March Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

Current month 2015:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most therapy groups for BED. When I was in BED therapy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only and not for other threads within the BE Support Group.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10040420/binge-eating-support-group-conversation-thread-2015

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    March 2015:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0

Days I did NOT log it all - 0

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg

887823.png
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    March 2015:

Dennis - 1
    Binge Beast - 0
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    Binge: 0
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 1st
    Kourtney: 1
    The Binge: 0
    Days binge free: 14
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    March 1st

Ryan: 1
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    March 1st
    Kadizia - 0
    The Binge - 1
    Days binge free 0
    Yesterday was not as terrible as some of my previous binges but I still feel bloated and awful this morning. So disappointing.
  • tsquaredmama
    tsquaredmama Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    March 1st
    Me: 0
    The Binge: 1
    Probably one of the worst binges to date. Glad I found this today to (hopefully) help me set out on a healthier path.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 1

Me: 1*
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    March 1
    Me 0
    Binge 1

Been awhile since I've been here not that my eating has been any better since I was here. Current struggles include having a 5w baby affecting my sleep and food choice, and treats we've been bribing my toddler to potty train with.
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    2 March 2015

Karla 2
    Binge 0
    Days binge free 7

Out of my routine but doing ok
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited March 2015
    Options
    March 2015:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 1

Days I did NOT log it all - 0

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg

887823.png
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    March 2nd

Ryan: 2
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    Days binge free: 2
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    me-1
    the binge - 1
    days binge free - 1
  • a_hendo
    a_hendo Posts: 4
    Options
    Me- 2
    The binge- 0

Jan total= 7
    Feb total= 7

Keep up the good work everyone, let's make this month a great one!!
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Posted: 3.3.15:

Dennis - 2
    Binge Beast - 0

• kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    March 2nd
    Kourtney: 2
    Days binge free: 15

As of now, I am doing well in terms of bingeing and finding balance in my life. However yesterday, I went to my doctor and we reviewed my bloodwork. My cholesterol is high again, which is unacceptable for a 23 year old. She thinks there is a tiny bit of hereditary influence since all my other numbers are fine and I'm just a touch overweight but this was still upsetting. This time last year I had basically overcome the binge beast and my blood work was perfect! Now that I've been struggling again my cholesterol is high. I know I shouldn't be too disheartened because cholesterol levels are reflective of eating over a several month span, and I've at least decreased my amount of bingeing. I guess the only thing to do now is to keep moving forward, keep improving myself, and hope the numbers go back down for next year!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    March 2
    Me 1*
    Binge 1

• tsquaredmama
    tsquaredmama Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    March 3
    Me: 2
    Binge: 1