1/22-133
    1/29-133.5
    2/5- 133.5
    2/19-132.5
    2/26-132
    3/5- 130.7
    3/10-130.8

Total loss-6.2lbs

According to my BF scale my BF% has come down 2%. Measurements are holding steady from last recording.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2015
    crabada wrote: »
    Goal: Lose 15 pounds (or more) in 15 weeks
    Start date: January 2
    End date: April 17

The plan:
    * 5x5, 3x week
    * 3-mile walks, at least 3x week
    * Stay within calorie range for the week; adjust range downwards to help reach 1 lb. per week loss when necessary
    * Eat an apple with breakfast daily
    * Plan meals and pack lunches on days I can't come home
    * Limit soda (I have a weird rules for myself on this one that aren't worth explaining here)
    * Measurements once a month

01/02 (Starting weight): 0 lbs.
    01/09: -2.0 lbs.
    01/16: -1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.7 lbs.
    01/23: +0.5 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.2 lbs.
    01/30: -3.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -7.0 lbs. (Thank you, flu!)
    02/07: +0.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/14: No change / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/21: -0.3 lbs. / Challenge total: - 6.5 lbs.
    02/28: -1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: - 8.2 lbs.
    03/06: ?? Bye week / Challenge total: -8.2 lbs.
    03/13: -1.6 / Challenge total: -9.8 lbs.

03/15 - The past week has been kind of a wash for me. School stuff (and avoiding school stuff) has taken precedence over fitness. At this point my only goals for the next two weeks is to get work done and not gain back those 10 lbs. Wish me luck.

xo,
    C.
  • threnjen
    threnjen wrote: »
    a) SL 5x5 3 times weekly
    b) Walk a minimum of 8000 steps daily on my Vivofit (or at least average 8000/daily for the week)
    c) Continue to average a 1lb/week deficit
    d) make dinner at home at least 3 nights a week, and eat at home (or home cooked meals at friends or family) at least 5 nights a week.
    e) eat out at lunch no more than twice a week

SW 1/05: 122.4
    CW 3/15: 118

I don't think I'll get that whole 10 off in 15 weeks. Oh well!

a) Check! Yay!
    b) 10,281 last week. Nice!
    c) Meh, whatevs. Not concerned.
    d) Nope. I had a work convention on Sat and I basically didn't cook all week cause I was too busy getting ready.
    e) Check!

Body weight on home scale at 21.6% so I imagine I won't get to 20% by the end of the challenge as I had hoped
  • justmytype
    Goals:
    1) Lift 3x a week.

1) Check.
    2) 3 out of 4 days again. Forgot on Friday. Did do extra push-ups the other days though. Total for the week=105 push-ups.
    3) Check. 82,528 total steps for the week=11,790/day avg. Bummed on Saturday when I went to my favorite park to walk and it was flooded :(
    4) Check.
    5) Check. Yesterday was basically a no-log day because I had all my kids over to celebrate my youngest daughter's birthday (19 already?). Pretty sure I was just under calories for the week. At least I hope so!

1/2 - 172 lbs.
    1/9 - 171 lbs.
    1/16 - 169.5 lbs.
    1/23 - 167.5 lbs.
    1/30 - 165 lbs.
    2/6 - 164.5 lbs.
    2/13 - 162.5 lbs.
    2/20 - 162 lbs.
    2/27 - 161 lbs.
    3/6 - 159.5 lbs.
    3/13 158 lbs.
    Total lost in 10 weeks: 14 lbs.

Keep up the great work everyone. So excited that today is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny! Only wish I didn't have to work :neutral_face:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Alright, 29-30 days left! Basically 4 weeks and some dust powder for me here. I'm not going to do an official weigh-in today because I know for a fact I'm still up a bit and I don't wanna know. Thursday is the mark of the 4 weeks left and that's when I'll be poking the bear again...

I know I'm somewhere around 192lbs and need want to be at 186.6 to get that 15 lbs. That's 5.4lbs in 4 weeks. Gonna have to chow down on it!

Since I'm beginning a new program and changing up my whole dieting strategy, we're gonna shoo the old plan of attack and go with a new one:
    1. Reinstating the "go to bed" alarm at 9:00PM on week nights. I should be in bed at 9:30 unless there's some emergency I have no control over. Thus, should average 7 hours of sleep over the week somewhat consistently
    2. Get back to completing my gratitude journal first thing in the AM and just before bed. Been losing steam here and just filling it in whenever, which kind of defeats the purpose. I'm starting to repeat myself a ton though, so I'll take a break once I'm at 100 entries (just before the end of the 105 days 15 weeks adventure. Lol whoops)
    3. Do at least 30 minutes of yoga once a week (on off days, preferably)
    4. NO going bonkers over trying to add in stuff in order to lose more. More is NOT better.
    5. 90/10 rule on food (90% lean and clean, 10% IIFYM-style). Quick calculation makes it a 2 meals, 1 snack kind of a thing. The only unaccounted for cheat I will have over the next month is Easter. Dat's Eet!
    6. Cardio (in line with #4, this is what I'm adding to my normal programming. No more, and hopefully no less):
      Week 1 - 60 min of LISS total (mini-cycle, DDR, rowing, whatever. Walking doesn't count)
      Week 2 - 30 min LISS, 15 min HIIT
      Week 3 - 45 min LISS, 20 min HIIT (hopefully I can do hill sprints at this point)
      Week 4 - 60 min LISS, 30 min HIIT (and here I can go for a run around the lake? Pl0x?)

If it doesn't get me quite there, I'll be fairly close at the very least! And I'm adding as a note to myself to build up to having sets for 15 push-ups AND recline rows be in my submax range at the end of the month. Need to do them more often!
  • Sumiblue
    SW-137
    CW-129
    Total loss-8 lbs

My last weigh in was post Flu loss but I am now within 2 lbs of that weight. I'm just thrilled to be back in the 120s again! Been holding at this wt. for a couple of days. BF still showing 2% loss from when I got my BF scale (Feb?).