Fitbit & MFP linking

Options

Replies

• CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    update, seems like fibit is SLOWLY getting my food entries from MFP now, like one foot item at a time and VERY delayed.
    Still not getting my calorie adjustment on the MFP side though.
  • lsfgreen
    lsfgreen Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a new user to MFP and I have linked my Fitbit to my account but I cannot see where it records my steps. All it says is 693 IPHONE STEPS. I cannot find anything regarding my FitBit activity. Can someone direct me? I checked both the app and the website for both and cannot see where the info. is located. Also, both apps say they are linked--as far as I can tell any way. Thanks!
  • CM9178
    Options
    lsfgreen wrote: »
    I am a new user to MFP and I have linked my Fitbit to my account but I cannot see where it records my steps. All it says is 693 IPHONE STEPS. I cannot find anything regarding my FitBit activity. Can someone direct me? I checked both the app and the website for both and cannot see where the info. is located. Also, both apps say they are linked--as far as I can tell any way. Thanks!

this is a totally different issue, i'd post/ask in a different thread from this one.
  • lsfgreen
    lsfgreen Posts: 5
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »

this is a totally different issue, i'd post/ask in a different thread from this one.

How is this a different issue? It's about linking the two accounts...
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem for the past few weeks and have had my FitBit One connected without issue since April 2013. I've revoked access, removed applications, reset, everything listed in above posts (including what MFP e-mailed me after I complained), and yes, it works for a day or so and then nothing.

The problem seems to be on the MFP side as my FitBit (running on iOS) is accurate and working fine. MFP just won't pull/push all of the data. It's frustrating. Sometimes it will push exercise data, but won't take steps. Same with my water intake. I e-mailed MFP support again today to see what they say. I think they have to go to their developers with this one. All they need is to read these threads.
  • cjs143
    cjs143 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    following
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Same thing here today :(
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My fitbit will not sync with my laptop either.... It just says there is a problem.
  • musicgirl73
    Options
    Ugh! It's happening again. MFP's FitBit API is overloaded. This keeps happening. It works for a while, then it crashes. You'd think they'd figure out how to fix it!!!
  • tcollis
    tcollis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've also been having these issues for weeks now. I've tried christabenjamin's steps, and it didn't work. I've uninstalled the app, even rebooted my fitbit, logged out of both MFP and Fitbit websites, changed every setting I can find, and it still will not work. At first, I was seeing 0 for the adjustment, now I see nothing at all. It's like I don't have a fitbit connected, which I clearly do as all my settings tell me I do.
    I am sooo disappointed. The 2 programs worked beautifully together for me for over a year - I don't know what's happened, but I really wish they would fix it. I'd also like to see some kind of official response from MFP (if there is one, apologies - I have not seen it). There are so many of us experiencing this issue, that it's very unlikely that we are all doing something wrong!
  • fitnesstam
    fitnesstam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tcollis wrote: »
    I've also been having these issues for weeks now. I've tried christabenjamin's steps, and it didn't work. I've uninstalled the app, even rebooted my fitbit, logged out of both MFP and Fitbit websites, changed every setting I can find, and it still will not work. At first, I was seeing 0 for the adjustment, now I see nothing at all. It's like I don't have a fitbit connected, which I clearly do as all my settings tell me I do.
    I am sooo disappointed. The 2 programs worked beautifully together for me for over a year - I don't know what's happened, but I really wish they would fix it. I'd also like to see some kind of official response from MFP (if there is one, apologies - I have not seen it). There are so many of us experiencing this issue, that it's very unlikely that we are all doing something wrong!

Ditto on this. It was working great up until about a month ago. The connecting, disconnecting, denying, revoking access, allowing access is getting very old and frustrating.

• polargurl13
    polargurl13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tcollis... Thank you so much for posting the link. I can stop trying to get it all back up and wasting more time on it.
  • Yodee
    Yodee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was doing fine while I had my Flex but I just bought an HR and the first couple of days were fine but Friday (after logging over 10,000 steps) it decided to stop working. Today was the same - makes it really hard to know where you stand on calories needless to say. I sure hope they figure it out soon!
  • CM9178
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »

How is this a different issue? It's about linking the two accounts...
    because this isn't about linking the 2 accounts, its about the sync stopping working after months of working. Its two totally different things.

• CM9178
    Options

thanks for posting this, at least they posted something about it. BUT, this happens sooooooo often, there is obviously a deeper issue and they keep acting like its a new issue. Its not a new issue. And it needs to be fixed permanently, not for 3 months until it happens again. I'm calling it now, we'll all be complaining about this in another 2 or 3 months. Mark my words.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When this happens I just log my food directly into fitbit. What's the difference. Fitbit still has all the information
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are all having trouble but glad that I am not alone. MFP stopped synching with Fitbit my iPad and iPhone yesterday afternoon. I haven't checked my computer. Yesterday evening followed all the steps mentioned above by Christabenjamin and also uninstalled and reinstalled MFP on iPad and iPhone. Still not working! This is really frustrating . I don't even see a Fitbit step counter in MFP this morning.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    When this happens I just log my food directly into fitbit. What's the difference. Fitbit still has all the information

(1) That takes additional time, when the sync usually works perfectly.
    (2) I don't get a Fitbit adjustment on MFP for my regular daily activity and walking.
  • Bigmonty69
    Options
    Having similar problems here. Nothing was syncing between the two apps at all for the last day or so.

I looked about 2 hrs ago and Fitbit is now showing the food I logged in MFP and MFP is now showing the steps logged in Fitbit.

The only thing not working is that there is no exercise or calorie adjustment in MFP from Fitibit.

No idea what's going on.