Weekly Post - 01/03 - 07/03/15

Options

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

And cause I love my charts (especially because it helps motivate me to keep going even when I feel like I've been stalling out hovering in the same 10 pounds).

60sx1cpyonnh.png

Love, love, love the charts!! Not the greatest day food wise for me today...just eat my whole TDEE at McDonalds, oops!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @forevertoday good luck! keep coming back to the forum! having this place keeps me looking forward to logging in everyday because all the awesome support! knowing that everyone is here cheering for you definitely helps with keeping a positive mindset and even picking back up after a slip-up.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello forevertoday! Stick around here. This is a great, supportive group!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    A friend posted this on her FB page. I wanted to share it with you guys :)

8yhi0rgfkpp6.jpg
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    beautiful @flumi_f!
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What a lovely sentiment flumi,
    fast day today, having a cup a soup before yoga to see if ot helps with dizziness or if certain poses with head down just make me dizzy, they didn't before.
    A small loss but it all adds up, :D
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    2nd fast day of the week just completed, after a pretty dire month last month (horrible virus, too much wine ...). Glad to finally be feeling better and back into the groove! Great quote flumi.
  • MzShelleRenea
    MzShelleRenea Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I fasted Monday. It went pretty well. I ate like crazy yesterday. I know it had to be mental. Today, doing fantastic. Not a huge appetite. Tomorrow is my 2nd FD. I'm going to have a good amount of protein tonight and the plan is no food after 8 p.m. Tomorrow, light lunch and a nice dinner. Lots of tea, water and some coffee.

I do have a TMI question: I noticed on Tuesday, I went to the bathroom A LOT and it was basically equal to when I have to do clean-outs for my yearly colonscopy (rare genetic issue where I started getting polyps at 9 years old and they have gotten progressively worse over the years. Yay me). But is that normal? Should I expect this every time or is it something that goes away? I may be scared to leave my house after a fast. I almost had an accident 2xs. :/
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I fasted Monday. It went pretty well. I ate like crazy yesterday. I know it had to be mental. Today, doing fantastic. Not a huge appetite. Tomorrow is my 2nd FD. I'm going to have a good amount of protein tonight and the plan is no food after 8 p.m. Tomorrow, light lunch and a nice dinner. Lots of tea, water and some coffee.

I do have a TMI question: I noticed on Tuesday, I went to the bathroom A LOT and it was basically equal to when I have to do clean-outs for my yearly colonscopy (rare genetic issue where I started getting polyps at 9 years old and they have gotten progressively worse over the years. Yay me). But is that normal? Should I expect this every time or is it something that goes away? I may be scared to leave my house after a fast. I almost had an accident 2xs. :/

The first month and a half of doing IF, I had bowel issues. Very urgent, and some cramping. I was very worried I'd have to stop doing IF. What helped me? Stop drinking coffee, at least on Fast days! I think it was too harsh on my system when nothing else was going on. Try this. I spent 1.5 months in pain/in the bathroom!

• forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    Today is my first FD and I plan to have a smoothie for lunch packed with blueberries, blackberries, boysenberries, spinach and banana & for dinner tuna, tomato & basil on toast with cauliflower, broccoli, lemon squeeze and parmesan as a side.
    Is it okay to split the 500 calories up? or is it best to have all at once?

Good luck to @MzShelleRenea, I hope your tummy cooperates soon!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @forevertoday - you can spend your cals on a fast day in any way you please :) Sounds yummy btw. The tuna, cauliflower and broccoli should fill you up nicely.

Shelle - we have a tmi thread to this topic. Read through that, maybe you will find some input. I don't really notice much difference, but some others have had issues.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f‌ Love you pic. Made my day. Goino to save it to my screen saver pics so it comes up every so often.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Happy fasting everyone!!! Second fast day for me!!!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Karen - off to bed now...fasting tomorrow :) Hope you have a good one!
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Back on the wagon after a holiday in London... then deciding give myself an extended break after returning lol only gained 4lbs in about 3 weeks of not REALLY watching what I eat (still logging everything though) and not IFing.

Back at it!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    So no weight loss for me in February. Where did my mojo go? I'm staying with it and checking in here because we all know what happens when that stops.
    This weeks tough period days fall on my fast days and it's making it difficult. Can't wait for Friday!
    Love this program. It works! Still holding to my 8.5 lbs down in Januaury. Battling fatigue. Anyone with auto-immune disease's notice that getting your period feels like you were hit by a truck?

MzShell-I only notice lots of BM's on the weeks I lose 1+ lbs. I figured it doesn't evaporate and has to leave the body someway. :#

Forever-welcome! Of course you can split your 500 cal's anyway you see fit.

To all of you having success thanks for being inspiring to those of us in an off week.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Ooh my fast day has turned into a double shift! Yayyyyyy that'll make life much easier...
    6am till 11pm loooooong day but easy to not easy
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Carb--love the charts!
    bpmxxt8fqt02.jpg

For the cat lovers.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Made a decision to start 5:2 tomorrow for the first time ever with a FD, but still doing my research on it.
    Today I stayed at my regular calorie goal of 1400 and will keep that goal on the eat days as I do not trust myself to not calculate or eat more, I feel like 1400 is my safety net right now.

I understand the idea of not trusting yourself enough to eat more than 1400, however, keep in mind that you are doing all of your calories deficits in two days (rather than seven). It is important to have enough calories on the feast days so that you don't go too low on calories for the week. That can leave you tired, depleted and defeated.

There is a TDEE calculator here that can give you an idea of what would be enough calories on the feast days to balance out your fast days.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WI today, haven't lost a bean in 3 weeks, been on 5:2 for 6 weeks. Something needs to change so going to revisit my feast day habits and cut out the the processed crap, add more protein & fresh veg etc. Thought I was being reasonably sensible but a look back at my diary suggests otherwise. The beauty of MFP :wink: . I should probably try to squeeze in more exercise too but can't see how at the moment.