You Might Be a Keto Dieter if.....

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Mami- I special order everywhere. My favorite is a burger with bacon and cheese and avocado, and then ask them to put a fried egg on top. Everyone just looks at me like I am crazy....and then say "wow that DOES look good" when it comes to the table. LOL

That sounds pretty good, although I'm a little sick of eggs from my lack of breakfast variety at present. But I adore avocado! I just wish I were better at picking them out at the store.

There was a chart floating about on facebook that shows if you pop off that bottom knob (t part that connects back to the tree, the colors under the "stem" thing show you how fresh/ready to eat the avocado is. I'll see if I can find it!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Mami- I special order everywhere. My favorite is a burger with bacon and cheese and avocado, and then ask them to put a fried egg on top. Everyone just looks at me like I am crazy....and then say "wow that DOES look good" when it comes to the table. LOL

That sounds pretty good, although I'm a little sick of eggs from my lack of breakfast variety at present. But I adore avocado! I just wish I were better at picking them out at the store.

There was a chart floating about on facebook that shows if you pop off that bottom knob (t part that connects back to the tree, the colors under the "stem" thing show you how fresh/ready to eat the avocado is. I'll see if I can find it!

Only do this is you're going to eat it that day! They spoil without the stem, mold in an avocado ain't pretty. Also, the smoother and thinner the skin on a hass avocado the more flavor it has, when squeezing your thumb should feel like it's going to go in a bit, but then not be able to.

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    So is that why I often buy avocados that already have black inside them? Someone popped off the stem part (or they are overripe)?
  • middleagedmeh
    middleagedmeh Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    "you've reached the point where 18 eggs/week is not enough"

With my current average pushing 30... I am almost double that number. LOL

"you by 5+ dozen eggs at your every-other-week farmer's market trip, just to sustain your breakfasts."

Yep... actually gave a serious thought to buying 15 dozen eggs on my last trip. But, decided the 10/cent per dozen savings wasn't worth the risk that the last dozen might not be eaten before they go bad.

I was recently talking to my wife about this. I used to get raw milk and bread everyday on the way home before keto (sometimes some healthy fruits to go with that). Now when I call on the way I hear. .. "We ate out of eggs" about twice a week. Before keto I don't think I had ever been out of eggs.

@DittoDan‌
    You may be a keto dieter if the first comment out of anyone you have not seen in over 6 months is "What happened to you?"

I get this at least 2 to 3 times a month.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    The problem I've found with avocados lately is they're deceiving. I know the tricks for checking under the stem, feeling how firm they are, going by color. They're supposed to be kept at temps either just above freezing or in the 40's, depending how ripe they are already. I get the feeling at some step along the way here, they're being frozen, then defrost and the outer 1/2 inch or so goes to mush (looks and feels ripe) while the inside is still hard as a rock. Some weeks I don't see that at all, then another week, half the ones I buy are like that.
  • Quatroux
    Quatroux Posts: 51 Member
    Options

That burger combination is usually called a nooner except hash browns replace the avocado. They are awesome. I guess you made the keto version!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I've confused the people at burger king before. I walked up and asked for three patties. No, I don't want a triple burger. I just want three patties all by themselves. No toppings. No bun. Just meat.

You would have thought I was asking her to undress in public.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I've confused the people at burger king before. I walked up and asked for three patties. No, I don't want a triple burger. I just want three patties all by themselves. No toppings. No bun. Just meat.

You would have thought I was asking her to undress in public.

I used to work at Wendy's and this type of thing never phased me. I always assumed there was a reason, so I just repeated it like any other order. But I also was raised by my grandparents to be open-minded, so I had a leg up! Although, I have to admit that opening the eyes of some of these kids is quite an enjoyable experience!

What's funnier is that I would do a variation when I worked there. I would get 4 regular burgers (cheaper than the bigger ones back when with employee discount), have them put it all on only one bun, and a single set of condiments... They usually just rung up the food and let me make it myself...
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    ...if you go to Burger King and confuse them by ordering a Double Whopper with cheese and bacon without the bun.

Yup that was lunch today! The lady taking my order didn't even blink.

uqitutawl3pj.jpg

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    @octobubbles, that's great!! LOL
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    You might be a keto dieter if you figure 4 pounds of bacon will be enough to get through a 4-day camping trip...then cook 6 because you figure 1/3 will disappear while you're cooking.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    You've ever taken a shot of melted butter before.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You find that you can't eat enough.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    There are a couple different types of fast food sandwiches Ive eaten without the bun. Before my nightshade allergy, from McD's Id order 2 $1 chicken sandwiches and 1$1 McDouble. Then use the chicken as the bread for the McDouble meat and throw the buns to the dog/birds/trash/etc. The carb count was something like 8 and the fat was like 30+ if you included the mayo on the chicken and cheese on the meat.

But now with the nightshade allergy, i just get a $1 McDouble, extra pickles, substitute onions (cause who wants dehydrated when you can get real slivered onion for free), add mayo. Then give the bun to the dog/birds/trash/etc.

Im guessing you can do this anywhere, but with our budget even a $1 sandwich from McD's is like a monthly treat and the only treat we get that month.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The family opens the fridge exclaiming, "There's nothing to eat!"

Then you point out:

The boiled eggs
    The roasted bacon
    Avocado
    Crustless quiche
    4 different types of cheese
    Sour cream salad dressing
  • LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sticking to your diet means you get to eat BACON!

EVERY.

SINGLE.

DAY.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    ....if in your kitchen ~ handles, buttons on kitchen devices & knobs are becoming increasingly greasy feeling...
  • Rockmaker
    Rockmaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You might be a Keto Dieter if you eat half your meals off your cutting board...gqhji38x29tg.jpg
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    v9o8op0t38pr.jpg
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was just feeling a little story for myself for not being in ketosis when I stumbled across this. Love it! Reminded me why I love this WOE and why is worth it.